Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Discussion (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  is it still cookin???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: is it still cookin???  (Read 4618 times)
tombom
Initiate

King's Quest 8 is my 2nd life

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2009, 02:25:32 AM »

Is the project still going on?  The forums are inactive, and I don't see any updates, I want the game!  One offtopic thing too, what engine are you using, AGS, or what?

bats=bugs
Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 03:29:54 AM »

So far as I'm aware, it's still going on. I trust these people have come far enough that if it becomes impossible, they'll post a postmortem and then close the site after a week or two.

And who says the forum's dead?? I'm still here!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 03:38:05 AM by Paladin0707077 » Logged

The Paladin: To seek, To learn, To do.
-quest board in QFG2

If I ever feel too down or over-inflated, all I have to do is remember one of two things: to the right of me, in some dimension, I am a king; to the left of me, in another dimension, I am a hanged man.
-ME!
tombom
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 04:34:47 PM »

Good to know, It's just that when I joined, I saw no posts since december 15th I think.

bats=bugs
Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 02:58:22 PM »

Yeah, unfortunately, it seems I'm the only one who posts here anymore. Which sucks, but that's the way it is.

Hey, Hero6 team: how're things going in there? *bangs on door*

-quest board in QFG2

If I ever feel too down or over-inflated, all I have to do is remember one of two things: to the right of me, in some dimension, I am a king; to the left of me, in another dimension, I am a hanged man.
-ME!
tombom
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 12:52:12 PM »

LOL yeah, I'd post here, but I can't find that much time for it, especially if your the only other one who posts Wink

bats=bugs
Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 01:17:01 AM »

Believe me, I understand. Every once in a blue moon, one of the old major posters gets on (out of pity for me and - I suspect - some sense of nostalgia) and posts a reply, but otherwise, it's just me.

I mostly want them to come back on, but a small part of me just wants the programmers/developers to at least post a notice saying whether the game will ever come out or not. After all it's been through, if it MUST end, I'd like it to be a clean end, not just a complete fizzle and drift like it seems like it's doing now.

Of course, I could be wrong, and it COULD just be that the programmers, artists, musicians, designers, etc, are just keeping completely quiet about everything now...

-quest board in QFG2

-ME!
Dragon_Rider
Squire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 07:46:51 AM »

I certainly hope they continue...

I remember seeing this project back when I was in high school, and here I am finishing up at a university.
 Cry

Some word at least would be nice, I still check in now and then; but the way things are going...

Many pieces of cakecakecakecake to the one who delivers us the finished game!

Mmmmm... pumpkin pie...
and Dragon-roasted pumpkin seeds...
Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 12:05:53 AM »

OK, I know that I've said before that "too much showing off stuff is a bad thing", but the opposite is also true: we'd like at least a little bit of evidence that there's work being done.

Maybe not a demo or anything, but just an official post from the developers would be nice.

-quest board in QFG2

-ME!
Ovulator
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 08:35:29 AM »

I'm surprised anyone still bothers to pay the bills for this site. This project has been going on for over a decade now, any time it takes a step forward it takes two steps back, it's done for.
Ovulator
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 08:43:30 AM »

so a simple whois for the site says that it's registration will expire in july of 09, i figure that will be the end of hero 6. the site says it hasn't been updated since march of 07.
Kaibuk2002
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 06:22:53 PM »

im sorry to hear that this may be the end of 10 years of work i only recently found this site and was initially excited... 10 years of work into a fan based game is an amazing accomplishment in itself and the early concept art looks great.  its just too bad that there is a possibility that this work might just go into the trash bin.
Naboo
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 03:15:11 AM »

Hey everybody, I thought I better join these forums just to let the developers know that there is still support for the project. I've been looking on this website for many years and hope it all starts up again.

I think the original QFG series affected everybody who played them in ways that no other game has since.

So come on people.There are thousands of us you believe in you and that you can do this! Come on! You can do it!

And Mr Paladin, don't feel alone, I'm here too.

Naboo

OK, I know that I've said before that "too much showing off stuff is a bad thing", but the opposite is also true: we'd like at least a little bit of evidence that there's work being done.

Maybe not a demo or anything, but just an official post from the developers would be nice.
Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 07:49:30 AM »

Good to finally hear that I'm not the only one left on here.

Well...who is the site registered to?

-quest board in QFG2

-ME!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: