Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Role Playing Stories (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  RPS discussion topic
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RPS discussion topic  (Read 89324 times)
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2005, 01:29:37 PM »

Nice profile, LB. I'll post mine later.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 09:08:58 AM by Swift » Logged

Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 12:58:00 AM »

Updateafied mine! Cheesy  

Jarada Knight: The Honorable Marshmallow
Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 04:18:13 AM »

*(Following the Blizzard definition of a Banshee, which is a female Undead Elf)

I think the term banshee generally refers to a tortured  spirit with a keening voice that drives men mad.not far off from the warcraft version.

c/dos
c/dos/run
Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 04:24:33 AM »

But generic Banshees aren't always female undead elves, are they?  

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 05:52:12 AM »

True. They're just female evil thingys.

Lord_Bierhoff
Superhero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2005, 04:20:41 PM »

eh, what's Tomi doing popping up?

Banshee's are harolds of death from Irish mythology.  They traditionally were old ladies who screached really loudy (think Peter Jackson's Nazgul but worse).  If you heard one it meant you would die really soon.  They didn't kill anybody, but somebody (probably D&D) thought it would be fun to add them to a monsters list, so now we have a type of monster orginally was a none agressive type of creature.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 04:25:44 PM by Lord_Bierhoff » Logged

censeo Carthaginem esse dalendam[/size]
Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2005, 04:29:06 PM »

eh, what's Tomi doing popping up?
Didn't you hear? Jafar and Tomi quested together for a while when he saved Neverwinter. He gave Tomi the boot for Linu though. Tongue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(2nd post)

Nice job, Swift. Cheesy
Brings back memories of that prequel... How they first met. (Un?)Fortunately, some of the meaner comments about each other weren't heard by the other. Tongue

Tomi: Ya hear that, Jafar! I'll be back! I'll show that clumsy elf cleric what halflings are made of!
Still mad about that? I needed a change, and you were getting old. Besides, Linu was cute. laugh
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 09:10:12 AM by Swift » Logged

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 03:28:55 AM »

(To Brainiac)

Two things...

First, we have yet to decide whether Devon will be a Paladin in this RPS world, king of Silmaria or even married for that matter, so you might want to change that part of your profile if everyone decides that he should be a Thief, for instance.

Second, you have waaaaay too many abilities for a Paladin/Wizard/Thief. Please cut down on the number of spells and skills you have as multiclass characters cannot be that powerful. Even I have less spells then you do currently, and I'm a pure mage.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 03:37:38 AM by Swift » Logged

Lord_Bierhoff
Superhero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 03:31:38 AM »

Durindana?  I'm sure there were swords before Hector got his Wink
you forgot to meantion that Rogar secretly wants to be a healer Tongue and dislikes Delor making pyres for the semi-died.

censeo Carthaginem esse dalendam[/size]
Brainiac
Banned
Initiate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 03:41:13 AM »

First, we have yet to decide whether Devon will be a Paladin in this RPS world, king of Silmaria or even married for that matter, so you might want to change that part of your profile if everyone decides that he should be a Thief, for instance.

Second, you have waaaaay too many abilities for a Paladin/Wizard/Thief. Please cut down on the number of spells and skills you have as mutliclass characters cannot be that powerful. Even I have less spells then you do currently, and I'm a pure mage.
1. I didn't say he was the king (best choice for a Paladin is not to be, anyway) and since you referenced the Silmaria RPS, I figured it would be safe to reference the Mordavia RPS (where Devon was a Paladin and was married to Erana).

2.  I did try to avoid using the high-power spells and stuck with low-level attacks, defensive, and general abilities.  Besides, his mana stinks. Cheesy Still, if you insist, I'll cut back on the Magic (but not the Paladin Abilities, please; my plans for him require a "full" Paladin), though I'll be sure to keep in everything he used/suggested using in the first session.

Durindana? I'm sure there were swords before Hector got his wink.gif
you forgot to meantion that Rogar secretly wants to be a healer tongue.gif and dislikes Delor making pyres for the semi-died.

Actually, I think his name was Orlando/Roland. Wink
As to the Healer thing, Paladins are supposed to help however they can.
And pyromaniacs just get on his nerves. Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 03:56:08 AM by Brainiac » Logged

There is balance in all things. Live in symmetry with the world around you. If you must blow things up and steal from those around you, THAT'S WHAT RPGS ARE FOR!
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 03:48:36 AM »

1. I didn't say he was the king (best choice for a Paladin is not to be, anyway) and since you referenced the Silmaria RPS, I figured it would be safe to reference the Mordavia RPS (where Devon was a Paladin and was married to Erana).
Actually, that wasn't a reference to the Silmaria RPS at all. I decided not to use the history you wrote for my character and used my own. She's not a half-elf, her father isn't a dark elf, both parents are dead, and she doesn't even have a hatred for all elves.

And I know you didn't say that Devon is the king. It's just to point out that nothing's been set in stone for this RPS world yet so I'd advise you to use a different NPC to teach him all that.

[edit] And she might not even *be* Erana's sucessor. I left that part open in case I want to develop on that idea later.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 03:53:21 AM by Swift » Logged

Brainiac
Banned
Initiate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005, 03:54:09 AM »

Ah, my mistake; it sounded so similar...

...anyways, I'll deal with it tomorrow.

There is balance in all things. Live in symmetry with the world around you. If you must blow things up and steal from those around you, THAT'S WHAT RPGS ARE FOR!
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2005, 05:02:52 AM »

Khaveen? As in Khaveen the Captain of the Evil Guards of Rasier, as in Khaveen, steal the blackbird from Khaveen? As in "I want to kill you" Khaveen? As in "You slapped me" Khaveen? As in the Khaveen I drove my sword into?

Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2005, 05:03:58 AM »

Khaveen, (No relation to the Raseir one)

Kailkay
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2005, 05:06:22 AM »

No. Not that Khaveen. You want to put your sword in this Khaveen, you probably want to kill him, he may have slapped you in the past, and hey, you can 'steal his blackbird' all you want... Whatever floats your boat.

But he isn't the evil leader of the guards of Rasier.

Doubtless: the end.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: