Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Role Playing Stories (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  RPS discussion topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RPS discussion topic  (Read 91238 times)
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: August 13, 2005, 02:14:52 AM »

I'll run my little carousel of madness, provided no one has any major objections. Hey, before you pronounce judgment, play it a little.

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 13, 2005, 03:53:47 AM »

Jafar, thanks.

Corsair, I'd like to address some of the comments you made in the chatroom.

<Corsair> I think the plot went over Rosella's head, though.
<Corsair> She's a simple girl with simple tastes, apparently.

<Corsair> Like the naive girl she is, Swift bought it. Then, when he was a fair distance away, he fired off another arrow at Swift, which was stopped by a spell of sorts.

A DM should never insult the intelligence of his party members. Rosella was lost at the part where the werewolf appeared, because you didn't indicate how the werewolf appeared in the story. Even you admitted that the werewolf part was "ill-thought". And the part where I supposedly was a "naive girl" was actually where my character was only pretending to believe him in order to weasel out more information from him. It's rude to make such comments about your own party members. I do not wish to see anymore of this in future. Are we clear?

<Corsair> Furthermore, his character is like 20, yet he's mastered something like 7 styles of Martial Arts.

Jigen's character is 29 years old, so it's not surprising that his character would be skilled in martial arts. And they do tend to receive training at an early age.

<Corsair> He learned Leaping Knee and crushed a man's skull when he was 7?
<Jafar> Hey, I'm just guessing. Why don't you talk to him about it?
<Corsair> Because whenever he's present, so is Swift.

What is that suppose to mean? That I would automatically side with Jigen and pick on you?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 07:43:20 AM by Swift » Logged

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 13, 2005, 04:12:35 AM »

Good grief, lady...geez, am I not allowed to speak my mind? You certainly SEEMED to lap up his little lie, you were more than ready to let him walk away unharmed. As for my remarks about your complete objectivity, yes, you would be predisposed to support Jigs over me. In my opinion, anyway. But feel free to dispute it, I'm not trying to prove something.

Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #963 on: August 13, 2005, 04:18:29 AM »

am I not allowed to speak my mind?
It's now that you aren't allowed to speak your mind, it's that you're being plain rude some of the time.

Oh, and don't insult Rosella. Or your life is forfeit.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 04:23:30 AM by Jafar » Logged

Jarada Knight: The Honorable Marshmallow
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 13, 2005, 04:26:40 AM »

I don't have a problem with you speaking your mind, but I do have a problem with you being rude, making assumptions about people and badmouthing them. Just because my character seemed to have been willing to "let him walk away" doesn't mean she would have done so. As for your dispute with Jigen in the chatroom, more than one person felt that you had provoked him, and so did I. If you have a problem with him, go ahead and address that issue with him privately, and I won't interfere, but if you're going to argue in the chatroom I can't allow that.

I brought up that issue of you talking bad about others in the chatroom because if you want to be a DM, you can't go about insulting others. I won't allow that either.

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 13, 2005, 07:07:14 AM »

Don't tell me you've bugged my house, too. Geez, half the people here must be freaking MI5 agents..

And geminy christmas, I get joked about all the time, and I just laugh it off. Yet I say your character is naive, and you'd think I just said a disgusting racial slur or something.

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: August 13, 2005, 07:17:20 AM »

You're not even making sense anymore, and you're still avoiding the issue. You badmouthed a few people in the chatroom, and this is not your first time either. Keep this up, and you'll have to face the consequences.

Brassfire
Music Admin
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 13, 2005, 07:21:23 AM »

Perhaps because you weren't joking, Corsair. *shrug* At least, that's what it looks like to me.

"A dragon is not going to care if you are gay or not. They are going to eat you anyway."
~Brassfire the Mage~
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: August 13, 2005, 07:46:56 AM »

..Can we drop this? I made a few ill-chosen words, okay? Geez, you can't say boo around here without somebody accusing you of murder.

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 13, 2005, 07:58:50 AM »

Very well, but if I or anyone catch you badmouthing people or insulting their intelligence again, you won't be let off lightly.

Raforever
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #970 on: August 14, 2005, 03:33:35 AM »

I can't run the rps today as I haven't recovered from the flu despite having rested for a few days. You can have a mini rps session in there, or just a general chat. I will be reading the transcripts so no fighting, ok?

Yes, please do  cheesy
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 03:34:54 AM by Raforever » Logged

« Reply #971 on: August 15, 2005, 05:01:08 AM »

My turn!

Corsair what we're trying to tell you is that you have to engage the brain before you open the mouth and try to think about how someone is going to react to what you have to say. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction and all that. You say something offensive (and don't pretend the naive crack wasn't offensive) and people are going to react negatively, don't kid yourself that we're going to sit there and take your sh1t.

And you kinda lost me on the seven year-old thing or the seven styles of martial arts Jigen's supposed to have mastered or anything else where you pulled the number seven out of your butt. What exactly are you on about? I don't recall Jigen saying anything or there being anything in the char sheet about that. Just because I say Muai Thai knee, doesn't mean Jigen has done Muai That. You said it yourself a few weeks ago, this isn't the real world, so if there is no Thailand, logically there is no Muai Thai.
At any rate you don't need to have studied a particular martial art to be able to do certain moves, I could grab your head and jump my knee into you jaw now, I don't have to have studied Muai Thai for fifty years to knee someone in the head, anymore than I have to have played Tennis for fifty years to do a backhand shot.

And no, you can say boo around here, we have just learned that you don't say 'boo' you say 'I'm a man of copious intelligence and everyone who disagrees with me about anything is an idiot and an egomaniac'.
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 15, 2005, 06:49:35 AM »

Ok, now that everyone has spoken, and since Corsair had made a request for this matter to be dropped, I'm going to request that anyone who wishes to discuss this matter further to take it to the private channels. I don't want a flame war here.

« Reply #973 on: August 15, 2005, 09:24:01 AM »

Consider it done
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 15, 2005, 09:46:57 PM »

No rebuttal, because I really don't care, but you need to post logged in next time, jiggy. Makes sure there are no complications. Then everyone is happy.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: