Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Official Hero6 News (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  New PR Lead
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New PR Lead  (Read 19893 times)
theRedPress
Initiate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 09:57:56 AM »

If it's silent as the grave around here, it's not the PR team's fault (which is pointless in my opinion, maybe one guy would suffice).  If you (the team) keep updating, people will keep showing up.  I mean if you release a record in my industry and never do anything again (play shows, do interviews, release singles, big tours, etc), you're going to die off in a week's time.  You have to keep doing things to keep drawing in a crowd.  Update every three days for the next month and it won't be so quiet.

tRP |::.
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 06:21:34 PM »

Precisely. The last update to Hero6 was what, a year ago? I mean, the last piece of news we've had is your promotion, and what have you done since then? Jack squat. You haven't even posted. So much for Public Relations.

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 10:58:41 PM »

Try to keep your tone somewhere between mild and moderate, Corsair. Please. Hero6 is going through a lot of changes for the time being and that's the reason for the Creative Director not being active on the visitors forum. As for the absence of the newly appointed PR team...well, I won't try to justify it because it's not my area. However, recent developments have me confident that I'll be able to say something other than "Work is getting done. Seriously. Trust me." soon and offer proof as well.

For the time being, however,...work is getting done. Seriously.

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

lazygamer
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2007, 03:33:26 AM »

At least Hero6 is still trying to make it. Alot of other projects are long dead. Smiley

It's sad seeing your favorite projects die on you. Cry

Q: When will it be released?
A: When it is done.

-Lazygamer on fangame cliches
theRedPress
Initiate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2007, 05:36:19 PM »

That's true too.   At least someone is still carrying the torch, gotta be glad for that I suppose.

I announced my original adventure game really early, even before I had more than six or seven screens finished - but then since I decided I wasn't going to pursue it (instead pursue my prog-rock creations), I pulled everything before anyone got their hopes up.

recent developments have me confident

What recent developments might that be?

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2007, 06:47:39 PM »

It's been over six months since we had an update that was anything other than a management update. Even AGDI updates are better than that, and you get those once in a blue moon. I mean, good grief, release a screenshot or something.

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 12:32:54 PM »

recent developments have me confident

What recent developments might that be?

Now you see, THAT's where my predicament lies. I -know- what's going on, but I'm not qualified to answer to that. I'm a measly dialogue writer/editer that takes care of the visitors forums as well.

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2007, 07:05:23 PM »

Good grief, you've got a more or less operational Alpha, right? So take a couple screenshots and show us what you can do. I'm sure you can capture some fat mayor or something. I mean, for all the information we're getting, it looks like Hero6 is dead.

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2007, 08:45:22 PM »

Trust me, if it were that simple, I'd do it myself, but nothing reaches the fans unless the big people say so.

Yes, putting myself in the position of a fan, I'd draw the same conclusion that Hero6 is dead. However, as a team member I can confidently say that it's not.

theRedPress
Initiate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2007, 09:48:37 PM »

The big people should just post a little news stating "we're not dead. thanks." and call it good.  That'd be more than not saying anything at all.

lazygamer
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 03:05:04 AM »

Good grief, you've got a more or less operational Alpha, right? So take a couple screenshots and show us what you can do. I'm sure you can capture some fat mayor or something. I mean, for all the information we're getting, it looks like Hero6 is dead.

Look under http://visitors.hero6.com/forums/index.php?topic=665.0

Daemious released alpha version 14 in early January, complete with updated content from Art, Plot and Music as well as bug fixes. The demo looks fantastic. Don’t believe me? Ask Yuri or The Guy then. Both of them have been play-testing the demo, looking for bugs to compile in the demo report.

What I'm really curious about is whether the H6 team is close to in house beta testing, or if they are still a long ways off from it.

Q: When will it be released?
A: When it is done.

-Lazygamer on fangame cliches
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 04:31:19 AM »

Silverbolt, I don't envy your position, though I do admire that you're doing the best you can given the circumstances. All I can suggest is that you inform Servant of this topic because these people do have a right to know what's going on.

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2007, 05:28:49 AM »

It's not that I'm really trying to cause trouble for you, Silverbolt, I'd never do such a thing.

Lazygamer, the last screenshot in that thread was 10 months ago.

DVC
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2007, 05:39:19 AM »

Hey guys, sorry for being so quiet since I made my last post.

Actually we've been fairly busy behind the scenes. I've been pooling industry contacts and have compiled a list of gaming websites and opinion leaders for our press release distribution lists, some folks have been looking at new CMS and project management software, Servant has been recruiting, setting milestones and we've all been having team meetings online and keeping each other abreast of developments.

If we've been quiet it's because what we've been doing, while important, is frankly pretty boring from everyone else's perspective. Smiley

However our first official press release will be coming very soon and once we're off the mark I expect momentum will build quickly.

I won't deny that I've been remiss by not hanging around here as much as I should have and just chatting to everyone. I'll stop being such a recluse. Smiley
Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2007, 09:47:31 AM »

It's not that I'm really trying to cause trouble for you, Silverbolt, I'd never do such a thing.

I know you wouldn't. I have your MSN and I can link you to nightmares you never knew existed. cheesy

Thanks for the support, Swift.  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: