Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Game Development
| | |-+  Future Hero6 Projects (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | | |-+  Alternate Outfits- A Possability?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alternate Outfits- A Possability?  (Read 4596 times)
Pwincess
« on: January 12, 2005, 10:07:11 PM »

Should we have different outfits for each character class?  Also, what about character classes being able to change outfits (maybe as a disguise) during the game?
Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 01:19:22 AM »

I think that a slightly different outfit for each class would be cool.
The disguise would be a cool puzzle for Thieves.

Jarada Knight: The Honorable Marshmallow
Pwincess
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 01:37:31 AM »

What about a clothing shop where the hero can select different outfits?  cool  
Erpy
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 11:29:34 AM »

Only if your animators have no other duties left. Since the main character usually has a lot of animations and I assume new clothes don't mean quick palette swaps, but simply alternative costumes, you'll be multiplying the amount of sprites that go into the game. If another department still has a lot of work left and the animators are merely picking their nose in boredom, an alternative costume would be nice for novelty value. But since that's all it is, a novelty, I certainly wouldn't stretch the release date over it.
ndcent168
Knight

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 09:06:47 PM »

I must agree that new costumes would add so much more complexity to the animations and so little to the game that it would most likely not be worth while.

The idea of the thief being able to change his outfit to enable him to solve various costumes is a great idea, but that would still add a lot of work.
Pwincess
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 10:27:50 PM »

I realised that when I posed the question, however that doesn't mean that players wouldn't enjoy it.
ndcent168
Knight

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 06:16:43 AM »

Being that 2D graphics in 256 Colors are still being used, I don't think that people play these games for the graphics. I must say that I don't think people would appreciate the difference.
Pwincess
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 06:33:59 AM »

Again, considering the fact that Hero7 will probably be designed at a higher resolution with more colours, players will be able to distinguish between the various outfits.
ndcent168
Knight

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2005, 07:42:00 AM »

Maybe we should have different outfits for each character class?
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 04:44:53 AM »

Or minor differences. Like the Fighter would have a mail shirt instead of a leather appearance, the Wizard would have a blue cape,, and the thief could have like a hood or have a full cloak or something.

ndcent168
Knight

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2005, 07:20:33 AM »

Or maybe we could have a different looking outfit depending on what armor is equip.
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2005, 06:36:33 PM »

I don't think that'd be TOO difficult (But what do I know?). Just change the color of the armor to gray, and do a little stuff to it. But maybe that'd be harder than I know.

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2005, 02:10:10 AM »

If you're doing sprite animation, then yes, it's very hard and/or tedious. Just ask any sprite animator about it.

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2005, 03:06:32 AM »

Ah. So changing colors on sprites is pretty difficult?

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2005, 03:21:56 AM »

It's not so much about changing the colours, it's also editing and animating them frame by frame. For instance, try taking one of those animated smileys and change the colour, from say yellow to blue. If you don't edit all the frames properly, it's not going to look good. For me, just removing the white border itself was hard work. Imagine having to do that for all the frames!

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: