Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Offtopic Mayhem (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  Which QFG game Did You Play First?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which QFG game Did You Play First?  (Read 17475 times)
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2005, 05:27:12 PM »

I just learnt from the QFMG forums that if you can prove that you did own the original copy of the QFG CD/s, then you can request for someone there (most likely Elsa) to send you the game.

http://www.questformoreglory.com/forums/in...?showtopic=1128

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2005, 05:31:01 PM »

Yeah, well, I can't prove it.  

Pwincess
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2005, 08:49:06 PM »

Or just buy it on EBay  :cheerygrin:

In regards to HQ, it ties with QFG4.  I absolutely loved both games, and considering the number of bugs in QFG1, I certainly prefer HQ.
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2005, 12:18:37 AM »

QfG4 was my favorite for plot and stuff, but the bugs got annoying.

Really annoying.

Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2005, 04:53:48 AM »

Tongue  

Jarada Knight: The Honorable Marshmallow
Pwincess
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2005, 05:11:27 AM »

Or CPU Killer  cheesy  
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2005, 04:30:58 PM »

Slowed my comp down TOO much to be enjoyable.

Jarrod
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2005, 10:05:40 PM »

Hero's Quest.  I then played the rest of the titles as they came out.  (Until 5 which came much later)
Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2005, 07:04:30 AM »

I think it was back it 2000. I was in the seventh grade or so. I was a huge fan of Sierra/Lucas Arts adventure games. I played LsL6, King's Quest 6, and other games.

Ok, Confession time. I'm Romanian. A relatively poor country (well, at least we have plumbing, but we don't use computers. Right now I'm using smoke signals to tell you guys this  Tongue ) and so, while 20 dollars may not be that much to you over there, around here it's a relatively large sum. Hence, I cannot afford to buy original games. I have to resort to making *sigh* pirate copies.

Moving on. A friend of my dad's gave me a CD with tons of games. Camelot, King's quest 5, etcetera etcetera and the Quest for Glory series. I played them all, starting with QFG1 remake, and loved them, but got stuck in QFG 4 because of the copy protection...heh heh. I guess I got what was coming to me. Anyway, format, get a new computer, I never saw that guy that gave me the games again.

For FIVE years I searched for them, and now, finally, In 2005 I got the internet and managed to find a website where I can download them, plus QFG5 from torrent. So now, 5 years and 1 GB of downloads later, I have them all, including the PDF version of the manuals.

This has been the story of a guy that loved the game too much, and led him to his demise...or not.

Hope you're not going to tell the feds what I did  Cheesy  

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

Glorioushero324
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2005, 05:32:52 PM »

Hero's Quest, this was when i was pretty young. Probably when i was 9, so that was in 1996.

EDIT: Where can i find this torrent, and what is the best bittorrent program to use?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 05:33:58 PM by Glorioushero324 » Logged
Igorrr
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2005, 05:54:53 PM »

Hero's Quest: So you want to be a hero.

I was a huge fan of the Quest games such as Space Quest 1-3 and Police Quest 1-2 to that time and also a frequent D&D player. When I saw that Sierra announced a RPG game in the style of their previous Quest games I just HAD to buy it. I was really amazed and kept with the series since.

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2005, 08:09:56 PM »

Hero's Quest, this was when i was pretty young. Probably when i was 9, so that was in 1996.

EDIT: Where can i find this torrent, and what is the best bittorrent program to use?
I'm not sure I'm allowed to post that here. I'll PM you  Cheesy  

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

Glorioushero324
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2005, 11:13:32 PM »

I'm not sure I'm allowed to post that here. I'll PM you  Cheesy
good idea =).
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2005, 01:03:31 AM »

Keep such discussions on downloading games off the forums please. It's not legal to download them. Which also means no PMing either.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 01:04:31 AM by Swift » Logged

Olorin
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2005, 01:18:20 AM »

I played them all in order after buying the Collection Series, starting with QfG1 EGA.  Recently I replayed the series (this time as a fighter/paladin, since I first played as a wizard), and I tried QfG1 VGA.  Personally I think the EGA one is better, but then, I have a strange affinity for the text parser.

Oh, and between Dosbox and the belzorash patches, the bugs in QfG4 really aren't a big deal anymore--I didn't even have to use a slowdown utility my last time through.  Although Dosbox doesn't help if you only have the Windows version (like in the aforementioned Collection Series  Smiley ).  But the belzorash fixes worked wonderful for me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: