Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Official Hero6 News (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  The latest happenings at hero6!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The latest happenings at hero6!  (Read 3464 times)
Pwincess
« on: January 03, 2005, 04:05:01 AM »

Here are the latest happenings at hero6:

From the Plot department:
    For the past several weeks, the plot team has not been in production mode. A lack of committed writers is delaying the output of dialogues. However, plot's status is still doing very well. The reason behind this is that the plot for Hero6 has been finalized 95% of the way, and the 5% that is still being ironed out concerns parts that programming and art are still negotiating on. All the descriptions have been finalized as well.  Personally, I've been on my semester break from college the past several weeks and have not been able to use a computer nearly as much as normal. Expect that in the next few weeks you will see additional dialogues being completed.
     -Erasmus, Plot Admin and Creative Leader

From the Programming department:
   Art (Emily) revised Belenus' hut screen with much greater detail, this week I've added the changes to the game including the new animations for the screen (done by BigRyan). I started work on implementing the Trusting Collette/Remen Amulet quest by scripting in Collette's dialog and sprite graphics; since she belongs in the (unfinished) courtyard I've placed her in the garden for now. There is still much work to be done before this quest is finished, as a new background is needed and modifications to an existing background are also needed. I've put off updating Xia's new background to see if art is finished with it.
    - Daemious, Programming Administrator

From everybody on the Hero6 Team, have a happy holiday.
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 10:19:16 AM »

It's nice to see that the teams from the different departments are hard at work. Add oil and best of luck, everyone!

Guest_WuPhu
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 05:14:37 PM »

You know, I'm always available to come back and do dialogues if you need me.
Louisiana Night
Squire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 05:31:46 PM »

Good luck! Cheesy

***adds oil

The Silver Lining

Jafar the Greenie human, had a very shiney skin. and if you evver saw it, you would even say it glows! like a light bulb!

-quote from SorceressSwift
Jarrod
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 08:27:43 PM »

Thanks for the hard work!
blackhawk13
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 07:53:21 AM »

Great work everyone!

I can hardly wait! cool  
lazygamer
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 04:54:08 AM »

The reason behind this is that the plot for Hero6 has been finalized 95% of the way, and the 5% that is still being ironed out concerns parts that programming and art are still negotiating on.

What is included in this definition of plot? Like does this mean 95% just mean the story events that occur in the game, or does it include quests, locations, NPCs and events?

Also when you say that all the descriptions are finalized, does that mean that all the writing for descriptions has been completed?

Q: When will it be released?
A: When it is done.

-Lazygamer on fangame cliches
Pwincess
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 06:54:50 AM »

Plot = quests, locations, NPCs, events etc

"Also when you say that all the descriptions are finalized, does that mean that all the writing for descriptions has been completed?"  Yeap!  Cheesy  
Erasmus
Plot Admin
Squire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 10:54:28 PM »

To clarify what I meant by 95% done-

Without giving anything plot away, I'll break down what I estimate to be the percentage complete of each category:
Descriptions- 100%
Storyline- 100%
Main Quests- 99% (There may be another main quest added, but probably not, thus the 99%)
Sidequests- 94% (There are a few gaps that we're trying to fill with some more quests)
Dialogues- 10%

Dialogues are our major focus right now. They were nearly complete at one point, but a major revision had to take place. However, the time and effort it takes to write dialogue is minimal compared to the time it takes to develop the storyline and develop quests. Therefore, with all these factors in mind, I would say that plot, as a whole, is 95% complete, as in 95% of the total work needed before the release of the game has been done.

Fortunately, we are well ahead of the schedule that art and programming is on, so plot is "ahead of the game," so to speak.
BF
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2005, 10:09:29 PM »

Very glad to hear this. Sorry that I can't contribute to organizing music right now.
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2005, 09:00:02 AM »

Good luck, to you, Brass, and to Hero6. I hope the game is released soon. And the first Dragon's Breath I get at the tavern is dedicated to Brassfire.

ndcent168
Knight

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2005, 03:45:39 AM »

Don't you mean your LAST Dragon's Breath?
Lord_Bierhoff
Superhero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2005, 04:12:28 AM »

nah, there's never a last.  The pub just down the road from me makes a very nice Dragon's Breath ale  wub  

censeo Carthaginem esse dalendam[/size]
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2005, 04:18:17 AM »

Ndecent, just because you couldn't handle it doesn't mean I can't.

lazygamer
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2005, 07:23:59 PM »

Erasmus, that progress is amazing, I now have alot more faith in the Hero6 team. To be able to fully complete writing most of the descriptions, story, and quests, as opposed to a rough draft or general outline, is no small feat(especially for a game of Hero6's scope).

Q: When will it be released?
A: When it is done.

-Lazygamer on fangame cliches
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: