Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Official Hero6 News (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  New PR Lead
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New PR Lead  (Read 19766 times)
deltamatrix
Global Moderator
Superhero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2007, 03:27:47 PM »

So have the old team members been deprecated?

Hero6 lead programmer, technical advisor, plot and art worker.
DVC
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2007, 04:31:23 PM »

No, not at all. The development side of things is just being restructured. Just bear with us while we get organised.  Smiley
theRedPress
Initiate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2007, 10:16:53 PM »

What do you mean about checking out CMS's? Which ones are you looking into? And...for the website altogether, or just for the dev to use privately or what?  I think it's interesting anyway, you should share these things and let the rest of us decide what's boring :p

What I've decided to do with my project, for instance, is just start a dev journal.  I feel that's a really good way to let people know how things are progressing, because they want to know...and it's easy to do.  My journal will probably be more extreme than is necessary, but that's ok. Smiley

Yes, don't be a recluse, chat and be active. Smiley It only takes a couple minutes to post a reply, if that.  And it's FUN!

tRP |::.
Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2007, 10:40:53 PM »

For some obscure reason I'd rather not dwell on, that last sentence made me chuckle.  Grin

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

lazygamer
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2007, 02:47:05 AM »

It's not that I'm really trying to cause trouble for you, Silverbolt, I'd never do such a thing.

Lazygamer, the last screenshot in that thread was 10 months ago.

Yes, but what I wanted to emphasize is that the team was quite far into alpha status 10 months ago. Smiley

Q: When will it be released?
A: When it is done.

-Lazygamer on fangame cliches
DVC
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2007, 03:00:18 PM »

What do you mean about checking out CMS's? Which ones are you looking into?

I don't know if one has been settled on (that's another department) but I know they were checking the pro's and con's of a whole heap including Nuke based stuff, Typo3, Xoops and on and on. PHProjekt and dotproject were under consideration for project management if I recall correctly.

Quote from: theRedPress
What I've decided to do with my project, for instance, is just start a dev journal.

That's a good idea, and in many ways the forums will be our developer journal to allow for discussion but we might have a separate page on the site with succinct, chronological updates for the various departments for folks who just want to do a hit and run and see what's happening rather than wade through dozens of forum posts.

Quote from: theRedPress
Yes, don't be a recluse, chat and be active. Smiley

To be honest I'm still getting over the feeling that I'm a bit of an interloper, given that some of you have been following the development of Hero6 for years and now I've just kind of popped up out of the blue in this role. Smiley I'll try not to disappoint anyone!
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2007, 04:46:14 AM »

Well, that's not a good sign. You were in Alpha 10 months ago? I sincerely hope you're in Beta stage now.

deltamatrix
Global Moderator
Superhero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2007, 11:29:41 AM »

We are not in beta stage. I'm not sure why alpha was declared upon Hero6 as the amount of serious bugs right to iron out right now is huge. I ain't played the internal demo in a while but i think quite a lot of the fundamental quests were implemented. But a lot of work is required on the feel-good factor. Much of the work is rough and will still need much work before Hero6 is ready for beta testing.

Hero6 lead programmer, technical advisor, plot and art worker.
Raito
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2007, 12:15:56 PM »

What do you mean about checking out CMS's? Which ones are you looking into?

I don't know if one has been settled on (that's another department) but I know they were checking the pro's and con's of a whole heap including Nuke based stuff, Typo3, Xoops and on and on. PHProjekt and dotproject were under consideration for project management if I recall correctly.

Being one of those who were busy researching and comparing out the different features of Wikis, CMSes, yes, we got pretty busy on that part. However, as of now, my role in researching about CMSes is done and I've since passed the baton to Servant who's likely found someone else to do the job. Though, I can confirm at least 10 to 20 CMSes must've been thrown out of that list as they didn't serve our needs.

To be honest I'm still getting over the feeling that I'm a bit of an interloper, given that some of you have been following the development of Hero6 for years and now I've just kind of popped up out of the blue in this role. Smiley I'll try not to disappoint anyone!

Awww, man... you'll make yourself comfy around us, I'm sure. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 12:19:56 PM by Raito » Logged
el.zmeev
Initiate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2011, 08:26:43 PM »

If we've been quiet it's because what we've been doing, while important, is frankly pretty boring from everyone else's perspective.

However our first official press release will be coming very soon and once we're off the mark I expect momentum will build quickly.

What? Really? What are you talking about?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: