Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Role Playing Stories (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  RPS discussion topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RPS discussion topic  (Read 116610 times)
Pwincess
« Reply #330 on: February 05, 2005, 05:52:02 AM »

he he he  cheesy  
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 05, 2005, 07:53:39 AM »

DOOM!

Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: February 05, 2005, 01:18:13 PM »

Hehe, only jokin'. Tongue  

Jarada Knight: The Honorable Marshmallow
Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: February 05, 2005, 04:32:26 PM »

stop that, you make  me feel like I'm stuck in a cave while being chased by goblins

c/dos
c/dos/run
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 05, 2005, 06:22:55 PM »

Uh huh. Sure. You know, that's a breach of the Paladin code. Man, I love being an Ex-Paladin Blackguard. It gives you such an insight into the Paladin Mind.

--------------------------------------------------------

(2nd post)

Oh, that's nothing. Kadis got locked in a cellar for three months, and his only soruce of entertainment was listening to the drunkards rambling on about everything from ale to automobiles.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 09:37:06 AM by Swift » Logged

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: February 05, 2005, 08:10:56 PM »

I think I'd rather have the goblins

c/dos
c/dos/run
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 05, 2005, 09:51:19 PM »

I know.

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: February 06, 2005, 01:52:35 AM »

then  again, I don't think I'd ever get stuck in a cellar. doors don't last being blown off their hinges

c/dos
c/dos/run
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 06, 2005, 03:05:45 AM »

The doors were huge, eight inch think steel, fortified with magical protections and imbued with essence of cookies.

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 06, 2005, 06:00:56 PM »

Man, I kick butt.

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 06, 2005, 06:25:23 PM »

Two things, Corsair.

First, try to keep all your comments to this topic.

Second, you were a bit overpowered imo in that you either ignored attacks that were directed at your character or didn't seem to be affected or slowed down by spells and attacks that did manage to hit you.

As for LB, his character is a drunken master and so it's understandable for him to be pretty fast and good at dodging despite being drunk (actually, it's because of his drunkeness that he's superfast). The so-called 'spell immunity' that you claimed LB had was just him being unfazed by your flame dart. As he'd pointed out in his character sheet, he does have resistance to spells (though he needs to specify what kind of spells) and flame dart is pretty weak for a fire spell, so it is possible for him to be unfazed by a simple spell.

Anyway, you need to react to whatever attacks that get thrown at you. I'm not saying that your character should be constantly hit. He is allowed to dodge some of them, but you need to state for those times that he does. And if your character is successfully hit, he should react to it, and not maintain the same attack speed as though he wasn't hurt. Also, not every attack made by your character should be successful.

Please also be clearer on how your abilities work. I just took a look at your character sheet, and I see nothing that indicates you having the ability to block out the sun.

LB, you do need to make sure that your character isn't overpowered either. If you successfully dodge almost every single attack and spell in every session, then it becomes Godmoding.

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 06, 2005, 06:33:03 PM »

Sorry. It's a bit hard when I've got to react to five people sending fists or swords or spells at me at the same time.

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 06, 2005, 06:38:55 PM »

I understand. We'll probably have to do something about how combat should be handled  by a large group of people.

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 06, 2005, 06:41:49 PM »

My original idea was that I'd go down a narrow alleyway, and you guys would follow me and I'd wind up dueling with Jafar (Hey, he's the main warrior.)

Also, part of the reason I seem overpowered is because, well, I'm a lone villain and you're a party o' five. I gotta have some kind of an edge.

Striker
Programming Team
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 06, 2005, 09:09:30 PM »

Well... as I pointed out in the chat, it was your own fault for walking in front of the party right then.  Things don't always go as you plan in RP sessions and you have to improvise.  Mistakes like that can get your dumb self killed.  So, instead of having that, you resorted to godmoding so you could cover up your own ineptitude.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: