Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Role Playing Stories (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  RPS discussion topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RPS discussion topic  (Read 115988 times)
Jigen
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: May 20, 2005, 01:02:33 PM »

This is why I play mundane characters. I don't play for the power trip.

Set a match alight, and a man will be warm for a minute.
Set a man on fire and he\'ll be warm the rest of his life.
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 23, 2005, 10:28:08 PM »

You're a NINJA, man. You don't NEED megapowers.

Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 23, 2005, 11:23:36 PM »

Yeah, can't be used in battle, and it requires 30 minutes of character time to work. The more I do it, the fast I can cast it, at DMs descression

The Paladin: To seek, To learn, To do.
-quest board in QFG2

If I ever feel too down or over-inflated, all I have to do is remember one of two things: to the right of me, in some dimension, I am a king; to the left of me, in another dimension, I am a hanged man.
-ME!
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 24, 2005, 01:07:53 AM »

Paladin0707077, ok, I'll accept that. Now the one last thing that needs to be addressed is your spell list. For a multiclassed character, you have a bit too many spells. You can either ditch the sneaking ability so that you can keep your spells, or remove one spell you don't need.

Corsair, have you changed your arcane missiles spell yet?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 01:08:04 AM by Swift » Logged

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 24, 2005, 01:59:23 AM »

I changed the class of my guy into something a little more inspired. And before you say being able to summon the powers of fire is unfair, well, the spells don't tap into mana. They tap into his health. So he can kill himself with spells.  

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #860 on: May 24, 2005, 03:21:34 AM »

and make him very vulnerable to other people's attacks

c/dos
c/dos/run
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 24, 2005, 05:27:40 AM »

It's comments like that Corsair that tells me you don't quite understand what an overpowered character is. There is nothing wrong with being able to summon fire. It's how you *use* those powers and whether there are any restrictions that determine what's acceptable and what isn't. For instance, if your flame ability is capable of wiping out an entire army in an instant, and there's no way to escape that sort of fate, then yes, it's unacceptable. Your character is fine, and I'll accept it.

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 24, 2005, 09:20:22 PM »

Technically, my guy COULD do that now, but he would be consumed, and so would everyone within about a hundred meters from him.

And, just to make it clear, Shaper is a subset of Mage. My guy CANNOT use Arcane, Wind, Water, or Earth spells. So no teleportation, flying, feather fall, Summon Cheese...etc. Just so you know.  

Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 25, 2005, 07:33:34 AM »

Hmmm...wasn't Wizard the "General-trained" magic class of QFG and Magician / Sorcerer the "Specialized" categories? So wouldn't Shaper be a subset of the Wizard category?

OK, Stealth's gone. Only did that to coincide with his history anyway. We can say the Hero was too dazed to notice his clumsy attempts to follow.

-quest board in QFG2

If I ever feel too down or over-inflated, all I have to do is remember one of two things: to the right of me, in some dimension, I am a king; to the left of me, in another dimension, I am a hanged man.
-ME!
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 25, 2005, 08:13:05 AM »

Either that, or your character trailed him with teleport.

Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 25, 2005, 08:28:11 AM »

Yeah, that works, too.

So, when's next game? Friday at 8, was it?

-quest board in QFG2

-ME!
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 25, 2005, 08:43:49 AM »

For me, it's always been Saturday morning, 10am, GMT +8, so it'll definitely be a Friday night for you but whether it's at 8pm or not would depend on your time zone. What I'll do is to make an announcement in the forums 1/2 hr before it begins.

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 25, 2005, 03:25:58 PM »

...Wizard, Mage, same thing. I always considered Mage/Magic User to be what you are before WIT pronounces you a Wizard. Since my guy chose to, instead of furthering his knowledge along the more conventional path, he devoted himself to controlling a single element. Hmm..this sounds pretty cool..I think I might write up a little sidestory about this.

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #868 on: May 25, 2005, 08:03:34 PM »

If you were following someone with magic, and the other guy knew enough about magic, couldn't they track you by the spells that you cast?

c/dos
c/dos/run
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 26, 2005, 01:58:13 AM »

Hey guys, I need a favour. I don't think I can get this transcript edited for posting in time. Could one of you edit and post it for me? Thanks.

Btw, to download the file, use the visitors.hero6.com url instead of the hero6.com/visitors url.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 04:02:58 PM by Swift » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: