Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Discussion (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  Status
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Status  (Read 3161 times)
MZBKA
Initiate

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2008, 01:39:52 AM »

Hi everyone.  I've been following the progress of this for a long time. . .since 2005 I think.  I haven't seen any updates or even posts on the forums in months.  Was there a posting that the game was scrapped or something?  I hope not!
MZBKA
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 01:40:53 AM »

never mind!  I guess I was checking the wrong board!  please move along!
deltamatrix
Global Moderator
Superhero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 10:06:23 AM »

LOL. A game will come out of this.

Hero6 lead programmer, technical advisor, plot and art worker.
Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 03:13:03 AM »

Yeah, if for no other reason then to spite the universe Tongue

The Paladin: To seek, To learn, To do.
-quest board in QFG2

If I ever feel too down or over-inflated, all I have to do is remember one of two things: to the right of me, in some dimension, I am a king; to the left of me, in another dimension, I am a hanged man.
-ME!
Erasmus
Plot Admin
Squire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 05:39:49 PM »

I'd certainly like to see Hero6 actually released.  It's so damn close to being done too....
Irx
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 10:26:33 AM »

I'd certainly like to see Hero6 actually released.  It's so damn close to being done too....
You mean this project is actually alive? Smiley
Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 03:19:34 AM »

Yes, it's alive, it's just that all the developers are ignoring PR in favor of getting the game done, and most of the other members have drifted away. Sad, but they will return when a date of release is set in stone, I bet.

-quest board in QFG2

If I ever feel too down or over-inflated, all I have to do is remember one of two things: to the right of me, in some dimension, I am a king; to the left of me, in another dimension, I am a hanged man.
-ME!
Second
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 10:59:09 PM »

I know exactly how annoying it is to try and gather up suitable PR materials, but I also know - from a fan standpoint - that it never hurts putting up on the website, every now and then, a little "We're working on it! It's going good, slowly but surely. Dev #1 is doing this, dev #2 is doing that, and I'm doing something else."

Only takes 5 minutes and will make 20 people who frequent the site happy for a few months!
Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 08:19:44 PM »

Actually, to my eyes, some of the more recent posts from the team in these boards ARE like that, though they're more informal responses to my and others' inqueries and posts. So, in a way, you're getting what you want.
Besides, for this forum, I think it works better like that: the game has been in development for so long that most people just want to get it done before people leave the team again (life happens), so most (like me) probably just want them to concentrate on getting the game close to done, without worrying too much about PR stuff. Heck, the boards are almost deserted right now, so no real point in posting PR messages when nobody's here to read 'em, eh?
That's not to say that when they get close to release day (say 3 months or less, work left) that I don't think they should announce the day of release to every single member who has an email address in the list. As I keep saying, when that happens, with a SET IN STONE DATE OF RELEASE, I can almost promise that people will return and the PR stuff will take an upswing.

-quest board in QFG2

-ME!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: