Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Offtopic Mayhem (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  Which QFG game Did You Play First?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which QFG game Did You Play First?  (Read 17567 times)
Glorioushero324
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2005, 01:41:58 AM »

Gotta love those belzorash patches. They worked wonders on both QFG3 and QFG4 (fyi, it got rid of error 52 completely)!!
Olorin
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2005, 02:20:56 AM »

Actually, I still had a problem with QfG3 even after installing the patches--the Simbani initiation wouldn't work.  So I e-mailed Belzorash (or NewRisingSun, whatever he actually calls himself) in order to inform him that the patch wasn't working.  I thought I'd have to resort to Turbo or CPUkiller, but Belzorash responded promptly with the information that he hadn't actually tested that fix yet, and asked for a saved game of mine just before the bug.  Shortly after I sent him one, he sent me a new version of the patch for me to test.  It worked perfectly, and he updated the patch on his site.

So he seems like a great person.  I am very impressed by what he has done.  paladin  
Glorioushero324
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2005, 02:23:39 AM »

As am i! Amazing work.

If only he could create a patch for QFGI VGA version that actually lets me save games without any problems *hinthint*
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 02:39:58 AM by Glorioushero324 » Logged
Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2005, 06:48:54 AM »

Keep such discussions on downloading games off the forums please. It's not legal to download them. Which also means no PMing either.
Ok, my bad. Sorry.

God, I hate my country...:glare:  

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2005, 01:29:19 PM »

Stupid laws. It's not like anyone would really care, but I suppose the rules must be kept.

Glorioushero324
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2005, 08:43:22 PM »

I guess. There is a saying which iunno if im allowed to say here or not, but fyi, there are NO swear words in it.
Rosella
Squire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2005, 08:41:17 PM »

I bought the remake of QfG1 off eBay, since all the fun on the official Sierra boards seemed to be on the QfG forum.
PANTS
And no, I don't even know what the point of that was.

I have no clue what I'm doing here, and my avatar is temporary. Tongue
Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2005, 09:13:09 PM »

I thought that the original QG1 was better. it actually had an import file for qg2

c/dos
c/dos/run
Kailkay
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2005, 11:00:52 PM »

HQ1. Was there anything greater, as a child?

I never got into those other 'quest' games, like King's Quest and Space Quest and stuff, because of the text parser thingy at the bottom. Constantly. And you'd have to type and move and time it right or you'd die....

Anyways, I beat the Quest for Glory series sometime a week or two after Dragonfire came out. I played them in order, beat them in order, though I did start 3 before beating 2. It's just... my way. I was a child and was scared away from 4, but I went back after my testes dropped and whooped Avoozl's butt.

Then I found my old, borrowed, backup copies of several adventure games. And my like, 5 disk Roberta Williams anthology CD set thing... which I revered. So, I beat all the king's quests prior to VGA (AGDI), whooped... that stupid wizard that scared me as a kid... made it to 4 and gave up, started Space Quest, and beat alluf 'em. Cheesy Somewhere in there I played through LSL 1, 2 and 3, but I... didn't find them appropriate for my age (14/15)... Maybe I should have shied away at the opening thing... but the questions were sooo easy! Anyhow... I also beat Conquests of Camelot and Conquests of the Longbow... Both of which are top notch games...

Okay, the point of all of this typing is losing it's evidence, so I will state it now before posting: I whooped these games. You should too. Find them. They are in great supply on Ebay. Borrow them from a buddy. Ask... someone... <_< and I am sure that if you are really interested in playing these games, these people can help you procure them by giving tips for finding them.

I highly suggest you play through them, if you love the adventure game Genre. Ask any AG fan for a list of these games, and I'm sure you'll get a whopping list that you'll play through till you're a grandparent.

By the way, I've never played Police Quest. Is it a good series?

[edit by Swift] Nice try, Kail. You don't get to do that here.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 03:19:25 AM by Swift » Logged

Doubtless: the end.
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2005, 04:03:22 AM »

I hear in Police Quest, you get to pull people out of cars for being Three MPH over the speed limit and beat them into unconsciousness with your nightstick.

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2005, 05:41:20 AM »

It's called "Realistic simulation" and "Getting into character". *drumfill*
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 05:41:37 AM by Silverbolt » Logged

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2005, 04:21:17 PM »

you can't even give a valid ticket for 3mph over

c/dos
c/dos/run
Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2005, 05:01:29 PM »

Yeah. But you can beat up people with your nightstick. That's realistic cop simulation...

Kailkay
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2005, 05:21:29 PM »

Rats, they figured out my code... *rubs his mischievous, curly moustache!*

Kicking it back on topic... I should find a place to LEGITIMATELY BUY Police Quest. So that I can beat people up with a nightstick. Just like in LA!

Doubtless: the end.
Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2005, 05:52:34 PM »

or search around until you find one of the abandonware sites. I found a copy of warcraft I on one of those.

c/dos
c/dos/run
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: