Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Discussion (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  Hero 6? It will *NEVER* be finished!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hero 6? It will *NEVER* be finished!  (Read 4853 times)
Shalkar
« on: April 27, 2005, 07:14:37 PM »

This is to get everyone attention that I strongly think this project will never be completed. Sorry to say this but this is just redicilious. This project has been going on since 1999. Its 2005, hello its been going on 6 years. All has been done are a few demos and some sound files. WOW! Thats so amazing! For real, I really don't think this project is going to be finished anytime soon, in fact I don't think you guys have what it takes. If you do, prove me wrong!

:angry:
Come on guys you have to have somthing done!

Raito
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 07:36:29 PM »

Given that you're not contributing anything at all to the project, I don't see what gives you the right to these words, O Mighty Lord of High-handedness?

Furthermore, everyone's doing this in his spare time. And finally, since we do not operate as a commercial project(no office, no funding of at least a few hundred thousands or even a million bucks), I don't think you should be complaining about this at all. After all, you won't be paying a single cent.  
Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 07:46:59 PM »

I hate people who try and undermine a project without a decent understanding of the history of that project. Several years ago it was decided that no more demos would be released, in order to help the project finish faster.

c/dos
c/dos/run
Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 02:49:44 AM »

If you think it's going too slow, why don't you join the team instead of complaining here?
Your flaming is NOT making the team work faster. Just be patient. The game will come out when it's finished.

Jarada Knight: The Honorable Marshmallow
lazygamer
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 02:50:52 AM »

Shalkar, the fact that Hero6 is still surviving after all those years must mean something. An unluckier project would have died long ago...

Q: When will it be released?
A: When it is done.

-Lazygamer on fangame cliches
Brassfire
Music Admin
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 08:25:14 PM »

Actually, more than 6 years.

"A dragon is not going to care if you are gay or not. They are going to eat you anyway."
~Brassfire the Mage~
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2005, 01:05:32 AM »

You know, I hate to say it, but, Shalkar has a point..

Tongue

Kidding, of course. Hero6 will be complete soon enough. Just stop pissing the members who are devoting their spare time and talents to this project, and be patient.  

Brassfire
Music Admin
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2005, 10:28:33 PM »

More like 50 mp3 files and about 240 midi files... but who's counting...

"A dragon is not going to care if you are gay or not. They are going to eat you anyway."
~Brassfire the Mage~
lazygamer
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 02:05:19 AM »

You know, I hate to say it, but, Shalkar has a point..

Tongue

Kidding, of course. Hero6 will be complete soon enough. Just stop pissing the members who are devoting their spare time and talents to this project, and be patient.
Each year the Hero6 team gets better at making Hero6, and each year it feels like the game is getting alot closer to release. IIRC Hero6 has felt somewhat close to release in previous years too. It's hard to just come out and say "This game will take quite a long time to be finished" no matter how true it is. Back in 2002 people probably weren't expecting Hero6 to be in it's alpha phase in mid 2005. Back then, people probably thought Hero6 would be done by mid 2005 AT THE MOST! Sure some of us might have known better, but all of us? Smiley

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 05:39:28 PM »

For a "Company" of unpaid amateurs (No offense intended, but how many of you actually went through college and got a degree in computer designing or something?) they're going pretty fast. How long did it take for Blizzard to finish WarCraft 3 or Bioware to finish Jade Empire? Granted, they were on a larger scale, but they also had larger teams, better training, and they were paid for doing it, they were supporting themselves off this job, so they didn't have to worry about School and a job while they worked on it.

Guest_deltamatrix
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2005, 05:56:49 PM »

I can understand his impatience. As you know I am more sympathetic to people like him but that was f**king too far! :angry:

Shalkar the Stalkar:
Unless you are gonna apologise for your rude comments, don't ever post on this forum again or you'll have people like me to fight through and you don't want that.  pentagram  wizard  
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2005, 10:43:51 PM »

Delta, I understand your anger but let's not blow the issue please. The same thing applies to everyone else.

Shalkar, you post was a tad rude. You might have intended for that to spur the team into "proving you wrong", but posts of that nature tend to stir up negative feelings rather than to make us work harder to prove detractors wrong. It's been said many times that a lot goes on behind the scenes. What you see on display is really just a tip of the ice berg. The fact that we've produced 'Hero of Infamous Kingdoms', a complete game, with a few other teams in less than a month goes to show what the Hero6 team is capable of, so there's proof enough for you. In the future please word your posts carefully, because posts of this nature will not be tolerated.

To everyone else who said encouraging words about Hero6, thank you.

This thread will be locked if the flaming persists.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 10:44:42 PM by Swift » Logged

lazygamer
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2005, 07:27:09 PM »

The art and music in HoIK was probably made in previous months. So as long as the talented artists and mucisians of these teams(when combined) could produce that much art and music in a month, then yes HoIK is a very impressive effort.

Brassfire
Music Admin
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 12:38:13 AM »

HOIK was programmed in two weeks using MOSTLY pre-existing art, and pre-existing music. The writing was done in 12 days. The voice acting was done in 3 days. That is still quite impressive, particularly for an online team scattered all over the globe and in different timezones.

The team of HOIK probably could have made the entire game from scratch if we all worked fulltime on game development. But that would of course require funding, and there's no funding for free games.

~Brassfire the Mage~
lazygamer
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2005, 08:12:44 PM »

So the team writed and scripted that in 12 days? That sounds like a good pace to me.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: