Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Offtopic Mayhem (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  If you could have...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you could have...  (Read 18100 times)
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2004, 04:55:45 AM »

But you see, no magicians are good. Only warriors are good. In fact, we're beyond good. We're Grrrrrreat!

Thus, a Bard/Paladin is a walking paradox, both in D&D allignment terms, and in total good vs. not-good practicality.

Oh yes, you can't conclude that a Bard/Paladin is a walking paradox just because "no magicians are good. Only warriors are good". That makes no sense, as Jafar pointed out. How did you jump to the walking paradox conclusion from talking about wizards and fighters?

Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2004, 05:04:18 AM »

When did Bards come into the conversation anyway? blink
*Rereads the topic*

Jarada Knight: The Honorable Marshmallow
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2004, 05:25:09 AM »

I see some class-based cleansing about to happen. Aaand, yep.

Look, see how the wizards and sorcerers have to fend for themselves against the fighters, rangers, paladins, barbarians, rogues, bards (whom have sworn never again to use magic)?
That's when bards first entered the conversation.

Outchanter
Music Team
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2004, 11:20:19 AM »

Come on, if I were an evil magician I'd be teleporting Kailkay to a tiny island in the middle of a lake of lava right now.

Come to think of it <_< that's not such a bad idea...

Ye find yeself in yon dungeon. Ye see a flask.

What wouldst thou deau?
Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2004, 05:21:08 PM »

Hey, don't start getting ideas.

Kailkay
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2004, 12:22:36 AM »

What exactly do you have against magicians? Was there some sort of terrible incident in your past? Or maybe you're jealous?

I'd really rather not talk about that... >.> Lots of bad, evil things have happened to rugged young me in the past, and that is something that shall never be spake of. Ever.

So I take it that you consider both Brassfire (bardic mage) and I (bardic priestess) to be "walking paradoxes", huh? Well, you are sadly mistaken, but I suppose I can't stop you from thinking that way, since clearly some people are incapable of not stereotyping others.

Now you see, Bards are harder to classify since they dip a bit into everything. So I have to make a few points out of everything here, and try to claw a bit of sense out of everything.

A bard whom uses their music and other inate abilities to create magic harmonious in nature to the spirits of anything = Tolerable.

A bard whom uses magic from another source (Divine or Arcane) gained either studiously or through acts of clergy and prayer to divinity = Blasphemous, sacreligious and badness to all that is the warrior faith of Man.

Don't get started on Elf. Or Fay-Halfdragon-Man. Such people should be clubbed down when they're young anyways.

Thus, a Bard/Paladin is a walking paradox, both in D&D allignment terms, and in total good vs. not-good practicality.

That sounds pretty illogical to me.

I draw you to the conclusion that a Paladin must retain the ever lawful good faith, whilst a bard can be all *but* lawful. Strictly in D&D terms. In total, overall, it's just a bad combination that can lead to nothing but a failed character.

Oh yes, you can't conclude that a Bard/Paladin is a walking paradox just because "no magicians are good. Only warriors are good". That makes no sense, as Jafar pointed out. How did you jump to the walking paradox conclusion from talking about wizards and fighters?

Let me rephrase myself, as that was born purely out of incompetence and a sheer, complete fervor.

No Magician is good. All Warriors are good. However, warriors tainted by taking active participation in a career of magic outside their own warrior-path career are tainted and thus no longer 'good'. Paladins and Rangers withhold magic-casting abilities based on their experiences either working for the cause of good, or the cause of nature, and are both thus exempt from this ruling.

We *do* need healers anyways.

Mages shall be tested for the right to exist. Those failing shall be either forced to resign from their studious career, or else cut down straight away, while priests shall retain to heal our wounded after this conflict, and then they, themselves shall be sent to work in concentration camps, making armor and big, shiney sticks for us warriors to beat each other around with.

So Sayeth Keven. So Sayeth the LORD.

And finally...
Come on, if I were an evil magician I'd be teleporting Kailkay to a tiny island in the middle of a lake of lava right now.

Come to think of it  that's not such a bad idea...

Bahahaha. Try your worst, little man. I'll use my fighter-ness to fly over the lava. Then I'll hunt you down and knife you.

Doubtless: the end.
Outchanter
Music Team
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2004, 08:13:39 AM »

rolleyes flying is an obviously arcane ability. If you used that, you'd become a mage, you wouldn't be able to live with yourself, and then what would you do?

Besides, I can't put you into a mortally dangerous situation just because you're being stupid. If people went around doing that ... well, I leave the effects on world population to your imagination.

Since all this is based on some unfortunate happening in your past ... I suggest you go for Family Therapy.
And since your family doesn't seem to be on these forums ... we'll be your Family Cheesy

*goes off to find a therapist*

What wouldst thou deau?
pyro
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2004, 09:03:18 AM »

Well if he swung his sword/club/whatever around fast enough over his head he might fly, especiallly with all that hot air.  

unfortunately my blanket burned up in the sheer heat that is Pyro leaving me exposed to the untold terror's that is the internet
Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2004, 02:19:14 AM »

LOL, that was mean.

Kailkay
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2004, 04:23:48 AM »

*Puts a checkmark on his little list on his clipboard*

Excellent, Pyro. I'll be around shortly. And just to clarify, My sword named 'Icebolt', and my Staff named... Staff.

pyro
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2004, 04:24:17 AM »

I see your point, it wasn't intended that way sorry KLK just couldn't be bothered debating with everything you just said.

Anyway:
magicians = good
fighters = good
paladins = good
theives = not good except the ones that fight on the side of good

And when your banging helmits together, clanging swords, beating clubs are you not producing the glorious music of battle making you a bard of some description.

unfortunately my blanket burned up in the sheer heat that is Pyro leaving me exposed to the untold terror's that is the internet
Kailkay
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2004, 05:31:46 AM »

No, you're producing death to your enemies. Far different.

Outchanter
Music Team
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2004, 01:23:17 PM »

*looks pained* please do not confuse music with noise.

Hmm, so it's fashionable to name one's weapons? *pulls out a name book* let's see ... I could call my wand 'Wendy', my boots 'Bob' and 'Murgentrude', my belt of magicness 'Brian', my hat 'Robert the Red'...

*starts getting beaten up by his wand, his hat and his boots (Bob and Murgentrude...)* Ok ok guys, I was just joking!

What wouldst thou deau?
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2004, 01:31:57 PM »

Remind me never to borrow your items, OC.  

Outchanter
Music Team
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2004, 06:45:41 PM »

Oh, they can be a bit moody at times, but they're good at heart. *tentatively pats the brim of his hat*
« Last Edit: October 02, 2004, 06:47:17 PM by Outchanter » Logged

What wouldst thou deau?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: