Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Game Development
| | |-+  Project Networking (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | | |-+  tRP's Project
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: tRP's Project  (Read 2902 times)
theRedPress
Initiate

View Profile WWW
« on: April 20, 2007, 09:12:17 AM »

So I started a project....

I won't bother you with the history behind this project here, but you can find out all the details on the website, located here:
tRP's website

Please note I wouldn't mind building a team to work on this, but it's not really all that necessary.  You can contact me if you're interested.  Here are a few backgrounds from the game and a kind of look into what you might expect visually:

I am NOT an artist so any crits you give, I may not understand the things you're saying - so if you do, explain your terminology please.  Peace. Smiley

« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 04:17:52 PM by theRedPress » Logged

tRP |::.
Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 12:43:40 PM »

I must say I love the second pic. It's so...apocalyptic. Now you absolutely must tell us the story behind it. Tongue

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

theRedPress
Initiate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 03:42:09 PM »

Alrighty Smiley Here we are:

Eleycis I: For The Honor Of June

"When the Maniacal ruled the void, the protector was locked in the birth place.  All the angels fought over Her after the Maniacal was banished. Her angelic hair had gained in length, measuring the weight of all worlds.  In seeking the prize, favor of the star of all creation, the angels tried to kill Her...but they were strangled to death one by one in the maze of hair.  Two Thousand angels' blood soaked through, staining the golden hair a deep red.  The Birth Star offered no love to Her, and so She sought love elsewhere beyond the void, protecting other worlds instead."

A legend tells of a Great World Spirit.  She bestows great magic upon trustworthy souls, to guide and protect their Kings.  In the world known as Untao, in the land of the Nufin, powerful magic has been cast with an evil purpose.  A woman is tortured in endlessly burning flame and there is but one suspect, the sorcerer called June.  To be judged before the High Council of the Orbode Three, she awaits her sentence...

The following is copy/pasted from my website:

Game Features

* Full VGA Graphics - Just like the third run of Sierra games, a VGA full color spectrum will be used but with no color limit.
    * Turn-Based RPG Style Battles - Turn by turn fighting similar to that seen in the original NES release, Dragon Quest, mixed with the encounter style based off the Quest For Glory series.
    * Two Element Magic System - Consists of an item element and a magic element. You will gain items by finding them, and earn magic elements by solving puzzles or finishing side quests.
    * Character Choice - Play the adventure as Kota, the young exiled nephew of June Neripsie. Or play it as Lyneshi, the rich daughter of Amelia Lynor, and experience an entirely different storyline axis in the same world.
    * RPG Elements With Twists - Best monsters in battle and earn Karma. Rest in a comfy bed and award your Karma Points as you see fit to modify your character. Meet with an untimely fate, and you will lose awarded Karma Points and rack up Negative Energy.
    * Unlockable Extras - Are you tired of finishing that adventure game only to find that there is little or no replay value at all? No worries, all kinds of extras await those who go the extra mile.

Races

* Nufin - The people of the Untao World, they are the most intelligent race to walk on two legs.
    * Freeg - A nasty sort of lizard descendant, fairly stupid with a bad temperment. They build fortresses along the Tingre River and often attack wandering Nufins, but never stray into their territory out of fear.
    * Bloba - Slow, but usually friendly Slug Giants. They are twice the size of the average Nufin. Occasionally a Bloba gets an eye for a Freeg or Nufin lunch.
    * Gavk - The demons of the dark corners, magical creatures. Their tribes grow in number and the threat of war lingers. They are rarely seen in the daylight. A Gavk has two joints on each leg, making their movement strange and distracting. It is said they appear to hold their spines, head attached, ripped from their body.

Characters

* Chondra - The Great World Spirit. She is a legend of the Nufin, said to bestow magic to great sorcerors who serve and protect the Kings of the World. Her hair is so long that it strangled her jealous sisters, the Angels.
    * Peruppo - Thread Dangler. A devious little demon who serves the darkness. He hangs by the threads of a magical puppeteer.
    * Sonplau - The Lost Boy Of Manheha. Three years ago, a boy from the village of Manheha disappeared down a hole in the ground. When they repelled into the hole to investigate, they discovered that there seeemed to be no bottom. To prevent another tragedy, they sealed the hole with stone.
    * Kota Neripsie - Exiled Nephew of June Neripsie.
    * Lyneshi Lynor - Daughter of the Wealthy. Amelia Lynor, one of the richest women in the Kingdom Of Zayae, had only one daughter.
    * June Neripsie - Aunt to Kota and Magic Guardian of Zayae. Held in high regard by those who have come to know her, June is a free spirit who watches over the Kingdom of Zayae with her powerful magic.

Monsters

* Glumper - Part lion, part snake, and part bird...with a massive vein sticking out the side of its skull...and a giant rock-like growth on the end of it. They're not happy campers.
    * Spinnet - A magical experiment gone bad, this teacup conjures elemental magic when it spins.
    * Ento - This shield is hiding something, ball like plant growths!
    * Squirt - Ptooey!! He's also jiggly.
    * TongueLashings - Borne from the small pool that creeps along the ground, he'll make Gene Simmons cry.
    * Blarple - ...eats people!!! Look out kids, this fluffy creature may look fun at first, but just wait 'til you hear what its food thinks of it.
    * Snowkids - Enchantments are neat, but somewhere someone is turning young kids toting slingshots into snowmen, and that's not right.
    * Box Cutter - Watch out boy, this box'll cut you.
    * Rabbid Hat - Oh fuzzy bunnies! Smiley But wait, don't try to put it on your head.
    * Totem - It's a....well, it looks like....well I don't know exactly...
    * Star Mafishin - Starfish want to learn magic too.
    * Razortail - Flying bird with long tail covered in razorsharp barbs.
    * Brella - A legendary creature in the shape of a man, made out of massive stones.
    * Softshell - Not tacos. What's he doing with that mallet?! Oh, ok! Smiley He's just hitting himself with it, phew!
    * Urgot - Monolithic, monotone, mono-e-mono.
    * Stinkfist - Hobbits like mushrooms, but not like this one, he'll smash you flat.
    * Riceth - The greatest drake to ever blacken the skies.
    * Leecher - Sticky sticky.

More to come, new backgrounds in the next day or so and I want to post the monster sketches as well.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 03:45:57 PM by theRedPress » Logged

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 04:59:05 PM »

Wow, you've certainly put a lot of work into it, obviously. Can't wait for the next part Cheesy

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

lazygamer
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 04:22:11 AM »

Awesome! So is this an overhead RPG or a sierra style point and click adventure/RPG?

Q: When will it be released?
A: When it is done.

-Lazygamer on fangame cliches
theRedPress
Initiate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 08:01:13 AM »

It's a big mesh of various things.  It will be a Sierra style point and click adventure with old school RPG elements that have been modified using some of my own strange ideas.  Basically I'm taking things from various games that I liked and smashing them together.  On top of that I want to approach the game like I'm shooting a film so there will be varied angles.  Hopefully it'll be cool.

Edit:
By the way monster sketches have been uploaded and have been added to the project page.  The Dev Journal is also up, so feel free to get the latest updates here:
http://www.novellice.com/theRedPress/?page_id=57

Some other sketches were scanned as well, but I need to clean them up first.  Also have eight or so more backgrounds ready to start detailing.  I'll try to keep this updated...but fall back on the journal if you're antsy! ^^

Been awhile since I updated, not dead but the journal was never updated due to my being in the hospital.  Sorry, I will get it back on track soon as I can manage to be alive. :p
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 08:21:19 PM by theRedPress » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: