Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Game Development
| | |-+  Game Development Discussion (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | | |-+  War
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 17438 times)
KingWarman8
Initiate

View Profile
War
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2005, 09:25:22 PM »

Hey all,yes. what I meant was, Your chartecer ( Theif or Fighter or whoever) arrvies in the Town. you spend about 7 days (a week) their, and then the wars starts. Put alot, and I mean, alot of house. on QFG1,you only had,like, 2 or 3 houses to still from. The old lady house and the Other guy's house and I think one more. and that's it. I think we should have about 5-10 houses to steal from. I know we can't make it just like QFG,we might get sue. but I just saying, putting alot of houses to steal from. plus, you can switch charters in the middle of the game.say, you a magic user, and wanna break into a house, you would have to buy a lock pick and/or a spell,for alot of money, and use it to break into the houses and change from Magic user to thief. or Thief to Fighter,etc... and like paladin said, be charged with fighting/defending the town and stuff and become king or something. and by the way, I'm 13 and my Brother is 23. We are huge ,and I mean HUGE fans of QFG and we was wondering if we both can help in Hero6 by anyways and by anyway join the Team?

Warman
Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
War
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2005, 03:41:08 AM »

Apply within.

So, yeah, sounds interesting. I think...?

The Paladin: To seek, To learn, To do.
-quest board in QFG2

If I ever feel too down or over-inflated, all I have to do is remember one of two things: to the right of me, in some dimension, I am a king; to the left of me, in another dimension, I am a hanged man.
-ME!
KingWarman8
Initiate

View Profile
War
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2005, 04:03:19 PM »

Apply Witith??

It's Intersting to me. cuz if you going to  be a THief, you can't have one or two houes and/or a few missions like on QFG 1 and QFG2. at least put 5 houses or so on it to steal from and alot of stuff. 5 houses, a bank and pickpocket people and stuff. I L ove being Thiefs, only thing I play as.so, I think it would be cool. even with changing charcters in the middle of the game. but if you do, you should have to pay 50 gold or something..
Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
War
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2005, 10:55:07 PM »

I do agree that the theif has been rather short of places to *ahem* visit, but I don't remember there being a class destinction other than a few items/experiences. please, lets not turn this into yet another D&D knockoff.

c/dos
c/dos/run
KingWarman8
Initiate

View Profile
War
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2005, 11:01:14 PM »

I don't play D&D so how can I know if what I said is from D&D if I never played it?

but like I said, at least put more houses/baks/ etc... to *visit*

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
War
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2005, 12:58:31 AM »

D&D (dungeons and dragons) is the basis for games like Baldurs Gate. It is a board game and relies heavily on dice rolls. Character abilities are almost entirely determined by starting class, with minor upgrades at player discretion.

in QfG the character abilities have basic roots in the starting class, but are mainly determined by the attributes that the player decides to invest his/her time in. The main differences between classes in this game are certain minor items/spells/experiences that only a certain class gets (EOF, Shaman Duel, Battle axe/paladin sword/magic staff, etc.).

c/dos
c/dos/run
Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
War
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2005, 12:46:41 PM »

Yes. And that is exactly why I liked this game a lot. Replayability. And the skill system is similar to the one used by The Elder Scrolls series. Much more logical than Kill/level up/spend xp/kill/die/reload/try again.

Also, I had a few ideas for this war. If they have already beed stated in the thread, please forgive me, as I am too lazy to read it all.

Maybe the thief could play assassin for one of the sides, and maybe even bargain with them. As in, keep asking for more to assassinate the enemy general.

And maybe the war could not be one that can make someone choose easily. Maybe both sides are right about some things. Could make choosing a side more...personal.

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
War
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2005, 08:40:04 PM »

Meh. Just kill em all. THAT settles all the problems.

No human, no problem. And one death is a tragedy, but one million deaths is a statistic. - Josef Stalin.

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
War
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2005, 03:11:19 AM »

and he had the highest statistics in that war, if I remember correctly.

c/dos
c/dos/run
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
War
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2005, 03:14:41 AM »

Exactly! Russia suffered the most civilian AND military casualties! But the allies still stuffed the Germans into a barrel and nailed the lid shut. Did I mention that the barrel was filled with pickling fluid?  

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
War
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2005, 03:22:40 AM »

and russia still ended the war with nukes.

c/dos
c/dos/run
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
War
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2005, 04:12:13 AM »

No, they didn't. The United States of America did that part.  

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
War
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2005, 09:32:59 AM »

Sorry, son, but if Saddam is building weapons, we have to stop him...with our weapons - Randy Marsh, South Park

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

KingWarman88
War
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2005, 07:15:12 PM »

nice idea Silverbolt.

I still like my idea though. could you think that we could put in into play or change it around alittle at most??
Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
War
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2005, 01:09:30 AM »

No, they didn't. The United States of America did that part.
I meant that russia ended the war posessing nukes.

and we will certainly remember these suggestions when the time comes to implement them.

c/dos
c/dos/run
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: