Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Discussion (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  Celtic elements speculation....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celtic elements speculation....  (Read 1755 times)
Labrynian-Rebel
Initiate

Isn't the lack of tourists a good thing?

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2009, 10:03:13 PM »

This, of course, only applies to those not working on the game and, like myself, await in anticipation. Now Hero6 is said to have a Celtic theme, now with this in mind, what kind of Celtic mythological stuff do you think will be in the game? 100% speculation of course, just have fun.
Kaibuk2002
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 11:04:27 PM »

Well magic involving the forces of nature would be cool, vines grabbing your enemies and golems rising to assist the magic user would be cool.  For fighters the two handed sword as an experienced sword fighter authenticity in that aspect would be cool.  Thief would be typical, pick pockets breaking and entering etc.  Setting in the highlands or wilderness, random people in kilts.  That's what i think, you?
Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 07:47:42 AM »

A Celtic theme...?

Well, then, if we're going up to the British Isles (how about Morimer as a name?), I think Holy Grail (both Python and Legend) and Robbin Hood (In Tights and Legend) references will go through the roof. For interesting source material, it would be cool for the story-boarders/artists to play through Conquest of Camelot and Conquest of the Longbow (both old Sierra games) for inspiration: they both seem to have VERY authentic and Druidic-styled takes on the legends in question, and it would be a nice tribute if some of the material came from another Sierra classic.

If Robbin Hood is used, it would be cool if "King Richard" turned out to be a Liontaur...;-)

Also - and I know this kind of goes against the Coles' game styles as it can put too much of a damper on the humor - perhaps it would be interesting to have the land war-torn and ravaged. Most towns (with the exception of the capital the Hero would use as a "base") would be partially or totally destroyed, with most people just trying to survive, while battlefields would mark the "wilderness" for the random encounters. The Boarders on the map would be a combination of water and mountains on three sides, with the "North" being a large battle: if The Hero approaches without proper equipment/skills/knowledge/reason (plenty of warnings from the townsfolk and the screen before will show the battle in the distance, of course), he will be "killed in battle" as soon as he arrives.

...wish I knew how to properly code/draw so that I could actually make these things a reality, but I wasn't blessed with the abilities.

The Paladin: To seek, To learn, To do.
-quest board in QFG2

If I ever feel too down or over-inflated, all I have to do is remember one of two things: to the right of me, in some dimension, I am a king; to the left of me, in another dimension, I am a hanged man.
-ME!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: