Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Discussion (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  Hero6 direction?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hero6 direction?  (Read 1775 times)
Spikey
« on: June 25, 2005, 05:42:36 AM »

Hey folks,

Just wanted to inquire about how this project is going. And before I get some PR answer, I'm not asking for a release date.

I'm more just interested about the direction of the project. I've been following this for years (Spliff might remember me from the chatroom, I once visited the empty thing often!). Always was impressed by this project- however I see it seems tobe moving in a new direction, with the 'merging' (I love how fictitious companies can merge) of the various QFG-related organisations, not all of which impress me equally with their offerings.

I very much loved the music that was composed, the ideas that were bandied around back as far as '02. Are we still on that path, or has it been majorly shaken up? I don't want Hero6 to become a glorified RPG-website rather than a serious game in the QFG timeline. I really want to see this completed. Smiley

Who is running it anyway? I see a lot of old faces like Swift, Phattie and Spliff, but I could've sworn Brassfire was taking it over..

Regards,
- Spike
Spikey
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 05:46:05 AM »

Oh yes, and noted this in the FAQ..

Will there be a recognizable tune?
Yes, there will, but it will not be the Quest for Glory March...
Being someone who's been aroundlong enough to remember the original Hero6 theme tune, this is quite dissapointing Smiley Assuming my memory's good enough and that the original tune was based on the QFG theme..

- Spike

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 06:28:13 AM »

Hi Spikey. You're not from AGDI forums, are you?

The 'merging' was a prank played by us and a few other project teams in April. Hero6 is not merging with anyone.

Hero6 will have an original plot and it'll take place in an original universe, not QFG's, so it won't follow QFG's timeline. Don't worry, our team is dedicated to finishing the game, and we won't release it until we ourselves are satisfied with the work.

As for who's running it, Coco and PHattiE are the Superusers, Daemious is in charge of Programming, Erasmus and Paladin Valiant run the Plot department, Gronagor's handles Art, Brassfire's the Music Admin, and Pwincess and I are in charge of PR.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 03:48:53 PM by Swift » Logged

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 11:05:43 AM »

Didn't Brassfire left the project due to health problems?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 11:06:58 AM by Corsair5 » Logged

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 11:40:31 AM »

Brass still holds the position as the Music admin, and as soon as she's settled down, she'll return to tie up whatever loose ends that remain.

Spikey
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 03:08:56 PM »

Hi Spikey. You're not from AGDI forums, are you?
I'm not, no. Smiley Though I might have posted there once or twice.. AGDI's not really my scene. Smiley

I seem to always be confused with someone else. My nick is based on the SQ community Smiley

The 'merging' was a prank played by us and a few other project teams in April. Hero6 is not merging with anyone.

Ah yeah, I read the archives and found it out actually. My bad. Cheeky wink

Hero6 will have an original plot and it'll take place in an original universe, not QFG's, so it won't follow QFG's timeline. Don't worry, our team is dedicated to finishing the game, and we won't release it until we ourselves are satisfied with the work.

Yeah, I have every faith in the team. I've always been impressed by the dedication and hardwork. And the good quality stuff tht's out there.

As for who's running it, Coco and PHattiE are the Superusers, Daemious is in charge of Programming, Erasmus and Paladin Valiant run the Plot department, Gronagor's handles Art, Brassfire's the Music Admin, and Pwincess and I are in charge of PR.
Thanks for the info Swift, appreciated.

And I heard Brassfire was having surgery- I thought it'd happened by now, but maybe not. Money's a fickle friend after all.

Regards, thanks again,
- Spike
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 03:48:26 PM by Swift » Logged
Erasmus
Plot Admin
Squire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 04:26:56 AM »

Glad you asked Smiley Let me try to answer some of these questions. Swift already gave you a breakdown of who is in charge. Hero6 always has, and always will be, a democracy. This is no single person's project, though many of us have been here from day one (myself included). The real "leadership" in hero6 comes from those people best able to motivate and organize others to complete work.

Things haven't changed too much internally over the past 6 years. We have had quite a few changes, but all of them have been for the better. The game is still going to feel like an old QfG style game, but due to legal reasons we can't make it too close. Thus, no hero marching tune Sad

I'd like to say that I am very happy with where hero6 is at this point in time. While it's taken us a while to get here, I believe that the finished product of the game will be something we all will be proud of. All of our composers are top-notch; we have plenty of amazing all-original music. A team of talented artists has given us some amazing art. The major shake-up has been in the plot, which I feel has been solidified into something much more firm than what we had a couple years ago. And as to not leave out our programmers- we have some very talented people in programming who put a lot of time into piecing everything together. We couldn't do it without them.

While 6 years has been a long time in making a game, we really all started this as amatures. We started as a group of people who wanted to make a game, though hardly any of us had skills. The plot was linear and simple, the programers were learning as they went along, and our artists were mostly people who had only sketched here and there but wanted to contribute nonetheless. As we've worked on hero6 over the years, we keep realizing that the work we did years ago needs to be redone, as it now lacks the same level of skill our new material has. Thus, dialogues have been rewritten as our writers have grown more skilled. Backgrounds have been redrawn as artists have had more practice. And even in programming, we've gained more capabilities as our programers realize new features they can impliment.

I hope this goes to answer some of your questions. As always, we are eager to answer our fan's requests Smiley
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 08:59:36 AM by Swift » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: