Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Offtopic Mayhem (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  Baldur's gate 1...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baldur's gate 1...  (Read 1852 times)
Raito
« on: April 27, 2005, 05:39:21 PM »

Has anyone played this before? I know it's old but I only started on it a few days ago. No spoilers, though, I haven't finished 10% of the game yet.  
Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 07:42:43 PM »

I've played it, but I don't think that I ever got past chapter four. got bored before that.

c/dos
c/dos/run
Raito
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 07:59:16 PM »

Yeah, to be truthful, the story-telling is kinda bland and I'm starting to get really bored.  
Striker
Programming Team
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 08:27:54 PM »

Yeah, I beat quite a while ago, it was quite fun.  Do you have Tales of the Sword Coast expansion?  The storytelling gets a whole lot better in BG2: Shadows of Amn and even more so in Throne of Bhaal. Though, if you want great storylines, try Planescape: Torment, it uses the same engine. BG1's storylines are still better than most of the cookie-cutter crap that I've seen come out of Japan.

My first character in BG1 was a Ranger, but BG2 introduced the monk, so I made a new character rather than transferring. Though... I could have had some fun and made the Ranger into the Archer subclass.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 08:31:32 PM by Striker » Logged
Raito
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 09:57:35 PM »

Well, Japan has a lot of cookie-cutter crap but it does have its' classics. *shrugs* Lack of target audience and such has a lot to do with why the foreign audience never gets to see them.

And let's not forget America's penchant of "rewriting" or "bastardising" plot because it's too intelligent or too offensive for its' audience. That's one of the reasons why Hollywood exists. Ah... America, a walking contradiction of its' values.  
Striker
Programming Team
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 02:06:29 AM »

And let's not forget America's penchant of "rewriting" or "bastardising" plot because it's too intelligent or too offensive for its' audience.

Yeah, like that never happens in Singapore.

EDIT: Whether Yuri has been gone or not, it doesn't matter, I'm ending my troll with a Trollcount of +1 Wink
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 08:41:49 PM by Striker » Logged
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2005, 12:52:56 AM »

In BG2, I played a Half Orcish Halberd Fighter, and used the Dragon's Breath +4 Halberd. Very nice. Excellent trollslayer.

But back to business. I finished it, as has my brother finished it. I didn't find the story bland at all, whoever heard of..Nevermind, that'd be a spoiler...yeah, so would that, so would that.

Have you heard the big thing yet? Something about a father?

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 02:59:34 AM »

you find that out by chapter three

c/dos
c/dos/run
Raito
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 07:13:19 AM »

And let's not forget America's penchant of "rewriting" or "bastardising" plot because it's too intelligent or too offensive for its' audience.

Yeah, like that never happens in Singapore.

EDIT: Whether Yuri has been gone or not, it doesn't matter, I'm ending my troll with a Trollcount of +1 Wink
Because, I don't always frequent the non-member forums since I'm kinda busy atm.

A father??? Damn... no spoilers, I said. :/
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 05:30:02 PM »

Aaah, you'll figger it out soon enough.

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2005, 08:37:34 PM »

A father??? Damn... no spoilers, I said. :/
it's not a spoiler, it's foreshadowing