Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Offtopic Mayhem (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  Accents
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Accents  (Read 3159 times)
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2005, 03:54:40 PM »

No, I think most Romanians are pale guys with widow's peaks, who have pointy fangs and drink people's blood.

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2005, 04:38:35 PM »

That's only us, Transylvanians...bla!

And, I admit I am maybe just a tad pale...who am I kidding? The Sun hates me.

Ok, as for the "audition" I can't improvise, so what should I say and how? I need someone to direct me so that I can act. Swift?

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2005, 05:12:08 PM »

First you'll need a recording software. Two free ones you can use are Goldwave and Audacity. They're both pretty good and the sound quality is decent. The second thing is to get a short passage to read if you can't think of anything to say. It can be some lines from Shakespeare, or "Lord of the Rings",   anything. You can even read the audition lines from King's Quest 9 if you know them.

Once you have the sound file, convert it to MP3 (suggested settings are Bit Rate: 96Kbps, Channels: Mono, Frequency: 44100Hz) and send me an e-mail if you need me to host it for you, and I'll upload it here.

I'm going to stress that this is not an audition. We're just having fun with hearing each other.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 06:58:46 PM by Swift » Logged

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2005, 05:40:22 PM »

Hey, if you consider bleeding out the ears "fun"...

Anyway, that's why I said "auditions" in quotes. So I have to write my own lines...damn. Okay, I'll try not to suck.

That came out SO wrong  blink  

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2005, 06:57:24 PM »

You don't have to write out your own lines. It can be from anywhere. You could even do a search online for short passages to read.

Btw, I corrected the links for the recording softwares. You should be able to see the links now.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 07:00:05 PM by Swift » Logged

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2005, 07:51:10 PM »

How about if I make a compilation of me saying various sterotypical accents? From "White Trash Redneck Dad" to "Steve Irwin". Give Politically Correctness a kick in the ba...butt.

I will try not to do any ethnic jokes... cheesy

It seems as deciding on what to say is the hardest part...and I don't have LotR in English. Nor do I have Shakespeare. I do have some personal work but the dialogue is still lacking...gah! I suppose I can't do South Park or Kung Pow, can I?

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2005, 08:18:54 PM »

You can do an online search for any or Shakespeare's works alone and be able to find enough lines to read, but what you suggested is fine as well.

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2005, 08:39:11 PM »

I guess I'll get to it. I still need to be home-alone first. I hate it when my parents look at me like I'm crazy just because I'm talking to my PC...umm, yeah.

And if anyone makes fun of my voice they should fear most sinister retribution, that will, well...hurt and...stuff.

Ignus_Draconus
Famous Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2005, 11:20:56 PM »

crazy because you talk to your PC? that might actually accomplish something. now if you talked to your mirror for the heck of it, that would be crazy.

wait a second. I do that

c/dos
c/dos/run
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: