Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Discussion (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  An old friend...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An old friend...  (Read 2292 times)
scidhuv
Initiate

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2009, 01:44:07 AM »

Hey everyone,

I decided to do my 6 monthly check-up on the project, and im a little disappointed to see the community appears to have completely quietened down now. I have been coming here for so many years now, even before I started to use google. Congratulations to Paladin on your continuing to visit .. and anyone else if you are still there behind the scenes.

My hopes are to see the rest of the project completed. My guess is that you do not need a programmer, seeing as the scripting language is fairly understandable - but if you do want one, I am available to put whatever is needed from the programming side to finish off the game - and any other sides - except audio (unless you think the game would suit psytrance :-p) and art

I believe finishing the project would be a nice legacy and true sequel to what was my favourite game of all time - Quest for Glory 4. The game affected me in so many ways - from inspiring me to become a game developer (from which I have produced major work in other games such as Call of Duty - 6000 servers are directly running my code right now)  - and pushing through to university (in my final year now) of game development. I have never before, or since - cried while playing a game - but I was so involved with the story the death of 'toby' had me in tears. I still sometimes dream of fictional places which have sprung from the QFG universe, perhaps once a year. My last dream was recent and was beautiful: in the dream, I sat up and looked in a mirror, and saw that I was Katrina. I walked upstairs out of this dungeon and found myself staring out from the ramparts of a castle into the mordavian valley. I couldn't have wished more for a dream like that to ever happen to me, so it was nice Cheesy

Hoping the adventure can live on ^^
Ryan

p.s If your reading this Brassfire, I hope your well and got through those difficult times
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 01:46:03 AM by scidhuv » Logged
Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 08:36:24 PM »

Unfortunately, it looks like we'll know if this game is done for by July of this year: the domain-name is set to expire then. So if nobody is continuing to work on this game, then the site will cease to be.

It would be nice if, before the domain is taken offline, someone from development would at least come in and let it be known officially that the game is over or not. That way, the hope and work of over a decade can at least be acknowledged in some small way.

The Paladin: To seek, To learn, To do.
-quest board in QFG2

If I ever feel too down or over-inflated, all I have to do is remember one of two things: to the right of me, in some dimension, I am a king; to the left of me, in another dimension, I am a hanged man.
-ME!
Coco
Administrator
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 11:18:47 PM »

If it makes you feel any better I'm pretty sure the domain won't go down in July (unless I forget to pay some bills). The site itself is still used quite a bit so I plan to keep it up and running, at least for now.

Of course the bad news is the site is mostly used to help other free projects with hosting type issues. Actual development work on hero6 is kinda lacking of late. I don't think anyone can really say for sure if it's dead but it certainly isn't moving to fast right now.
Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 07:51:15 AM »

Nice to hear that it won't go down, Coco. I actually thought it HAD gone down back in March when I got a consistent 404 error for a week straight, which is why I stopped coming for a while. On a whim, I decided to look...and suddenly find the boards semi-active again in my absence.

...maybe if I leave for another year, when I come back, the game will be finished?

The Paladin: To seek, To learn, To do.
-quest board in QFG2

If I ever feel too down or over-inflated, all I have to do is remember one of two things: to the right of me, in some dimension, I am a king; to the left of me, in another dimension, I am a hanged man.
-ME!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: