Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Role Playing Stories (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  Falworth's Saviors: Plot, Characters, and Discussion!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Falworth's Saviors: Plot, Characters, and Discussion!  (Read 7157 times)
zeldafreak
Programming Team
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 03:30:07 AM »

Don't worry; I'm sure someone will be willing to kill you off if your inactive... Grin

EDIT: This is a forum RP, not a chat RP right?

EDIT2:

Name: Ardor

Species: Human

Class: Thief with very small magical abilities.

Equipment: One fighting dagger and three throwing daggers, along with a rope with grapnel. Being a thief, he knows better than to carry a purse, and so as far as anyone else knows, he has no money on him. By day he wears the clothing of those with wealth and power. Now, however, he is wearing traveling clothes with a light leather armor.

Personality: Ardor is the kind of person who would rather keep to himself. Like many in these hard times, Ardor has a good heart, but tries to hide it from others, seeing it as a weakness he wishes to keep unknown. Overall his outer personality seems friendly and personable, but underneath he sees himself as superior to the wealthy men and women all around him, and has a bitterness toward him stemming from the mistreatment from their kind he received as a child. He is arrogant and cocky since he has not met a match for his skills in his small town. Ardor remembers the struggles of his childhood and has sympathy on orphans or other defenseless persons.

Appearance: Ardor has a fit body, but I would not go so far as to say that he’s muscular. He tries to keep his build light but toned, since he has no need of brute strength, opting to surpass obstacles rather than go through them. His face is pleasant and attractive when he wants it to be, but the rest of the time he is impassive and stoic.

History:
Not much is known of Ardor’s childhood, but we do know that he spent much of it alone. His parents were nearly absent from his life, but no one knows if they were drunkards, dead, or simply rejected him. At as young as four years old, he was wandering from village to village living off of whatever house from which he could gain sympathy, but as he grew older people’s sympathy waned. Some gave him honest work, but most backed out of their promises of money, food, or shelter and threw him back onto the streets, tired, week, and penniless. In a moment of desperation and deprivation, he stole a very small amount of bread and meat; just enough to survive. He continued his wandering from village to village, his marks for theft and burglary escalating every time.

To keep this short, I will neglect explaining how he obtained his skills in lock picking and acrobatics, and suffice it to say that he collected enough wealth over the course of years that he settled in Gaul, buying a small but expensive house and collecting apparel befitting kings.

Ardor never explains his background to anyone. Many assume that he is the illegitimate son of a wealthy man, while some believe he could even be a prince. Ardor, quite the fan of irony, is especially appreciative of this conjecture and fame. By day he could be prince of the whole kingdom. By night, however, he is one of the most skilled thieves of the area, even at his young age. Or should I say, the only thief in the area. Though Ardor is very talented at his craft, he has never been truly tested. Could his arrogance be misplaced?

OOC: If you have a problem with my character let me know. He's gone through a couple of revisions; the first he was a wealthy merchant by day, owning a shop or two, hehe. I think this character is much closer to what you're looking for.

Anyway, since my character isn't quite as heroic as most of yours, I was thinking about some kind of reluctant hero thing going on, like his caravan being attacked while passing by the Golden Rose, and he tries to recruit help from the adventurers inside to retrieve his possessions or something. Let me know what you all think.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 04:36:10 PM by zeldafreak » Logged
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 07:20:00 PM »

Sure. The character looks fine to me. Welcome to City 17. It's safer here.

Guy, since we're doing a Forum-Based RP for now, computer issues won't be as much of a problem. In any case, if you have issues, I know of means to keep your character alive and active even if you're unable to post for several days. I do not anticipate this RP moving at any great pace anyway.

I'll give Guy a few days to decide and make his character. We'll start this on Wednesday, assuming I have no objections.

zeldafreak
Programming Team
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 01:29:52 AM »

No objection, however it is possible that I won't be able to post on Wednesday. Usually I am, though.
Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 03:06:50 AM »

okay, here's my other character, assuming that no one minds my having two. (I kind of imagined them at the same time, as a matched set)

Name: Valerian Quinthry; aka Arjumand “Mandy” Waybreze
Species: Human
Class: Thief
Equipment: standard lock pick, short sword

Personality: a strange and mercurial character, Mandy generally seems jovial and carefree – almost thoughtless – until a situation arises that requires another persona. He is highly protective of his ‘adopted sister’ Jack, becoming abrasive or even outright hostile towards anyone who seems to be bothering her. Tends to rely primarily on charm to deal with dangerous situations,

Appearance: on the upper end of average height, one head taller than Jack. Hair is brown, just past shoulder-length, and usually worn in a braid. Fairly well muscled, in a dense rather than bulky way. Wears functional clothing of moderate quality.

History: mandy refuses to discuss his past prior to his involvement with the Forthright Theater troup, which was travelling with Jack's trading caravan when it was attacked. however, the Forthright's unofficial relationship with the Quinthry trading family makes one wonder...

c/dos
c/dos/run
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2008, 05:58:54 PM »

Shouldn't be a problem.

The Guy
Pr Team
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2008, 09:44:18 PM »

I've no idea how this would work out, for I go to my cousins just about every other week usually on Wednesday or Thursday until Sunday.

Edit: It looks like I am going to my cousins this upcoming Wednesday, so I guess I will not be partaking in this RP. Sorry if this may have caused any delay.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 08:30:52 PM by The Guy » Logged

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2008, 03:43:22 AM »

At the rate this forum moves at, it may not be a problem, actually. You may still be able to get into this anyway.

zeldafreak
Programming Team
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 12:08:45 PM »

Today is the day!.. *puts on mood music*

Cheesy

10PM Edit: Or not...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 01:56:50 AM by zeldafreak » Logged
zeldafreak
Programming Team
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2008, 02:43:49 AM »

What the heck, guys. It's been a week. Where'd you all go?
Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2008, 04:09:47 AM »

to the realm of Deep Thought - we'd never been there before, and we got rather lost.

seriously though, i'm trying to figure out the best way to introduce my pair of characters. how do I justify placing my generally noncombatant characters into a hostile environment for my first post?

c/dos
c/dos/run
zeldafreak
Programming Team
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2008, 01:33:41 AM »

I dunno... just come up with something lame like I did Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: