Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Game Development
| | |-+  Future Hero6 Projects (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | | |-+  Hero7: Norse Village/Colony
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hero7: Norse Village/Colony  (Read 15424 times)
ndcent168
Knight

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2005, 06:26:18 PM »

The medieval Europe is more or less what I was refering to. The best part of it would be the ability to inlcude a character like Robin Hood and then be able to beat him up. The only problem would be the obvious similarity to Spielburg as many people won't notice anything besides the fact that there's a castle.

There are, however, many aspects of English culture that could be made very interesting. Much of the "Gargoyles" (the TV show) mythology could be used, including Avalon, King Arthur, Beowulf, etc.

However, the Norse Gods would also be an enjoyable subject and quasi-educational as most people are not familiar with the majority of Norse mythology, but that would also require a substancial amount of research on our part.
Pwincess
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2005, 10:14:47 PM »

Maybe we could have Robin Hood to train our hero in using the bow?  (Similar to the weapon-master concept)
ndcent168
Knight

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2005, 09:15:55 AM »

I was thinking Robin Hood seeming to be a good guy at the begining and turning out to be truly corrupt near the end.

A bow may be a good addition to our hero's arsonal, but how would that effect the combat system? What character classes would be able to use the bow?

I've also been playing with the posibility of having the map large enough to have two towns, such as Shapier and Rasier, but have them close enough together that travel between them could be done in under a day. This would give a Robin Hood-like character caravans to raid and plenty of forest to hide a fortress for himself.

We would also be able to include countless "Men in Tights" Easter Eggs...

Lastly, the addition of gargoyles would be a great twist leading to players needing to be out after dark to interact with them, just as the domivoi and other creatures throughout the Quest for Glory Series.

Pwincess
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2005, 09:57:33 PM »

Well, currently our Hero can use a variety of weapons, such as the long sword and dagger.  Maybe we could implement the bow and use the hero6 dexterity/agility to calculate whether the arrow hits, and strength to determine the hit points.  We could also implement a few dart boards around the place for our hero to practice his skills.

I like the idea of having two towns which are near by so that the hero can walk between them to solve quests.

With the gargoyles, should they play a role in the plot or will they be just another monster which our hero encounters?
ndcent168
Knight

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2005, 09:04:01 PM »

I was thinking of them more as characters, but also the "rogue" gargoyles that may be encountered in the forests, such as the lepordmen of QG3.

I must note that the "Variety" of weapons that are available in QG 1-4 include only the Dagger, Long Sword, Paladin Sword, and Battle Axe (I have not personally confirmed this one). QG5 added many more weapons, but the weapons system was only surpassed in its poor implementation by the combat system.

I'm still curious about how a bow may be implemented in combat. If the combat style from QG 1-3 is used, a bow would be useless because of the close range. If the Combat from QG 4-5 is used, a bow would be great, but most people seemed disappointed with the QG5 Combat system. The QG4 system negates the disadvantage of being against multiple targets. Truly, a new combat system is needed.
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2005, 01:31:47 AM »

The Bow would have been extraordinarily useful in QfG4, actually, against Revenants, A few magic users, etc. However, I believe you are correct. If there's a bow, a new combat system is needed.

Oh, yes, and the battle axe is true. However, it uses the exact same animation as the sword, so Sad

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2005, 10:44:18 PM »

rogue gargoyles? maybe they could terrorize people inside the town during the night.

c/dos
c/dos/run
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2005, 12:24:08 AM »

That's a neat idea. The city being attacked at night and driven off in the morning..

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2005, 01:44:21 AM »

or they could just come to rest on the top of some random missionary cathedral or something

c/dos
c/dos/run
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2005, 02:16:21 AM »

Sounds too much like a QfG4 steal.

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2005, 03:03:36 AM »

maybe they'll hide out in the mountains or something

c/dos
c/dos/run
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2005, 03:30:10 AM »

NOW THAT is an idea!

Jigen
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2005, 03:40:55 PM »

I'm surprised an Asian setting has only been mentioned once so far. But then again, to do that properly you'd need a bigger game than you can reasonably expect from a fan community (*Understands that he may have to eat those words when Hero6 finally comes out*)

Set a match alight, and a man will be warm for a minute.
Set a man on fire and he\'ll be warm the rest of his life.
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2005, 04:26:25 PM »

I think a lot of people would only want an Asian Setting so they can have Katanas and Ninjas.

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2005, 05:05:53 PM »

so? that's reason enough, provided that you have a plot to go with it.

c/dos
c/dos/run
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: