Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Role Playing Stories (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  Restarting the RPS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Restarting the RPS  (Read 1721 times)
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2008, 04:56:39 PM »

It seems to me that, while Hero6 is this site's purpose, what kept a lot of the people here was the RPS. Well, that, and the ridiculous degree of thread de-railing. Anyway, I'd like to restart the RPS, beginning with a sort of Re-Telling of Quest for Glory. Why that? Because I'm lazy!

Now, the poll. If I missed any of your favored options, just say so below. I can't imagine what I could have missed, though.

Jigen
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 05:57:31 AM »

Corsair, as much as I frequently argued with you and called you out on your dramatic inconsistencies in logic, I don't actually want to discourage you when you seem to be genuinely keen on an idea.

Having said that, I have top ask: Why would I want to RPS a retelling of a much loved classic game, when I could just boot that game up and play it for real? At least that way my thief won't have to sit there twiddling his thumbs while whoever's magic user plays endless games of Amazing Maze to get his magic stat up.

Set a match alight, and a man will be warm for a minute.
Set a man on fire and he\'ll be warm the rest of his life.
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 08:03:04 PM »

I love you too, Jigen.

Admittedly, I agree. This was basically just a ballpark idea to get something going while I or someone else thought of something more original. However, it would be a translation, not a transliteration. Characters wouldn't jam their lockpicks in their nose so they could break into the Sheriff's house or something like that. Also, I had planned to actually start it with Quest for Glory IV. But, by all means, if you have a better idea...

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 04:45:16 AM »

Sorry for the late post. I'd love to see the RPS running again, though I can't attend a chat-based RPS because my schedule is hectic right now. If you can organize one and have a small group of people to join you, more power to you. In fact, you could just RP with one other person, and it should be sufficient. I used to just RP with Jafar a lot in the AGDI chatroom because he was the only one available.

I'm more in favour of a forum-based RP, since there won't be a conflict of time schedules and everyone can chip in whenever they're free. You can have more than one RP running at the same time this way.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 04:48:13 AM by Swift » Logged

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 03:35:10 AM »

If you do get an rps running, I'd be more than happy to join

c/dos
c/dos/run
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 03:56:55 AM »

I'd complain about Necromancy, but the horrifying part is that this has been at the top for the past two months.

I've shelved the idea of Re-Doing Quest for Glory. It might be fun for people who haven't treaded the same ground again, but frankly, half the fun of the games, especially IV, is the mystery. Instead, I'm going to set up a couple of options to gauge people's perspectives. Then, I'll slam something together and we can try it.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: