Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Game Development
| | |-+  Project Networking (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | | |-+  Indie adventure announcement: A Tale of Two Kingdo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Indie adventure announcement: A Tale of Two Kingdo  (Read 10684 times)
Radiant
Initiate

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2006, 11:15:08 PM »

The ancient kingdom of Theylinn is beset by enemies both from within and without. Within the castle walls, nobles vie for the old King's favor, and not everybody is happy with the sole heir to the throne, princess Rhiannon.
Meanwhile, danger approaches, in the form of an invading army, a hostile giant, and a mercenary troop who are ancient enemies of the Theylann king.
And there is mystery yet. For hidden within the borders of Theylinn lies a second kingdom, named Thierna na Oge, where the faeries reign. Little is known about this shrouded, exotic realm.

A Tale of Two Kingdoms is a full-length graphical adventure with a mood of fairy tales, magic, and intrigue, written with AGS, the Adventure Game Studio, by a team of dedicated adventure game fans. We cannot officially guarantee a release date, but it should be soon and will definitely be this year.

We have a website, and you can download our trailer here. This is a 14-meg WMV movie of our intro sequence, with lovely graphics and stunning music. I encourage everybody to take a look at it!

Finally, we are holding auditions for voice actors. Interested parties are welcome to drop by.

lazygamer
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 02:17:05 AM »

Woohoo! Sure is good to know you guys are making progress. It's a shame you went so long without updating your website though.

Q: When will it be released?
A: When it is done.

-Lazygamer on fangame cliches
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 04:55:41 AM »

You say 'Nearing Completion'. What does that mean? You're not gold yet, obviously. Do you have an ETA? A deadline, perhaps?

Fizzii
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 08:57:29 AM »

You say 'Nearing Completion'. What does that mean? You're not gold yet, obviously. Do you have an ETA? A deadline, perhaps?

Well, it means that the game is mostly done Tongue. All background art and music has been completed, most of the sprite art, and a lot of programming, to be more specific.

We don't have deadlines, because it's hard to estimate when exactly we'll be finished, even though we intend to have it done asap (and bug free). Though it is possible to estimate by looking at rate of current progress and extrapolate to a certain date of completion, things like real life sometimes gets in the way. Which, hopefully, won't happen at any time soon.

The project definitely won't be dying though Smiley Too much has already been done to drop it.

(And download the trailer if you haven't already! If only for the music)
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 09:04:27 PM »

You say that at the current rate you could extrapolate the estimated time the game will be released. Please, do so, it'll at least give us a 'Around this time' time.

nikolas
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 10:28:17 PM »

A date is really difficult to give, as all of us are doing this in our free time. You can never know what will come in the future.

I think though that more than 90% of every aspect of the game is complete.

If you are to wait a little longer, is for the game to get better.
Fizzii
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 01:50:39 AM »

You say that at the current rate you could extrapolate the estimated time the game will be released. Please, do so, it'll at least give us a 'Around this time' time.

Sorry, working out a date would be a headache for me Tongue

The reason why we won't give an approximate date is in the event that if we do go over that date, people would be seriously disappointed. So it will be done when it is done.

As Nikolas said, if you wait a bit longer... rest assured though, it will be released before 2014  angel  
lazygamer
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 02:55:36 AM »

Unexpected things sure can happen! KQ9 would of had it's first part released by december, then bam! Disaster strikes.

Anyone here remember Destiny? (Destiny) That project seemed to be doing great a couple years back, the first half of the game was nearing completion then all progress grinds to a halt and not a peep is heard again.

So fear the unexpected! Even ATOK could run into trouble if it's members have RL issues and replacements can't be found. Let's hope that doesn't happen. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 03:00:47 AM by lazygamer » Logged

Radiant
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 02:01:49 PM »

If memory serves me right, Destiny had about two artists and over a dozen plotwriters. For ATOTK, it's more like the other way around Smiley  (which, needless to say, is somewhat more workable)

Our official date? Try the month of Smarch.

lazygamer
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 03:46:54 AM »

Lol! Indeed a swarm of artists is better than a swarm of writers.  I disagree with you about Destiny, checking the member roster for Destiny I see 9 artists and 3 plot members. So even having a swarm of artists can't gurantee survival. Smiley

But I'm being too hard on you, it's pretty rare for a project to come along and say they're very close to release. If I can still have faith in Hero6 after all these years, there is no reason I can't have faith in ATOK. cheesy  

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2006, 09:23:28 AM »

The month of Smarch is awfully similar to March. Though I doubt you'll be able to crank it out in less than a fortnight.

Fizzii
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2006, 09:31:06 AM »

The month of Smarch doesn't exist!  devil

(I never agreed to any date though! So Smarch it is!)  
Radiant
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2006, 01:23:12 PM »

The month of Smarch is awfully similar to March. Though I doubt you'll be able to crank it out in less than a fortnight.
Okay, someone here is unfamiliar with inside jokes Smiley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smarch

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2006, 07:41:42 PM »

I never click on anything Wikipedia.

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2006, 08:59:47 PM »

I don't watch the Simpsons religiously. There are better things to do. The nuclear silo in my chimney won't buld itself, you know.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: