Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Role Playing Stories (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  RPS discussion topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RPS discussion topic  (Read 91891 times)
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: July 10, 2005, 04:02:29 AM »

Then Dmitri departs on his dangerous espionage mission into hostile territory, with blades in every shadow seeking his neck! Dun dun duuun!

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #931 on: July 10, 2005, 05:10:36 AM »

yeah, and I'm sure not all of them started out as enemies

c/dos
c/dos/run
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 10, 2005, 05:45:45 AM »

I hope I don't meat Duke Nightsorrow. Or Baron Frostblade. Those guys knew Dmitri from Paladin College.

Striker
Programming Team
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 10, 2005, 05:42:18 PM »

Sorry I decided to get really drunk at that time, guys!  I won't be next time. It was an expirement.  Only if Brass were on... *Sigh* I miss her so.
Wow... I'm surprised I was able to write that so legibly.  That must have been one of those times I was really, really concentrating.
Raforever
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #934 on: July 11, 2005, 08:27:12 PM »

So, how are the RPS?  cheesy

Depending on the time I might join in too :cheerygrin:  

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 12, 2005, 02:12:42 AM »

It's good, it's good.

Jigen
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 23, 2005, 01:16:18 AM »

They're... well intended. You can't fault the makers and they're actually really fun when everyone's playing well with each other.

Set a match alight, and a man will be warm for a minute.
Set a man on fire and he\'ll be warm the rest of his life.
Inquisitor
Initiate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #937 on: July 23, 2005, 04:37:56 AM »

Im new to this forum, but not RPing. How often do they set up RPs? The last time I RPed on a forum they poste donce every half a year or something like that.

"Suffer not the heretic to live."
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 23, 2005, 03:07:14 PM »

Inquisitor, we have one in the chatroom every Friday night. I've checked your character sheet so far, and I'm puzzled by your Lawful Good alignment. To me, torturing people or burning them at the stake doesn't strike me as a 'Good' thing to do. Your character seems more 'Lawful Neutral' to me at best, and 'Evil' at worst. Could you please explain why you classed your character as 'Lawful Good'?

Reish, your character sheet seems fine, abeit wordy. I'd preferred one where a quick glance would have given me the gist of what your character is, followed by a detailed description, but whatever floats your boat.

Btw, there is really no need to go /me |He says "Blah blah blah", and then does action x. You could have just typed out "Blah blah blah", followed by "/me does action x". It's a lot quicker that way for an rp chat.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 04:19:22 PM by Swift » Logged

Reish Vedaur
Plot Team
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #939 on: July 23, 2005, 04:50:16 PM »

The reason I do that is because I tend to play multiple characters, and I much prefer to use paragraph form.  It is a story, after all, and that is how I roleplay wherever I do my freeform, so I might as well write like that.  There's never any reason to skimp on the details if they can be there and not be superfluous.

Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #940 on: July 23, 2005, 05:26:09 PM »

I knew it was a odd habit! Tongue  

Jarada Knight: The Honorable Marshmallow
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 24, 2005, 01:55:39 AM »

I understood his guy. He's a religious zealot, a fanatic. The people he tortures and kills ARE strictly evil. He's a little messed up in the head, that's all.

Inquisitor
Initiate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #942 on: July 24, 2005, 03:09:03 AM »

I understood his guy. He's a religious zealot, a fanatic. The people he tortures and kills ARE strictly evil. He's a little messed up in the head, that's all.
Exactly! I, too, wasnt sure enough to put lawful good, but he fights evil, and might eventually turn neutral, due to him not being excaepted by his church, or even Evil, due to his dabbling in the dark arts.

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 24, 2005, 03:15:08 AM »

I don't think all witches or werecreatures are evil. Plus, he uses the dark arts and torture methods against his enemies. Does that make him any better than the prey he hunts? It just doesn't sound Lawful Good to me.

Inquisitor
Initiate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #944 on: July 24, 2005, 03:37:16 AM »

Thats the twist of the character. His church, for the better good, endorses and enforces the tarditional burning of witches and heretics. Good was never defined as loving all animals. A paladin wouldnt hesitate in killing an orc as an inquisitor would not hesistate in killing what they believe to be evil. Most cases, to catch the eye of a witch hunter or inquisitor you probably are evil. The only time you might be innocent is if you are a good natured necromancer, (which I play often), or someone he might see as a "witch".

As far as his dark powers goes, they were noble intentions at first. But the greed inside of him,(I never said he was innocent), wants more then just the power to fight his enemies. He wants more. But he wouldnt sacrafice an innocence.....yet. He may very well become neutral, if his church finds out. Or even evil of the greed gets the better part of him. Has very lawful, and as oppose to intentions, he is good. How would a druid react to an innocent lumber jack chopping down excessive trees? The lumber jack isnt evil. The witch hunter reacts to what he sees as the "sinners". Note the quotations. Thus we have drama and conflict for me to roleplay. If its too much I can always play a nicer one. It just wont be as original.

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: