Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Offtopic Mayhem (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  Hello, everyone.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello, everyone.  (Read 1214 times)
Nosphaer
Initiate

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2010, 08:24:36 AM »

I came upon this site when literally typing "quest for glory 6" into my mozilla search bar, just to see any sites that may have had news of such a project from a distant past and found this site. I saw the username Erasmus and felt relevance to my favorite childhood game series so I registered. I an posting to introduce myself and ask what all is going on among the members of these pages.
Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 10:39:21 PM »

Not much. The game may or may not still be in development, and many of the original hardcore member base have moved on. Still, we do get new people here such as yourself every once in a while, and if you look through, there's lots of links to other cool fan projects and other interesting tidbits, as well as for posting about...well, anything, really.

Short rundown: the game's been in development for 10 years at least. Yeah, long time, huh? Since it's a volunteer project - aka, no money, never was, never will - most people can only contribute a little bit of their time and effort to help crank this stuff out. That, and the fact that "life happens" so that people may have to leave the project indefinitely - along with project mis-management, new people bringing new ideas that need complete rewrites, and advancements in internet culture so creatives can go make their own thing - and you have a VERY VERY VERY slow moving creation process.

Why there's hope: QFG is AWESOME, so much time has been spent that it would be really anticlimactic to throw it all away NOW, and because it's free, there's no budget and thus no way to go OVER budget (so no suits coming down from on high and scrapping the game). So yes, it may take a while, but there's no reason (other then lack of enthusiasm) on why it should STOP being made until it's done.

All that said, I wish the developers WOULD come out and say "We've locked this in place, no more changes or updates, this is 100% DONE and SET IN STONE". Getting some of those yellow lights to turn green could help out with the whole "interest" bit, even if the game's still not ready yet.

The Paladin: To seek, To learn, To do.
-quest board in QFG2

If I ever feel too down or over-inflated, all I have to do is remember one of two things: to the right of me, in some dimension, I am a king; to the left of me, in another dimension, I am a hanged man.
-ME!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: