Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Game Development
| | |-+  Future Hero6 Projects (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | | |-+  Monsters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Monsters  (Read 21961 times)
Pwincess
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2005, 05:34:24 AM »

I actually live on a pineapple farm  cheesy  
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2005, 08:13:56 AM »

Then one day you was huntin' for some food, and out from the ground came a bubblin' crude!  

Pwincess
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2005, 10:40:06 AM »

bubblin' crude?  
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2005, 12:18:37 PM »

I actually live on a pineapple farm  cheesy
I could just see it now! Have a character in the game that owns a Monster Pineapple Farm! Maybe that farmer could challenge the Hero to kill all the Pineapple demons and the Pineapple King, then offer the dead Pineapple King as proof that he's succeeded in the task in order to receive a reward! Tongue (Yes, I got the idea from playing with Pwincess in NWN's Nordock)  

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2005, 07:50:15 PM »

Crude! Oil, that is.

Pwincess
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2005, 08:26:25 PM »

LOL!  Swift, I absolutely love that idea, and I believe it's completely unique.  Players will have no idea what hit them  cheesy

Speaking of which, will the Pineapple demons and Pineapple king be armed with baby pineapples or pancakes?  
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2005, 09:04:53 PM »

No, they'd be armed with dreaded Pine Cones.

Lord_Bierhoff
Superhero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2005, 03:00:50 PM »

lol, I'm loving that idea guys.

I was bumming around mythica and found this guy and thought he sounded like a cool quest monster.

Djien
A monster spider the size of a man whose is heart is buried in the ground causing it to survive the most critical attacks. Slain by Othegwenhda, Flint, when a tree limb is stabbed into the earth to pierce Djien's heart.

and here's a few neat random encounters

Fire Dogs
Small with pointed ears, they are always seen or encountered in mated pairs traversing North and South paths, never easterly-westerly. They are seen most frequently at the headwaters of streams and creeks.

Stonecoats
Stonecoats [Seneca] and Witiko are North Eastern Woodland cannibals.

Sta-au
In Blackfoot myth, the ghosts of wicked people. Usually, the deceased live in a certain range of hills, but malignant spirts loiter near encampments. They cause harm to the living, especially after sunset.

Ulala
A mythical man-eating ogress in the tales of the Haida.

Wendigo
The Wendigo is a monster who comes from the coldest place. He is composed of mud and ice. A cannibal, he will devour anything in his path, including another Wendigo. His mouth is lined with jagged teeth and he is magic, able to change form at will. One warrior defeated a Wendigo by changing himself into a giant dog.

(In the northern part of Canada missing persons have been considered victims of the Wendigo and have been reported so in newspapers. There is also a psychological condition peculiar to the Algonquin people called "Wendigo Psycholsis" in which the victim begins to crave human flesh. This condition has been used in courts of law as part of the defense of a person )

Wishpoosh
The beaver monster who drowned fishermen. From his body, Coyote made the Native Americans of the Northwest Coast.

Yeitso
A fearsome man-eating giant in Navajo myth. He is one of the monstrous anaye

Delgeth
a flesh-eating antilope. [also one of the anaye]

« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 03:16:35 PM by Lord_Bierhoff » Logged

censeo Carthaginem esse dalendam[/size]
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2005, 03:20:26 PM »

Cool research, LB. That Djien sounds like he could make a cool quest monster. Which area and setting is it likely to be found in?

Lord_Bierhoff
Superhero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2005, 04:54:44 PM »

probably a coniferous forest

censeo Carthaginem esse dalendam[/size]
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2005, 05:14:47 PM »

Lots of man-eaters! Oh, boy!

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2005, 04:48:51 PM »

What do you guys think of having a Pontianak as a monster for Hero7?

Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2005, 05:58:42 PM »

Great idea for a quest monster:

Have the Pontianak appear as an "unbeatable" monster. You can beat it, but you don't get full points (think of the Spieldburg Ambush canyon in HQ1. There is a better way...). Then have a nail-like object (stake, railroad spike, empty quill pen...) somewhere and a reference to Pontianaks in a book somewhere. They can use the Pontianak to change the monster into a woman, and then proceed. Paladins could save her (duh), and wizards could learn magic from her. Fighters could even fight her for practice afterward. Thieves...don't know. Ideas?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 06:01:20 PM by Paladin0707077 » Logged

The Paladin: To seek, To learn, To do.
-quest board in QFG2

If I ever feel too down or over-inflated, all I have to do is remember one of two things: to the right of me, in some dimension, I am a king; to the left of me, in another dimension, I am a hanged man.
-ME!
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2005, 08:39:36 PM »

Thieves could hit on her.

Pwincess
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2005, 11:31:10 PM »

Could we have a monster similar to the cat featured in the old lady's house (HQ/QFG1) or to Puss in Boots (Shrek II)?  It would be amusing to meet an innocent puddy-tat which is a hero slayer  :winktongue:  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: