Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Discussion (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  Non-latin text for Hero6
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Non-latin text for Hero6  (Read 2067 times)
aragorn256
Initiate

View Profile WWW
« on: July 25, 2005, 03:41:33 PM »

I am a Greek fan of Qfg and a long time observer of the forums( even though I just registered-long story here). I don't know If it has been already suggested but I thought of making a language pack for Hero6 in languages other than English(or even Latin based). Asking some of the fans from other countries to take part of the script and translate it in their mother language. I know English is a global language, yet I eagerly yearn to see an Epic game in my language(we are generally a lazy lot and preffer to leave things as they are.) I for example would like to contribute to the attempt by lending my (not very good indeed) translating skills to the attempt.
I am speaking after the release of the game. I'm not asking for any material right now.

Μολλών Λαβέ -If you dare come and get them -King Leonidas of Lacedaimona
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 03:55:18 PM »

Welcome to the forums, Aragorn. It's a good suggestion, and we'll look into the possibility of releasing language packs after the game is released. Thanks for volunteering.

el.zmeev
Initiate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 08:17:07 PM »

Hello there! I'm from Russia and I've been a 'Quest for Glory' fan for a long time. I'm also pretty good at English Smiley So IF sometime you'll need a good translator from English into Russian (My goodness! Sometime!.. Smiley ) you can rely on me, I'll be glad to help you with that! It'll be really great!

Thanks!
Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 05:05:56 PM »

Wanna make a Romanian version? No? Didn't think so.

I think a Russian version is a good idea. Since Russians are owners of the greatest crack/abandonware sites where lots of these old games can be found.  cheesy

Seriously now, I think that the game could come out in a few basic languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Russian and such.

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

Guest_deltamatrix
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 01:47:41 AM »

As cool and justified as those decisions are. I wouldn't count on it.

To implement language pack support will require a total revamp of the way that dialogs and simple MessageBoxes are handled and will drastically slow down the development of the game unless the rest of the programming team can come up with a clever idea. At this stage, I don't think its worth it but we will certainly consider it.
Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 07:42:31 AM »

I just love the way the Hero6 Team members sometimes log on as members. It just cries out: "They let me out for a few seconds. Time is short. Here's what I have to say:"

Lol, sorry, guys. Joke. Couldn't resist it.  cheesy
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 12:15:46 PM by Silverbolt » Logged

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

Reish Vedaur
Plot Team
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 12:11:19 PM »

All that sounds like is that you don't have a standardized message box system, and all you would have to do if you created that would be set the size of the box, then type the text with line breaks.... and then you would give that info to the translator, give them a basic rundown of the functions (it's not THAT hard), and they'd take it from there.  I don't really see the problem.

... Then again, I don't have the code you're working with, so I wouldn't know specifically.

Ianfe
Music Admin
Hero

Stop the madness!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 01:22:22 PM »

I wouldn't expect language packs to be even considered until after the game is released. From the little experience I have on quasi-similar projects, the team will want to step away from the project once it's done. Most probably, language pack considerations will happen in proportion to the excitement we see from the community.

... of course, not EVERY language can be implemented. Programming people are the best to handle that question.

Also, I shold notify you that these are MY thoughts and opinions. I haven't received an official reply from the team on this regard.

Hero6ers only aim to please, y'know.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 01:23:27 PM by Ianfe » Logged

Crunchy on the outside...
Reish Vedaur
Plot Team
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 12:15:09 AM »

Well, I for one understood perfectly that you wouldn't implement the language packs with the first release, but rather as a patch or a seperate release after the release of Hero6.
<_<

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: