Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Role Playing Stories (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  I apologize
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I apologize  (Read 2106 times)
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2005, 04:17:55 AM »

Due to problems with my computer...(I.e., Spyware.) I will be unable to go to the RPS this week. Or next week, probably. Or the week after that. And even if I do get fixed, I haven't been to the MRPS since the very first one, and I'm so detached from the plot that I might as well be a flying squirrel. You may celebrate, rejoice, cry, weep, and squeal like little Guurley Maahn.

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 08:36:33 AM »

Sorry to hear about that. Just to let you know, we've only had two MRPS sessions so far, including the one you joined, so you really didn't miss much at all. You're welcome to join in when you're able to.

As for your spyware problem, have you tried running Ad Aware and Spybot - Search and Destroy? They're both good and free softwares to remove spyware.

Good luck.

Jigen
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 03:22:43 PM »

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! The only character with a GUN much less any kind of stabby impliment has GONE.

IT WAS EARTH ALL ALONG!!!!!! DAMN YOU, YOU DIRTY APES!

And with it, I think it's fair to say my interest has gone too. I wouldn't hold my breath for anymore MRPS folks.

*Flicks the finger QFMG's way and departs without another word.*

Set a match alight, and a man will be warm for a minute.
Set a man on fire and he\'ll be warm the rest of his life.
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 03:34:01 PM »

Jigen, please don't make any rude signs towards QFMG forums.

As for wanting to cancel the visitor-run RP, tis a shame that you feel that way.

Jigen
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 03:44:34 PM »

Hey if anyone else (besides Corair) wants to take it up, that's okay with me. But I took on the MRPS as a playtesting exercise for the Modern Fantasy concept and in that regard it has been an abysmal failure and has taught me all of nothing.

Set a match alight, and a man will be warm for a minute.
Set a man on fire and he\'ll be warm the rest of his life.
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 04:21:59 PM »

Only one MRPS session i've missed? Huh. Maybe I will be able to attend.

And I have been running Ad-Aware and SpyBot. However, there is a file I have ingrained in my Windows folder. I can't delete it manually, nor can Ad-Aware or Spybot remove it. Anyone have some suggestions?

Brassfire
Music Admin
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 04:56:08 PM »

Corsair - if the file is needed by windows then you'll have to find a clean one to replace it with, probably from your installation CD. If it's not needed by windows but just refuses to delete, then you might be able to get rid of it in safe mode, if you do a registry scan afterwards to get rid of unneeded program entries.

Jigen - I'm very sad to hear that you think the MRPS is a failure. I had fun with it and just wish my internet connection was more certain right now.

"A dragon is not going to care if you are gay or not. They are going to eat you anyway."
~Brassfire the Mage~
Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 05:04:24 PM »

you mean the file has embedded itself in your registry? if that's so, you'll have to open in safe mode to delete it.

c/dos
c/dos/run
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 05:12:26 PM »

Huh. I just ran Ad-aware for the umpteenth time. 133 critical objects, but Ad-aware, once again, was unable to remove.

CERES.DLL

Let's see what that acronym is.

You know what? Nevermind. I can post this on IA, but not here.

Jarrod
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 09:45:48 PM »

http://www.webhelper4u.com/tnewswritigs/ceresbuddy_exe.html

Run Adaware and Spybot in safe mode.  Then it should be able to clean that file.  

To get into safe mode: (XP instructions, but will work for most MS OS's)
1. Click Start and then click Shut Down.

2. In the drop-down list of the Shut Down Windows dialog box, click Restart, and then click OK.

3. As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, press F8.  
On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press F8 when the boot menu appears.

4.Use the arrow keys to highlight the appropriate safe mode option, and then press ENTER.

5. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER.

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2005, 01:54:35 AM »

Thanks, Jarrod. I'll try that.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: