Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Game Development
| | |-+  Future Hero6 Projects (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | | |-+  Weapons System
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weapons System  (Read 11660 times)
Pwincess
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2005, 06:57:16 AM »

Use the nwn's 'engine'?  huh

--> can use a variety of weapons
--> can wear a heap of outfits
--> multiplayer
--> etc  cheesy
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 06:58:00 AM by Pwincess » Logged
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2005, 07:03:07 AM »

- No player skill necessary, also.

For combat types, I think it would be best if we used QFG2's or QFG1's style. Or we could make it so that you controlled the Sword with your mouse, and (FIGHTERS AND PALADINS only) you controlled the shield with WSAD or the arrow keys.

ndcent168
Knight

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2005, 07:10:49 AM »

While I'll agree that there ought to be a way to have "auto" combat, the fun combat can add a lot to the game.

As for the mouse/sword idea, I think that would break my fifth rule.

What exactly do you mean by nwn's "engine"? I don't play "Never Winter Nights" if that's what you are refering to.
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2005, 07:42:09 AM »

The combat system of NWN. Which is "Click Target." Rolls dice. It goes on for a little bit, critical hits and stuff, and then you or the evil thingie gets killed.

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2005, 08:04:02 AM »

I liked the NWN combat system. It's a turn-based system that seems to take place in real time, so while it looks similar to the click-fest type of fights, you just clicked once and watch everyone take turns to try and do damage. The only other time where you had to click was to select spells and abilities to use, and those are queued along with everything else. There was some strategy and planning involved and it's rather entertaining to watch too. Also, the "Spacebar' allowed players to pause the game during combat and planned their next few moves safely.

Maybe even have a Dynamic Zoom, like that in Super Smash Brothers.

I've never played Super Smash Brothers, so I'm not quite sure what you mean by a Dynamic Zoom. What's that?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 08:23:46 AM by Swift » Logged

ndcent168
Knight

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2005, 08:06:25 AM »

Although there obviously must be some random factors in if you hit, damage (from a range), etc. I'd much rather see more active combat.

(Second Post)

The game dynamically zoomd in and out depending on the distance between you and your opponent.

I know I didn't state this originally, but a turn-based, dice based combat system is not acceptable to me. The combat needs to be real-time, and I will smite anyone who says otherwise.

Edit by Swift: Please refrain from making double-posts, especially when the time difference is very short. Use the 'Edit' button when you want to add additional comments. Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 08:16:49 AM by Swift » Logged
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2005, 08:11:23 AM »

How about as soon as a monster enters the area, your guy pulls out his sword and combat initiates? You can direct your guy to move around in the fight, and when he comes within range with his weapon of choice (Sling, Sword, Dagger, and Spear would all have different ranges) you would be able to slash, dice, slice, thrust, stab, and toss.

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2005, 08:22:47 AM »

Good idea, Corsair. Everyone, keep pouring in new ideas! If the team thinks it's suitable, it could be implemented in the Hero7 combat system.

The combat needs to be real-time, and I will smite anyone who says otherwise.

That's not up to you to decide, actually. The team will use whatever system they think is suitable for H7, and if they decide on a turn-based system for example, you don't get to smite them.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 08:23:27 AM by Swift » Logged

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2005, 08:26:11 AM »

Though all of the QFG series was Real Time. And I think most of us prefer it real time, because Turn Based games are a dime a dozen. Look at Square..

Enix.

Man, I hate the future. Because the future is now..no more good FFs...no Chrono Trigger 2 or Chrono Break..at least there is Hero6...and the other fangames...and, of course.

ADVERTISEMENT!!!

The Chrono Trigger Novel Project

Home of the one and only Chrono Trigger novelization...COMING 2005. (Please post on the forum. I'm a mod, isn't that a terrifying thought?)

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2005, 08:35:36 AM »

The only exception was QG 4, as the game had an option for players to allow the computer to fight for their character.

But yeah, maybe more QG players would prefer Real Time to turn-based. I might want to create a poll for that.

Still, nothing's set in stone yet, so if any of you have any suggestions on what combat systems to use and/or how they can be improved, do post them here.

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2005, 08:37:37 AM »

Speaking of stone, any chance of a petrification spell? That'd rock.

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2005, 08:49:46 AM »

How punny.

Yeah, that might be a nice spell to learn.

ndcent168
Knight

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2005, 05:34:13 PM »

I love the idea Corsair5. That sounds like that the right direction.

And for those that don't enjoy combat, I'm sure we can work out some kind of Auto mode for them. Or maybe we could have a turn based system IN ADDITION to the real time.

And I can smite who ever I want for what ever reason.

And aren't you still a sheep, Swift?
Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2005, 05:55:11 PM »

And aren't you still a sheep, Swift?
Since when? blink  

Jarada Knight: The Honorable Marshmallow
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2005, 06:12:15 PM »

I was never a sheep. And no you don't get to smite others. Grow up.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: