Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Game Development
| | |-+  Game Development Discussion (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | | |-+  Mad Adventure Game engine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mad Adventure Game engine  (Read 6279 times)
fiammybe
Initiate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 11:51:25 AM »

Hello,
I am interested in that documentation. I think I'll try to finish my demo game with explanations, and use your documentation in the process. I PM you with more info.

Thanks
Tyr
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 03:53:50 PM »

Hello,
I am interested in that documentation. I think I'll try to finish my demo game with explanations, and use your documentation in the process. I PM you with more info.

Thanks

I'm still haven't tracked it down..I got away to much "junk" on my computer, but as soon as I find it I'll post a link for it.

Anyways, I was thinking and I'd like to toss this out as an idea to the Hero6 Devs/Mods as well as the Devs for the engine itself located on SF.net. Although the only one I know of that is on this board (occasionally) is Daemious however there may be others. Recently as this post has been getting some notice I've actually received a few PMs requesting any info I've received or anything that I may have (manual, tips, tricks, etc) in regards to the engine itself. Now currently the MAD website does have a link to a forum which does not work,

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database
   dry

there is a forum however which is buried (only way to access it is by looking at the project details page). So again, I'd thought I'd throw out the idea of maybe making a sub forum here for MAD specifically. This could either fly like a bird or like a rock as this forum does has it's ups and downs. I can already picture two people posting back and forth , but at the same time there is a wealth of knowledge here as well. Hero6 to my knowledge is the only group using this engine to build a fully featured game, and not just some guy playing with it in his basement aka me Tongue. But as it appears there are others looking to at least play with it or perhaps use it for an idea that they may have. But having a board here could not only help Promote you game. (link on the sf site maybe) but maybe even bring in some talented programmers/scripters for your project (should you still require it) but could also promote this engine for use outside of Hero6.  I'm not suggesting that we use this boards as a "I'm making a game, and I don't know how to do XXXX can you give me the script that you used" Although I'm use this will happen from time to time. I myself am curious how you pulled some things off (Stats editing in particular, if you're using the standards QFG model Tongue) But that's for you to know and for me to try and figure out.

I'm sure many of you have at least checked out the AGDI boards if not go there regularly, and if you've looked under the game programing forum there are plenty of questions in reference to AGS where members of the board help each including AGD's when they have the time, I think it's better than the AGS forum itself at times (not that I'm comparing you to them by any means).

Anyways it's a thought

Cheers,
--Tyr
fiammybe
Initiate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 01:35:41 PM »

The problem is that Sourceforge did a change in mySQL database servers some time back. That broke all the applications that I know of. If nobody did a migration, it won't work any more.

I proposed to the MAD project admins on SF to help them, but I got no response... Sad, because a good web site is a first step for getting new users, next to a good support forum with knowledgeable people.
Outchanter
Music Team
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2007, 01:27:25 PM »

If MAD is really the only open source engine approaching AGS, it's a pity it hasn't been advertised as such - large scale testing is probably just what's needed to thrash out the remaining bugs.

Ye find yeself in yon dungeon. Ye see a flask.

What wouldst thou deau?
Alliance
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2007, 03:03:15 PM »

It's a shame, it isn't supported on Linux yet.
As an Ubuntu user, I would love to be able to make Linux-compatible games with MAD. (Though, I would love a simple interface similar to AGS running on top of it!)

http://s2.phpbbforfree.com/forums/dogmadaygames.html
Dogma Day Games Forums- Because we decided to make one.
Outchanter
Music Team
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2007, 02:08:08 PM »

There is actually a Linux port for playing AGS games natively, although it doesn't include the game editor. Have you tried running the editor in Wine?

Ye find yeself in yon dungeon. Ye see a flask.

What wouldst thou deau?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: