Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Role Playing Stories (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  RPS discussion topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RPS discussion topic  (Read 116567 times)
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: February 06, 2005, 09:33:56 PM »

And your invincible Shape-Shifting? I SLICED your tail off, and you were just fine!

Also, it says in your profile LIMITED Shapeshifting. You weren't limiting it at all. So don't give me this crap about how I was godmoding. Would it have been better if it had been "Jafar slices at Kadis. Kadis drops dead."? Kthxbi.

Striker
Programming Team
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 06, 2005, 09:50:30 PM »

Invincible?  Have I done anything that made me invincible?  You were slowed... the most you could have done was bruise the scaled tail, not slice it off.

Yes, the shifting is limited.  If it wasn't, I could just shift into Avoozl and squish your sorry ass.

You might want to think your retorts through a bit more before you jump to an "end-all" AOLer catchphrase. Wink
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 09:57:36 PM by Striker » Logged
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 06, 2005, 10:29:09 PM »

...Slowed. Not snailed. Slowed. It doesn't negate the forces of gravity, either. Also, the sword is this thing called SHARP. My guy isn't giving little fish-nudges, my exaggerating friend.

Also, you just have to shapeshift to heal all hurts and ignore all past wounds. Easy as cake.

Slow - Slows a target enemy's attack rate and movement speed.

See? Nothing about attack strength. Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 10:32:25 PM by Corsair5 » Logged

Striker
Programming Team
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 06, 2005, 10:44:00 PM »

Hmm... since we don't exactly know how "slowed" Kadis was, whether Grit was bruised or slightly cut is a moot point.

However, Kadis certainly didn't have the power to slice off an armored tail either, as you so implied.  Heck, it's actually extremely difficult (if almost impossible) to slice off an exposed human limb with a standard medieval fighting sword in one stroke, let alone a scaled beast's while moving at a slower than normal.

And yes, shapeshift to a southern QFG troll and your wounds will regenerate, but as with any shape, Grit gains all it's inheriant strengths and weaknesses.  Don't play all-overpowering, just play smarter.

About your edit and the slow thing... the amount of force behind an attack that was delivered in at speeds far less than normal would be far less than at faster speeds.  Based on the laws of physics, lessened damage is implied.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 10:54:51 PM by Striker » Logged
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 06, 2005, 11:26:12 PM »

You refer to laws of physics when we have guys shooting fireballs out of their hands?

And how do we know QfG Trolls have the same physiology as AD&D Trolls? They certainly don't LOOK like AD&D trolls. LotR trolls don't regenerate, you'll notice.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 11:26:53 PM by Corsair5 » Logged

Striker
Programming Team
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 06, 2005, 11:31:05 PM »

Physics apply to actions that occur in real life.  You need a basis of real world physics so everyone has a point of reference.  This is especially important to sword and shield style combat.  It's a pretty simple concept.

Again, read the QFG1 manual for information on the QFG Southern Troll.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 11:36:38 PM by Striker » Logged
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 07, 2005, 12:16:58 AM »

Oh, yes, QfG1 manuals. Those things are like priceless ming vases, man. Rare as anything.

Striker
Programming Team
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 07, 2005, 01:11:04 AM »

Here ya go, dude.  Good reads Smiley
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 07, 2005, 03:39:13 AM »

Thanks a bajillion!

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 07, 2005, 04:38:23 AM »

...Slowed. Not snailed. Slowed.
Funny that you should mention that. Your character didn't appear at all slowed down after that spell  was cast on him. In fact, he appeared to be moving at exactly the same speed as before. Like I said earlier, you need to react to what's thrown at you.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 04:38:50 AM by Swift » Logged

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 07, 2005, 04:48:27 AM »

...Alright, you've made your point. But dear god, I wasn't the only one who was overpowered in that fight. I think most of you were a little overpowered too, especially how Jakchim shook off my Blackguard Ability. But what do I know?

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 07, 2005, 05:00:11 AM »

You can't really complain that LB shook off your blackguard ability as you didn't specify at all in your profile exactly what it is. All you did was compare it to a spell and said it was far more powerful than that. That's too vague. Also, the rest of us weren't overpowered. Our characters didn't dodge every attack. Instead, most of us received the blows and reacted accordingly. We didn't godmode.

And again, how were you able to block out the sun?

[edit]Whatever the case, learn from the mistakes made in this session and improve on your rp style for the subsequent sessions. We all have to start from somewhere.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 04:58:49 PM by Swift » Logged

Lord_Bierhoff
Superhero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: February 07, 2005, 02:25:42 PM »

Corsair: I would have accepted your black guard spell as you defined it later, but in session it was poorly defined.  I think the confusion arose from the name of it.
you will note that the dictionary defines compel as:
v 1: force or compel somebody to do something; "We compel all
          students to fill out this form" [syn: oblige, obligate]
     2: make someone do something [syn: command, require]
when you case Avoozl compel you didn't specify who you were compeling and what you were compelling them to do.  since you don't declare these things in your post your spell was incomplete which gave us a chance to respond before you persumably finished your spell in the next post.

from the way you describe your spell I think it would be better to call it 'Avoozl repel'.  this way we'd know that you are devinely forcing us back without refering to your character sheet.

Swift (refering back several posts): I definately agree that the combat system needs revamping.  we need some neutral person determine success and failure, attacks per round, etc. because we have as many understandings of the situations as we have players (if not more). until we have this sorted out I'd recommend we avoid pc vs pc combats.

censeo Carthaginem esse dalendam[/size]
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 07, 2005, 07:28:46 PM »

Sorry, guys. It's been an age since I did stuff like this, and, I guess my ability at doing it rusted up a bit. I've changed around the stuff in my profile so it makes more sense.

Lord_Bierhoff
Superhero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: February 07, 2005, 09:13:29 PM »

no worries, it's all just a game.

censeo Carthaginem esse dalendam[/size]
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: