Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Offtopic Mayhem (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  KQIX Project Shut Down
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: KQIX Project Shut Down  (Read 13802 times)
8: Undefined variable: censor_proper
File: /var/www/hero6com/forums/sources/Load.php
Line: 1689
Jarrod
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2005, 04:57:12 PM »

$50 is not much when you have a real job in America.  
PHattiE
Administrator
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2005, 05:50:55 PM »

Ah, I remember the days when $50 was a lot of money.  Now days, I burn through that amount a day just on food.  I'm too lazy to cook, and fast food is gross.

Anyway, I am certain that you could send 1000 letters for less than $50.  I work with some storefronts that do mailing, and they can fedex an office chair for less than that.

Outchanter
Music Team
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2005, 08:46:49 PM »

Sirus, That was an error not of my own. I thought you could use anywhere from one to 25 Runes. I was..mislead. Besides, the calculator messed up. Too many numbers.
You want the number of combinations that use at least one rune?

Possible combinations (order ignored) of 25 runes = 2^25
(two possible states - rune used or rune not used)
Combinations which use no runes = 1
Answer = 2^25 - 1 = 33554431

Ye find yeself in yon dungeon. Ye see a flask.

What wouldst thou deau?
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2005, 02:51:10 AM »

Yes, yes. But.

I was not aware whether it was two runes, five, or twenty-five that could be used in a single spell.

Sirus
Squire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2005, 07:56:37 AM »

Sirus, That was an error not of my own. I thought you could use anywhere from one to 25 Runes. I was..mislead. Besides, the calculator messed up. Too many numbers. 
You want the number of combinations that use at least one rune?

Possible combinations (order ignored) of 25 runes = 2^25
(two possible states - rune used or rune not used)
Combinations which use no runes = 1
Answer = 2^25 - 1 = 33554431
Please guys, this is not the topic to discuss possible combinations. (Man, I sound like Swift Tongue )

Ah, I remember the days when $50 was a lot of money. Now days, I burn through that amount a day just on food. I'm too lazy to cook, and fast food is gross.
And by the sound of it, I bet lots of people with go without food just to save KQIX.  laugh  

Current Project:Hero of the Rune My QFG Fangame!
Current Status: Working on plot and a design document before getting in over my head.
Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2005, 10:18:01 AM »

It would appear that the foul demon of math is pursueing me into this place as well.

DAMMIT!

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

koko_99_2001
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2005, 11:07:08 AM »

Hey guys, another update. We've had several people mention that they are unable to find the time to write letters to Vivendi. The SaveKQIX team has come up with a way to help each of you out. By going to www.savekqix.org, and clicking on "how you can help," there is a link that will directly take you to your email, as well as coming up with the text into the body of the email. In other words, it will take all of 10 seconds for you to send this.

Thanks for participating!

Cat  
mcomp72
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2005, 10:30:46 PM »

Hey all,

I'm working with Cat in the Save King's Quest IX organization.  As she mentioned, we've now just made it super easy for you to email Vivendi.  Please stop by this page.  It literally only takes a few seconds to do it.

http://www.savekqix.org/help.htm

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that we're now on MySpace.  If you're signed up over there, feel free to add us to your friends list.
http://www.myspace.com/savekqix

If Vivendi hears from enough gamers, then I really do believe they will at least consider allowing King's Quest IX to continue.  If that happens, it's good news for ALL fan games.

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2005, 03:32:14 AM »

Captain's Log, Supplemental, Stardate 102620.05

A...creature referring to itself as Koko992001 has beamed aboard the Enterprise, claiming it has a foolproof method to save the Kingsquest IX. Apparently, they have a program that can create the body of a letter in less than ten seconds. Mr. Spock has informed me that said program was illogical, due to an abundance of simiarities in all the letters, which undoubtably the Evil Empire of Vivendiuniversal will notice. I will beam down to the planet and speak with the inhabitants. Kirk out.

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2005, 09:59:20 AM »

Heh, though sarcastic to the core, Corsair's post makes sense...

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice