Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Game Development
| | |-+  Game Development Discussion (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | | |-+  Buying a house
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buying a house  (Read 13151 times)
The Guy
Pr Team
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2005, 02:33:34 AM »

Well, of course, he would have to had some residence earlier in his life.  Unless for a hero he was homeless?  But I don't think that's the case, for how often does one hear of the Homeless Hero?  And as for say, a cabin, it doesn't mean he will live there but be a place to rest, train, and use for storage as Silverbolt suggested when he had started the thread.  It does not mean mean it has to be a grand house, mansion, castle, what have you, more of a stopover is what I suppose I am getting at.  If you were closer to the house/cabin then near a city,you could rest there, drop off things to lighten your load, a fighter could train on a dummy, a thief could have a target to use for throwing daggers, perhaps a chest or door of some sort to practice lockpicking, and a mage could use it to study and learn spells.  I don't really think this is going to happen, but it could always be a thought for future use.  And as for marriage??  No, I don't see a house just for marriage, but hey if it came to that wouldn't you like to have a young hero in training and then go out in a blaze of glory? hehe
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 02:34:56 AM by The Guy » Logged

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2005, 04:21:39 AM »

But you're generally a newcomer to said Valley/Desert/Jungle/Island. So you wouldn't have a house. Maybe you could get a tent. Or a yurt.

The Guy
Pr Team
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2005, 09:37:33 AM »

Well that is granted, but all my ideas were based on the possibility of buying and/or earning a house or cabin or something along the lines of that.  To be carrying around a tent or yurt would be unnecessary baggage depending on just how much said items may weigh.  I just put them in if they were to ever be considered whether in the upcoming game or maybe in a future release.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 09:38:40 AM by The Guy » Logged

JohnWWells
Plot Team
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2005, 09:50:39 AM »

The possibility of buying a house is definitely something to consider for, er, Hero9. Until then, I doubt that our hero can be tied down so easily. The whole "finding a safe place to rest" conundrum was, I think, a nice touch in the QFG games, and so our hero will remain a vagabond for some time.

This is not, of course, an Official Answer. Official Answers are not really possible for anything past Hero6. That said, investing in real estate in Albion will probably not be a good idea until somebody makes it a little safer.

It's the hero's eternal dilemma. You can't settle down nicely until you've made the country safe, but once you've made the country safe, you're out of work. Oh, the pathos!
Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2005, 01:16:06 PM »

Well, I was REALLY new to this when I posted this, so...

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

The Guy
Pr Team
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2006, 07:35:36 PM »

The possibility of buying a house is definitely something to consider for, er, Hero9. Until then, I doubt that our hero can be tied down so easily.

Who said anything about being tied down so easily just by buying a house? (Oh wait, PHattiE did) It's not like you would suddenly buy a house, settle down right there, and start sprucing up the place. Doesn't even have to be a house, could be a small one room hut or cabin or something. If something like that were the case, nobody says that your place of residence would be safe from rogues and such, whether you earned that residence honestly or by misdeed (think thief now). And if such a thing like that were possible, then a new option could be added to each character class! Depending on certain day(s) or night(s), while out on a quest or resting even, you could put money or whatever into a chest and then lock it. I suppose the Fighter could use a giant lock. The Mage could use a spell to lock and trap it. The Thief could set some kind of devious poison lock/trap. I mean, why should the Hero be invunerable to thievery regardless of class chosen? You end up returning from a quest to rest before moving on to what's next (or awake from resting) and find your house/hut/cabin/something broken into and robbed! How often in the QFG series did one have their items stolen? In the first 4 games, not to my recollection. Since I never completed QFG5, I can't rightfully say. Something like this could somewhat add to the game, maybe by just adding a sidequest in the hunt for your possessions or adding to the storyline itself.

The whole "finding a safe place to rest" conundrum was, I think, a nice touch in the QFG games, and so our hero will remain a vagabond for some time.

It would appear the Homeless Hero seems to be the case after all.

And Silverbolt, I still think it's a good idea.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 07:37:46 PM by The Guy » Logged

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2006, 05:54:31 AM »

Considering the massive fortunes you made in 1-4, you'd think you could at least afford a decent inn room with maybe so little as a nightstand and a chest. Yet the only time you had a chest was when you were sleeping in a wooden hut with an animal skin bed. I mean, you got a bed and a window in most of them, and that was it. The people of Glorianna were pretty cheap when it came to the inns. I wouldn't have paid a silver to stay in the Hero's Tale Inn, but they charged FIVE. Cats.

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2006, 09:40:30 AM »

Well, you DID have a chest in the Tarna inn. And the Mordavia one, in addition to the Simbani hut.

The Guy
Pr Team
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2006, 09:44:15 AM »

This is true, but has the Hero ever had anything stolen from him? Whether an item(s) on his possession or stored in a chest?

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2006, 02:33:21 AM »

I never put anything in the chests anyway.

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2006, 10:09:28 PM »

I did. The will'o wisps until I figured them out.

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2006, 12:36:12 AM »

You trapped children'spirits in a wooden box? Too bad there isn't a Good/Evil indicator in QFG, 'cause you would've hit rock bottom.

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2006, 10:36:14 AM »

Die.

The Guy
Pr Team
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2006, 02:19:58 AM »

That's such a logical response from you, Silverbolt. Aside from that, if you put the Will O' the Wisps in the chest, wouldn't they be gone when morning would come? Or because the chest is closed, and most likely dark, they survive in there? I never tried that in my game.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 02:21:25 AM by The Guy » Logged

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2006, 01:01:11 PM »

They survive in the chest.

You die.  cheesy  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: