Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Role Playing Stories (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  RPS discussion topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RPS discussion topic  (Read 92612 times)
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: July 24, 2005, 04:44:08 AM »

Good means different things to different people. Some people might see killing an animal as evil, others see it as a fact of life. Some people may consider torture to be nothing wrong, others see it as horrible cruelty.

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 25, 2005, 05:09:58 PM »

A paladin wouldnt hesitate in killing an orc as an inquisitor would not hesistate in killing what they believe to be evil.
I disagree with that statement. A true paladin won't attack any creature (including orcs) unless they're hostile and cannot be calmed through any means.

Anyway, I'll let you play as the Inquisitor. I'm interested in seeing how he'll interact with the other players.

Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #947 on: July 26, 2005, 01:26:34 AM »

A paladin wouldnt hesitate in killing an orc as an inquisitor would not hesistate in killing what they believe to be evil.

Not really. As the QFG4 manual said, if a family of ogres move in the neighborhood, a paladin will probably be the first to welcome them. You'd be suprised at what gets invited to dinner at a paladin's place. : Cheeky wink  

Jarada Knight: The Honorable Marshmallow
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 26, 2005, 05:02:00 AM »

I'd be more concerned as to what would be invited to the Ogre's dinner...you'd be going in as the main course. Though, to be totally honest, he might SEE himself as Lawful Good, but in reality he's at least Lawful Neutral. He has good intentions, so he can't really be Lawful Evil.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 05:03:40 AM by Corsair5 » Logged

Inquisitor
Initiate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #949 on: August 01, 2005, 03:19:19 AM »

The way I expect him to react is to probably be dignified and traditional at first. Maybe a bit extremly conservative, but once he starts seeing another player or NPC that falls under his list of "heretics", it will be hard not to "try" to kill them there and then. Of course, If its outside of the main party, he wouldnt hesitate a second. Even if it was a garunteed death for him. What Im hoping to expand on is his more yearning for power, then his actual pursacutions. No worries though, there will be plenty of burnings. Its a wonder how easy it is to see someone as a heretic is you just look hard enough.  devil  

"Suffer not the heretic to live."
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 06, 2005, 01:31:17 AM »

RPS starting in 30 minutes time. Please make your way there.

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #951 on: August 08, 2005, 11:42:19 PM »

I thought that the difference between a paladin and an inquisitor is their objective. the paladin looks for the truth that is there, the inquisitor searches for the truth that he wants to hear, even if it isn't

c/dos
c/dos/run
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 09, 2005, 03:06:18 AM »

Good point, Iggy.

I'm wrapping up the NWN RP this week, and then I'm taking a very long break from DMing till December. I'm not sure who'll DM for the rest of August but LB and Striker will most likely run their Morrowind RP in September.

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 09, 2005, 03:41:16 AM »

Are you going to continue to RP at least? You're one of the three current characters for my little web of insanity.

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 09, 2005, 03:43:37 AM »

I'm afraid not. Much as I'd like to RP still, the whole point of a break is to spend time on schoolwork.

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 09, 2005, 06:56:17 AM »

Ah. A pity. Ah, well. I guess I'll have to dispose of her then..preferably in a non-lethal manner.

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 09, 2005, 08:00:39 AM »

Dispose of her? That's such a disgusting term to use on a PC. Just make an excuse that she went to look for Linwe.

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 09, 2005, 06:15:16 PM »

Meh, Morals, Schmorals. She'll take a right turn and end up in Tethyr rather than Amn, or maybe go south instead of north and find herself in Calimport.

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 13, 2005, 01:52:27 AM »

I can't run the rps today as I haven't recovered from the flu despite having rested for a few days. You can have a mini rps session in there, or just a general chat. I will be reading the transcripts so no fighting, ok?  

Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #959 on: August 13, 2005, 02:04:59 AM »

Get well soon!

Jarada Knight: The Honorable Marshmallow
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: