Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Discussion (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  Old Alumni
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Old Alumni  (Read 1394 times)
Amnesiac342
« on: January 11, 2006, 07:20:28 AM »

I used to be a semi-regular on the forums years ago.  Probably about 5 years ago. Over time, I almost stopped playing computer games entirely, but I was thinking about Quest for Glory tonite and I remembered the beloved Hero6. So back at the site I am, and it's very odd to have seen this site now from the perspective of a high school freshman and now a college freshman. It looks as if there aren't many new demos done ( huh ) but the site has gone undergone a lot of changes and it's great to see that the staff are still working on it.  I would've assumed by now that the project would've died. I understand how much work is going into it, and I'm eagerly anticipating coming out of QFG retirement fro Hero6 upon completion.  If the forums are anything like they used to be, you may get pissed at me asking this question but, Is there any kind of expected release date? Can you give me a percentage of how much this thing is done? New demo anytime soon? Are you guys planning on any media coverage (probably internet game blogs blah blah blah) upon completion? I mean it is kind of a unique project.

Best of luck with everything...
B
Ianfe
Music Admin
Hero

Stop the madness!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 01:42:33 PM »

Heya Amnesiac, glad to have you back among us.

In terms of percentage of completion, experience has taught us not to release numbers like that. I can tell you, however, that the game has grown ENORMOUSLY in the last 5 years, as well as undergone one or two revolutionary changes (for the better).

For the same reason, I can't give you an estimated date of release. I *can* tell you, however, that we have an internal date we're shooting for (albeit in a relaxed manner). I think that's much more than you've ever heard coming from us.

I don't know if mainstream media will be at all interested in Hero6 when it comes out. Personally, I'd definitely like the recognition, but I doubt it will amount to more than a blurb or two on gaming sites. From what I can tell (I don't know much about this), Hero6 is kind of an underground cult thing. You can expect us to make every effort to get this thing out among the masses, though, so who knows what will come about? With Swift making such an excellent PR job, anything's possible!

Last but not least, the topic of a new demo has been discussed lately, but I haven't heard of a decision to develop a new one. Problem is, after the demos we shipped out, we realized that it would be hard to make a more fun demo without giving away parts of the game we think are crucial, plus demos actually take a lot of time to put together... time that could be spent developing the game. You see, demos have to be 100% beta-tested, fool-proof, and with no hanging threads. That's harder to do than one would think.

There is a demo-ish game you can download, which was an Apri Fool's joke Hero6 played upon our friends, with the help of other Fan-game projects. It has sprites from our game, as well as backgrounds from the game (along with sprites and backgrounds from other projects). It's called Hero of Infamous Kingdoms

(that name is also a link, in case you didn't notice - click on it to download)

I hope that answers your questions, my friend. What do you think?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 01:55:22 PM by Ianfe » Logged

Crunchy on the outside...
Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 06:21:09 PM »

I think you have that text written down and copy/paste it to everyone.  Tongue  

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: