Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Game Development
| | |-+  Future Hero6 Projects (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | | |-+  Weapons System
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weapons System  (Read 11699 times)
Pwincess
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2005, 05:17:58 AM »

ndcent168, comments like that towards other visitors, moderators or administrators will not be tolerated in the Hero6 forums.
ndcent168
Knight

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2005, 07:25:13 AM »

I was never a sheep. And no you don't get to smite others. Grow up.
I had been reading some of the old form posts and there was a thread I where someone "cast" polymorph on you and you defended with an amulet... Just a joke. Smiley

Just as I cannot actually smite anyone here for disagreeing with me. It's not meant to be taken seriously.
Jigen
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2005, 03:15:09 PM »

And speaking of weapon systems.

To my way of thinking you've got a few basic classes of weapons: Short weapons, Sidearms, Polearms and projectile weapons. Each have their own uses, short weapons are concealable and the best for use when you are right up close to (or grappling) your opponent. Sidearms (such as swords and hand-axes) enjoy better reach and damage over short weapons. For polearms these advantages are increased again, but are slower to use (except for quarter-staffs) and unweildy in close quarters.

The use of projectile weapons is pretty d@mn self-explanatory and would include stones, slings, thrown daggers and Bows.

Set a match alight, and a man will be warm for a minute.
Set a man on fire and he\'ll be warm the rest of his life.
Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2005, 06:46:47 PM »

In addition you could have some extra weapons in there that are magic and that can be defined as multiple categories (such as a dagger that can morph into a sword in combat), and would be really hard to find.

For equiping them, I'd say allow the character to equip 2 weapons at one time. That way a thief could toss daggers at his foes until they get close, and then switch to his short sword.

And, of course, make it so that some weapons can only be used by certain classes. If you find a Fire Sword, but you're only a thief, you can't equip it, so you have to sell it.

The Paladin: To seek, To learn, To do.
-quest board in QFG2

If I ever feel too down or over-inflated, all I have to do is remember one of two things: to the right of me, in some dimension, I am a king; to the left of me, in another dimension, I am a hanged man.
-ME!
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2005, 08:37:01 PM »

When you say Fire Sword, do you refer to the Paladin blade? Because Paladin blades, when not wielded by a Paladin, just are swords. A thief or fighter could wield them, but they wouldn't blaze.

Jigen
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2005, 12:04:34 PM »

I'm with Corsair on that one. I mean c'mon How does that translate into real life? (ignoring the fact that we're talking about magic swords for just TWO seconds here folks).

I don't care what your job is if you can lift it's weight you can wield that sword, your own skill or natural ability will determine what you can do with it, but outside of that there's no big book o' rules that says 'you're a theif you can't fight with swords' and crap like that.

Set a match alight, and a man will be warm for a minute.
Set a man on fire and he\'ll be warm the rest of his life.
ndcent168
Knight

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2005, 02:14:48 PM »

Great though. Now, do we use and Everquest-style skill set, having a different "Weapon Use" skill for each weapon?
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2005, 09:32:25 PM »

I say that if a Non-Fighter character wishes to use a sword or something, he has to go to the Weapon-Master or Guildmaster and ask for training with Swords or whatever. The guy trains him for like five gold, and then you can use a sword or whatever.

Pwincess
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2005, 11:15:45 PM »

It would be great if we could have trainers for other classes, such as the wizard  cheesy

I sure hope that we implement a thief?s guild in hero7!
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2005, 12:16:53 AM »

What, you aren't putting one in Hero6? Aaah! *Throws self out window*

Pwincess
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2005, 02:46:02 AM »

Tongue  Never said that
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2005, 03:10:22 AM »

I think my favorite Thieve's Guild was the QFG4 Guild. It was by far the hardest to find.  

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2005, 03:53:32 AM »

QG4's guild also had as many free daggers as you felt like going and getting.

c/dos
c/dos/run
Pwincess
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2005, 03:54:29 AM »

The music was pretty funky also  :winktongue:  
Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2005, 04:05:14 AM »

I havn't played it recently enough to remember the music. the traps were cool, too.

c/dos
c/dos/run
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: