Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Official Hero6 News (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  A little update
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A little update  (Read 3165 times)
Valiant
Plot Admin
Initiate

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2004, 09:13:45 AM »

Well hello everyone, it's been a while since you guys have seen an update on this site. As you might have read in the forums and old newsposts it's been a difficult time for hero6. Some of our members have been too busy in their own lives to contribute to the project. As a result, things have slowed down a the last months.

But to give every loyal visitor  Wink a true reward i've uploaded a small example of the work we have been busy with in 2004. The hero6 backgrounds have been edited to improve the overall quality and, personally, i'm very happy with the result. In the image, that is attached to this text, you'll see the background improving from sketch to final game material. The fun thing about working in a team such as hero6 is that you can gradually improve your own skills as well. We are still searching for one or two artists that can help us out in the area of sprites and animations. Anyone interested please drop a message at gronagor@hero6.com with a few examples of his work.

As for the hero6 progress, don't worry, we will continue to work on this project and it will be finished. In a few weeks you will get a more detailed overview of our current status  Smiley  

* artimprovement.gif (158.77 KB, 320x240 - viewed 374 times.)
Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 09:16:59 AM »

Whoa! Thats beautiful! Amazing art! Keep up the good work! Insert compliment here!

Jarada Knight: The Honorable Marshmallow
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 01:58:41 PM »

I agree. It's very good. Kudos!

Bromario
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 08:54:59 PM »

Wow its about time lol i was begging to worry that hero6 QUITED NO!!!!!!!!!!
o well i hope you guys contiune and make it real quick cause i am impaticent!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!        :angry:
 huh
 blink
 rolleyes
 ph34r  
Louisiana Night
Squire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 10:34:35 PM »

pic= cool

*waits for status report Cheesy  

The Silver Lining

Jafar the Greenie human, had a very shiney skin. and if you evver saw it, you would even say it glows! like a light bulb!

-quote from SorceressSwift
Erasmus
Plot Admin
Squire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 11:27:02 PM »

Also, I wanted to add a note to Valiants report on our status. We've done a LOT of work this year, it is only the last two months that things have slowed down. This happened mostly because many of our artists got extremely busy in their lives, and weren't able to spend much time helping us out. Other members throughout the various departments also have had to take leaves of absence to their busy lives. This has left us with a skeleton crew trying to do the work. Hopefully things should speed up shortly, and a few members have been able to return to offer their services once more. We'll try to keep everyone updated with our progress. Rest assured, this past year has been extremely productive. In fact, probably the most productive ever. Lots of art, programming, music, dialogues, and descriptions were created and coded this past year. While we have experienced several slow points in our history, it can only be expected when we're working on a volunteer basis, especially since we have very high standards. Most of the people we get to work wind up getting jobs in the same field where they can get paid. That leaves us a little out in the cold. Hopefully we'll have some more to show you guys soon.
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 01:25:27 AM »

I have to ask this... are you guys going to hire anyone for the writing team? Jafar and Kailkay sent in their applications, but I don't recall hearing any news on that.

tinfoil
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 02:11:57 AM »

Whoohooo!! Thanks for finally putting up something!  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw an update.  Thought it was an error in the page.  Glad to hear something is still going on back there.  Thats all we want to know, that and when the game is coming out, but I guess that's too much to ask for  Cheesy .
Erasmus
Plot Admin
Squire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 02:49:30 PM »

I recieved several applications for new writers. However, I picked out only two applicants who had the best applications. One was a playwriting major and did professional writing, and the other was a professional editor. Unfortunately, both applicants disappeared after being accepted. I guess real-life caught up with them as well. At the moment I'm not reviewing any new apps, but I will let everyone know when it gets to a point where I can safely start looking for new writers.
Raito
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 08:48:46 AM »

Just to let everyone know, yes, we're working very hard to finish up this game. Given the ultimate shortage of sprite artists, I've tried to help in a bit. Dunno what the results will be like.  rolleyes  
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2005, 05:34:48 PM »

Just as long as we don't have Elite Programmer monkeys hammering out code that makes bananas bounce in my monitor, I'll be happy.

Raito
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2005, 05:39:29 PM »

Just as long as we don't have Elite Programmer monkeys hammering out code that makes bananas bounce in my monitor, I'll be happy.
Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!! *runs around in hysterics* I can't believe I wrote a 9 page dialogue. I think someone's going to be on the programmers' "To Kill" list. Time to arrange a getaway before the mafia gets to me.   :'(
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 03:28:04 AM by Swift » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: