Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Role Playing Stories (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  RPS discussion topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RPS discussion topic  (Read 116339 times)
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: February 21, 2005, 02:50:08 AM »

Well, he's either Neutral or Chaotic good.

Lord_Bierhoff
Superhero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #496 on: February 21, 2005, 04:56:55 AM »

wacko  whatever  Tongue  

censeo Carthaginem esse dalendam[/size]
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 21, 2005, 07:23:10 AM »

Not that it matters.

..And, Sir Robin, the not quite so brave as Sir Lancelot, who nearly stood up to the Dragon of Angnor, who had nearly stood up to the Chicken of Bristol, and who personally wet himself at the Battle of Baden Hill.

And, Sir not appearing in this film.

-------------------------------------------------------------

(2nd post)

Shadow. Shadow is not physical. Ice goes through him. Hurts him, but he's already bathing in the fires of Mt. Doom, the Orodruin, Amon Amarth, what have you.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 09:43:29 AM by Swift » Logged

Jigen
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 21, 2005, 01:12:13 PM »

Well you gotta write that bro. All you said he had was the M16. That and you've gotta be ex-military for this one. If you were current you'd be working with a platoon and not available for 'extra-curicular activites' like saving the world.

Still I like the guy, and your Woofie RPS character too. Keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 01:17:33 PM by Jigen » Logged

Set a match alight, and a man will be warm for a minute.
Set a man on fire and he\'ll be warm the rest of his life.
Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #499 on: February 21, 2005, 04:48:41 PM »

blizzard tends to fill people with heavy shards of ice

c/dos
c/dos/run
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 21, 2005, 06:03:55 PM »

Jigen, firstly, there are a few things I can do to separate me from my platoon. Also, there's a nifty thing we call paid leave.

Lord_Bierhoff
Superhero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #501 on: February 22, 2005, 01:35:06 AM »

heehee
you realize merc work is illegal under international law and will usually result in a lose of citizenship if you are caught (not to mention earn you a wee li'l prison term and/or exicusion).  but meh...

also note: M-16a2 fire 800 rounds per min, BUT their magazines only carry 20 or 30 rounds. now, let's do some quick math.  
800 rounds/60sec =  13.333 rounds/sec.  
20 rounds / 13.333 rounds/ sec = 1.5 sec
30 rounds / 13.3333 rounds / sec = 2.25 sec

a water hose this is not.  That said, AK-47's, AK-74's, and uzi's can't shoot for much longer.  If you want a gun that'll fire a long time in automatic mode your going to want a belt fed gun.  Unifortunately, you pretty much have to mount those and have a couple people or some fancy machinery to work them.  But who says this needs to be realistic, you could always have an enchanted magazine or something.  Wink
M-16's also have a reputation for breaking down.  AK-47's are much more reliable, easier to fix, and cheaper (about $50 in most places where you'd want to have one).
also G3 is more of a sniper gun. slow rate of fire, but quality over quantity.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 01:38:20 AM by Lord_Bierhoff » Logged

censeo Carthaginem esse dalendam[/size]
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 22, 2005, 03:30:05 AM »

Where'd you hear this stuff about M-16s being more reliable than AKs? Besides, M-16s are issue weaponry for most modern-day military, like the U.S. Army.

Also, 2.25 seconds of sustained fire? That's a good bit. You gotta think, each one of these bullets has a chance of being fatal, or at the very least crippling. Head and chest or stomach shots are rarely survived.

And who said Aaron was doing merc work? Spec-Ops is not read Mercs, it's read like the U.S. Navy SEALS and stuff.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 03:31:36 AM by Corsair5 » Logged

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #503 on: February 22, 2005, 05:22:47 AM »

slime, not shadow

c/dos
c/dos/run
Jigen
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 22, 2005, 08:32:53 AM »

Okay a few point while were on this idiotic debate (me and my 'oh hey you might want to convert that M16 crap talking look what it gets me).

First of all, since when has an activity's illegality stopped anyone from actually doing it? After every war (read real war, not these little bush fire engagements we fight these days) there is always a surplus of soldiers who would like to keep working/eating and so frequently move onto another conflict to continue being employed.

Additionally I doubt Aaron is going to be on paid leave for the next eight weeks worth of rps adventures, we're going to be jet-setting, getting around the world stimpoing bad guys. He's going to need to be independant. (That and I don't want you calling on a horde of army buddies whenever things get rough, you're supposed to do this cr@p on your own people).

Secondly on the topic of belt-fed weaponry. Have you seen Black Hawk Down yet?
Every infantry section in the world has at least one belt-fed section-support machinegun (called a General-Purpose MachineGun) they usual weigh in at around ten kilograms unloaded and in NATO nations fire the 7.62mmx51 Nato standard rifle cartridge. Just down from that is the popular FN Minimi (called the M249 SAW in the US which fires the standard Assault Rifle round oif 5.56mmx45, this is also belt-fed. These weapons can be effectively used by one soldier and do not need to be mounted on anything, though for real sustained fire you'll want to at least unfold the bipod.
Both of these weapons have a fire rate of: 550 and 750 rounds per minute respectively.

And yes, the M16 is a piece of crap. Any weapon that takes fifteen years before it can be used without risk of getting it's user killed cannot be referred to by any other title. Colonel David Hackworth, considered to be the greatest warrior America ever produced got to test the M16 way back when it was being trialed by the Air Force as a survival weapon. He fired under all conditions, wet, dry, dirty, clean, hot weather, cold weather, you name it, and he came back with two words to describe it's performance. It Jams.

Now the AK on the other hand has always been recieved favourably by soldiers from around the world. Just goes to show you what a weapons manufactuer can do when they're not concerned with maintianing market prospects or other capitalist crap like that.

And finally name me one other country that issues the M16 in large numbers outside of the US and Canada and I'll be very surprised.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 11:38:18 AM by Jigen » Logged

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 22, 2005, 09:48:02 AM »

I've pruned that Modern RPS character sheets topic as it got too off-topic.

edit: Who played as Yokel and Killer Sun? (I think there were a few more but I don't recall who else hasn't been identified yet.) Please read through the transcripts. Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 03:27:30 AM by Swift » Logged

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 22, 2005, 06:28:27 PM »

Yeah, it's probably for the best.

Also, AKs are SIXTY YEARS OLD. They aren't modern. Sure, they're cheap and effective, but my guy is Spec-Ops. Also,  I have a variety of things I can use to separate Aaron from his squad.

Jigen
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 23, 2005, 11:35:45 AM »

Yet another testament to how effective they are as weapons. Guaranteed that when you pull the trigger the weapon fires. A track record the forty-year old M16 can't even fantasise about. Why do you think so many countries adopted variants of it and continue to field them to this day with only minor modifications while the M16A2 has had to be extensively worked over?

But yeah, Aaron is special forces and listed as an especially good riflemen even amongst that lot. So regardless of what he carries he can score a lethal hit at clear over three hundred metres without an optical scope.

So we'll give him an M16A2 converted to fire fully-automatic and we'll consider the debate closed.

And yeah, having thought it over I'm willing to accept Aaron as a currently serving spec ops trooper. So we'll consider that one closed as well.

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 23, 2005, 05:03:08 PM »

Point taken. Half the world's issue weaponry are based on the AK-47.

And, on second thought, considering my guy is effectively German Spec Ops, my guy will be equipped with

The Heckler & Koch G36 Assault Rifle.

USEFUL LINK: GUN SITE.

Yeah, yeah. Weapons of War. It's a modern day RP, and you need your guns, otherwise, you're gonna die. So. Behold.

Gun Site: THE HK G36 ASSAULT RIFLE

It's also got a picture of my guys rifle.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 05:21:40 PM by Swift » Logged

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 23, 2005, 05:22:32 PM »

Corsair, please keep off-topic posts here. Thank you.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: