Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Offtopic Mayhem (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  Random Game Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Random Game Discussion  (Read 4901 times)
Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2005, 02:05:28 AM »

Actually, Sierra makes nothing. Sierra has been closed down permanently. All offices are gone, all employees laid off. The only thing left is what they made before they closed, and nobody at Vavindi is touching it, so...they dead.

The story's here:

http://www.allowe.com/Larry/MCL.htm

May those who worked diligently to bring us bliss and joy in the gaming world be forever remembered as the geniouses they are.

The Paladin: To seek, To learn, To do.
-quest board in QFG2

If I ever feel too down or over-inflated, all I have to do is remember one of two things: to the right of me, in some dimension, I am a king; to the left of me, in another dimension, I am a hanged man.
-ME!
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 02:26:53 AM »

You know, it would be interesting if Bethesda picked up QFG.

Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 02:49:22 AM »

Or BioWare, while we're at it...

Oh wait...it would suck...because then the Team here would have wasted their efforts on nothing.

-quest board in QFG2

If I ever feel too down or over-inflated, all I have to do is remember one of two things: to the right of me, in some dimension, I am a king; to the left of me, in another dimension, I am a hanged man.
-ME!
Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 10:40:21 AM »

Don't bother Bethesda! I want to see Oblivion and Fallout 3. Tongue

As for Bio-ware...yes, it could work, but then we'll have 20 classes to pick from and hundreds of feats... Shocked

Come on...this is more of an adventure than an RPG...No one would do adventure games for money...it's sad, but it's the truth. Kids these days want violence, sex, state of the art graphics and look at us like we're insane when we play 256 color quests. huh  

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 10:22:47 PM »

Actually, Broken Sword has proven that it can be done...

And besides that, I feel that Adventure Games may inevitably come back...

-quest board in QFG2

-ME!
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 10:45:36 PM »

Let's face it, people these days are STUPID. They don't have the brains or the patience to solve a puzzle, so they go and shoot stuff. Sure, there are exceptions, but not many of them.

Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 11:11:38 PM »

Actually, it's exactly the same. It's just that more people are interested and able to play video games then before. The same people who liked the adventure games are still here, they're just crowded out by the people who like shoot-'em ups.

-quest board in QFG2

-ME!
KingWarman8
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 12:02:56 AM »

Hi,

What is wrong with guns and good graphcis and sex  in games?? that is the new age now. QFG and Hero 6, Dragion Warrior, etc..., may not be the style now, but it doesn't mean no one lieks Adventure Games! One and probably only thing is,Corsair, you kill people with guns, unlike in QFG for example, you kill them with swords, get it?? I play game where you gotta blow people up,  but I prefer Adventure Games like King's Quest,Hero 6,QFG over them any damn day if I had too. their might be 1,000,000-2,000,000 adventure people here, but say, their might be 50,000,000 shooter people here. adventure people are still around,but are push off to the side.

King

Warman8
Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 12:18:59 AM »

What I basically said.

And Adventure Games will return. I believe they will be necissary in the next step of gaming.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 12:19:25 AM by Paladin0707077 » Logged

-quest board in QFG2

-ME!
KingWarman8
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 01:55:29 AM »

hi,

I post things in my way to make it sound better.lol. just joking. but yeah, they will return, but not now. mabye in 5 years or so they will, might not be now, but they will later.
lazygamer
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005, 03:49:43 AM »

I wonder if alot of these shooter fans would be interested in adventure games, but haven't had alot of exposure to them. Shooters have gotten more complex over the years, so shooter fans can't all be braindead.

Q: When will it be released?
A: When it is done.

-Lazygamer on fangame cliches
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 04:46:03 AM »

Adventure! Adventure! The King! THE KING!

Oh, yeah. RPGs can stay too.

Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 07:26:26 AM »

Well, the reason I said I think Adventure games will return is because, as I said, the next step of video game tech will need them: Virtual Reality.
Right now, it's just a toy or a novelty the tech people are working on. But some day (soon...?), it will become a viable commercial opportunity. And when that happens, game makers will suddenly have a whole new game media on their hands. What do they do with it? How will they code it, program it? What are its limits? Then, in order to get their feet wet and learn what they can, they'll turn to the simplest game form out there: adventure games and RPGs.
Think about it. Unlike all the other game forms, those two are the most scripted. The most linear. That's not a bad thing, since they ARE going for plot, but for the game developer, it makes their development easier, since they don't really have to worry about what happens if a user does this, this and this instead of what they intended.
VR, though, is no where near ready for any of that. The only advent I can see for Adventure games in the near future is with Voice Command, where you use your mic to tell the game what to do. In this case, of course, you'd use it to talk to characters in the game, and they talk back. I'd give that kind of tech 5, maybe 10 years to develop if they try, which they are.

-quest board in QFG2

-ME!
Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2005, 09:18:09 AM »

One and probably only thing is,Corsair, you kill people with guns, unlike in QFG for example, you kill them with swords, get it??
Yes, but there's a difference. Adventure games don't rely on that. I mean seriously. Can you compare QFG with Painkiller?

Killing stuff is one thing. Killing stuff in a violent manner and watching their intestines fly around while painting an entire wall with their blood is waaaaaaay different than slash/slash/thrust/parry/chop/kill.

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

KingWarman8
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2005, 01:47:32 PM »

hi,

NO... I can't. Painkiller isn't a advanture game. it's like a RPG/ First person shooter type game. new time periods. people who are 10-15 year old kids probably was born in 1985-1992 sometime, and was born with shooter games. alot of people ,like me, who was born in 1992, or other years like that, play both kinds of games,shooter and adventure cuz I had a brother who plays QFG , like I said before. but shooter games have missions too, don't think they don't. people aren't stupid, just adventures games are the lowest of the lowest, then comes RPG,shooter, etc.. I think adventures games will come back, I said that. but not now.. unless you can become a rival with become companies, which I doubt it.. Like I said for 2 or 3 times now, adventures games with be beack, give it some time guys..

KingWarman8
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: