Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Official Hero6 News (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  April fools
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: April fools  (Read 8652 times)
Coco
Administrator
Knight

View Profile WWW
« on: April 03, 2005, 10:40:11 PM »

On 31 March, Codename Entertainment, Hero6, Infamous Adventures, Project Katrina, and Solar Crescent Studios reportedly merged to form Silver Sphinx Studios.

A demo was then released and much to many people's dismay, it was unclear what the status of the respective projects would be. There was a lot of alarm, not to mention loyal fans who were shocked, upset or even horrified that the creators of the projects would even permit this to happen.

Quite a number agreed that if this was a prank, it was poorly orchestrated. And yet many others did enjoy it, while some were extremely unhappy with the quality of the game even though it was evident that this was really a prank!

But, hardly anyone knew that SSS was actually part of a larger prank, that we would go as far as getting one of SSS' team members to masquerade as "ahem" Cain Aleksandrovich. Yes, folks, the part about him being kicked out of the IA team was not true.

Anyway, we would like to state that everyone had a fun time collaborating on this project. We actually meant for it to showcase our work created so far, and for people to actually have some fun.

SSS would like to thank the administrators and moderators of AGDI forums who were unwittingly pulled into this joke against their will, all members of all the respective projects who contributed to this project, everyone who played along with us, and all the loyal fans of all the projects for putting up with this.

Q: How could you call this an April Fool's joke even though it was released on 31 March?
A: This is because in some places in the world, it was already 1st April.

Q: "Aha! I was right. It was a prank all along!!"
A: Yes, you're very clever. Would you like a cookie?

Q: How long did it take to put out the project?
A: The idea was set in stone on March 4th, which makes it almost exactly one month of sleepless nights, culling it all together.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 02:51:15 PM by Swift » Logged
Erasmus
Plot Admin
Squire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 12:30:24 AM »

Sorry if we upset or worried anyone, but we really wanted to do something impressive for april fools. I think that everyone here is a light-hearted enough crowd to find amusement in our little prank. It started from a desire to release a fake game for you all to play, and we just worked the elaborate scheme of how to pull it off without it being obvious.

We do hope you enjoyed our game Smiley It took a few weeks to really put together from the ground up, and a lot of members worked very hard to make sure that it was completed on time.

I'd love to hear what everyone thinks now that the truth is revealed Smiley
Jarrod
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 05:11:16 AM »

ahhh.... you did get me pretty bad.  I was a little pissed hearing that Hero6 was thinking about not doing finishing Hero6.   AHhh well... all in good fun I suppose.  
Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 05:12:13 AM »

I liked the game, and it was a fun prank. (I KNEW something was up, but SSS seemed pretty offended when people said it was a prank, so I didn't say anything)
Can you explain more about the deal with Cain, please?  And was the forum going down part of the prank?

Jarada Knight: The Honorable Marshmallow
pyro
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 05:18:42 AM »

LOL nice one guys.

unfortunately my blanket burned up in the sheer heat that is Pyro leaving me exposed to the untold terror's that is the internet
Raito
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 05:28:25 AM »

I liked the game, and it was a fun prank. (I KNEW something was up, but SSS seemed pretty offended when people said it was a prank, so I didn't say anything)
Can you explain more about the deal with Cain, please?  And was the forum going down part of the prank?
Huh? I don't think we were offended about people saying it was a prank. It was only when people started to hit back at us like saying H6 was incapable of finishing any games, that the game looked really crappy(well, it WAS thrown together under barely a month),etc., that's when it really got to us.

Oh, and if we did seem annoyed, that's 'cos we were trying to carry on with the prank(as in, trying to prove it wasn't a prank).  Cheesy  
pyro
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 05:42:37 AM »

Was it hard to coordinate with the other fan projects involved?

unfortunately my blanket burned up in the sheer heat that is Pyro leaving me exposed to the untold terror's that is the internet
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 05:43:19 AM »

To Jafar: Yes, it was. And you guys were the source of inspiration for the spam prank.

It's a long story, so I'll explain later.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 07:04:55 AM by Swift » Logged

lazygamer
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 06:17:54 AM »

Holy s**t what a prank! Although I knew it was a joke at first, halfway through you guys tricked me into thinking SSS was real. I never expected an April Fools joke to that lasts until April 3rd. Tongue

So to answer a previous question: YES people really would spend money on a website and spend a few weeks creating a joke game just for April fools.

Q: When will it be released?
A: When it is done.

-Lazygamer on fangame cliches
Blackthorne519
Initiate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 08:43:39 AM »

Yeah, it was awesome.

Let me tell you Hero6 fans, your game is in great hands.  The Hero6 time is TOP NOTCH.  Amazing.  

I had a great time working with all involved.  I hope you enjoyed the game.  It was fun for a prank game, eh?  I even had trouble solving the riddles.

And the Turban joke.....rocked.

Bt

"I'm not even supposed to BE here today........" - Dante, Clerks.
Bromios
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2005, 02:19:46 PM »

Here here! Twas great working with all the other teams!
will729
Knight

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2005, 02:26:31 PM »

i still didn't like the game o_O
partly because i dislike the AGS default UI, but mainly because you were out to save tomatos, and the king pronounced it ta-mah-toe
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 03:16:56 PM by will729 » Logged

as a head without a body I envy the dead
Cain Aleksandrovich
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2005, 03:34:24 PM »

Yea, I really was the spammer. It's a very long story, but I couldn't have pulled it off without the Hero6 team, though phattie did almost buck that part of the prank for a bit.
Esquire
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2005, 03:52:28 PM »

Oh yea, I forgot about this account. I registered this one thorugh wujie after phattie banned me for that time. I had to send him a frantic PM. So, the spammer has been registered the entire time.     -Cain Aleksandrovich
Blackthorne519
Initiate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2005, 05:59:12 PM »

i still didn't like the game o_O
partly because i dislike the AGS default UI, but mainly because you were out to save tomatos, and the king pronounced it ta-mah-toe
To-may-to, To-mah-to.

Bt

"I'm not even supposed to BE here today........" - Dante, Clerks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: