Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Game Development
| | |-+  Future Hero6 Projects (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | | |-+  Optional Gender?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Optional Gender?  (Read 2230 times)
Alis
Initiate

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2006, 07:41:16 PM »

Something I most want to see is the option to play a male or female hero, maybe some basic appearance selection at creation also.  Hair colour or some such.
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 02:09:12 AM »

It's a good suggestion, and others before you also suggested this too, but implementing this would take up a lot of work, since it means having to draw many different sprites for the same poses. Perhaps we'll look into this for future game projects. Sorry to disappoint.

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 11:54:12 PM »

not just the sprites. I would guess that a lot of characters would react differently to a female as well.

but it might be interesting to see a girl as the QG hero.

c/dos
c/dos/run
Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 12:22:47 AM »

Perhaps it could be made as an add-on project for later, like "voices" will have to be (hopefully :-P).

Also, I'm thinking that the sprites issue could be resolved through some creative "copy-paste" and "photo-shopping". Though admittedly that WOULD take a while, it wouldn't take nearly as long as having to completely redo the sprites.

The Paladin: To seek, To learn, To do.
-quest board in QFG2

If I ever feel too down or over-inflated, all I have to do is remember one of two things: to the right of me, in some dimension, I am a king; to the left of me, in another dimension, I am a hanged man.
-ME!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: