Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Role Playing Stories (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  Morrowind RPS Transcript
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Morrowind RPS Transcript  (Read 2718 times)
Reish Vedaur
Plot Team
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« on: October 15, 2005, 11:52:48 PM »

Julius, Morava, Worshipper, Ash_slave: Bierhoff
Kael: serow081
Cevinom: ReishVedaur

Chapter 1
Part 1[/u]

<Bierhoff> You stand in the center of a round room with your companions. Around you are triangular stellas dedicated to the various deities and saints of the Tribunal.  In front of you stands a dark elf dressed in a green robe.  Beside her is a man dressed in an expensive suit.

<Julius> Ah, welcome.  We've been expecting you.  I trust you all have had a pleasant trip.
<Cevinom> Well, I'm not dead.

* Kael grins

<Kael> Thank you, Julius.
<Morava> Let's get down to business.  Recently the Nerevarine defeated Dagoth Ur at the center of the Red Mountian to the north of here.  For generations the Red Mountain has been controlled by Dagoth Ur's minions.  Now is our chance to reclaim the centre of Vvardenfell issuing a new golden age for the Dunmer people.
<Julius> This is where you come in.  Once the Blight Storms ended, the Ordinators, Redorians Warriors, and Boyant Armigers began moving in to sweep up the remains of Dagoth Ur's followers.  At the same time, we've had numerous reports of looters venturing into the recently cleared ruins.  As these are Dwemer ruins all materials recovered from them are legally the property of the East Empire Trading Company by virtue of a monopoly granted by the Emperor.  Therefore, you have been hired to secure our property for us.

* Kael thinks about property securement with a grin ~

<Morava> In light of recent events the Temple's servants have been securing captured complexes, but we simply do not have enough forces to do so for all the strongholds while continuing our offensive
<Julius> No doubt this will change once we convince the Imperial legions to contribute to our efforts
<Morava> We would never allow the outlanders to take secure positions in the heart of our ancestral

* Morava glares at Julius

<Morava> home.
<Julius> At any rate, you will proceed up Foyada Mamaca to the Red Mountain.  Once you reach the top head west.  The path will turn north and you will find some dwemer ruins a short way down the path, on the left.  Your job will simply be to clear the interior of the complex of looters or ruminants of the sixth house and mountain its security until you can be relieved by members of house Redorian
<Julius> Do you have any qustions?
<Kael> What assistance can you give us?
<Julius> I'm afraid that at the moment our resources are tight.
<Morava> Here take these scrolls

* Kael moves over

* Morava hands a scroll to Cevinom and Kael

<Kael> i see...

* Kael glances over the scrolls

<Cevinom> You expect two men to enter such hotly-contested ground alone, clear out all resistance and hold the position?
<Morava> These scrolls will bring you back here if you get into caste the spell on them
<Julius> In short yes.  We were told that you men were the best, but if you feel you are not up to the task...
<Kael> Take it easy, this is standard procedure.
<Kael> No one goes in unprepared.
<Julius> I should hope not
<Kael> Now, do you have any intelligence on how these looters operate ?
<Kael> Anything special we should look out for ?
<Kael> If not, I assume you're allowing us to go in with the "kill first, questions later" mindset
<Morava> There is nothing too special about the looters.  They usually move through the ruins one level at a time.
<Julius> please feel free to dipose of them as you please
<Kael> Hmm... ok, sounds good enough
<Kael> How far to this Foyada ?
<Julius> The hitch is not in the looters.  There are still elements of the Sixth House active please remove them as well, if you find any.
<Morava> the Foyada is just to the north of the Gate below us
<Kael> We shall assume all are looters then *grin*
<Julius> yes
<Kael> Well i've heard all i want to hear, u have anything else on your mind Cev ?
<Cevinom> Nothing.

* Cevinom pushes the scroll into a loop on the inside of his robe.

* Kael grins at Cevinom, and proceeds to pocket his own scroll.

<Julius> Before you leave you should know that you may take any dwemer equipement you think will be useful, but the rest belong to the Emperor
<Julius> and he'd be most displeased to learn he had been stolen from
<Kael> Hey, we're honest guys out for a living, we won't shortchange the Emperor

* Kael smiles as he says that

<Julius> Good, you may proceed

* Cevinom stands and turns straight towards the door, stepping without any words or hesitation.

<Kael> Cev, you think this is going a bit too much ? The 2 of us taking on an entire ruins complex

* Kael whispers to Cev

<Cevinom> I look forward to it.  Let's move.

* Kael is proceeding with Cev

* Cevinom walks down the hall. "Do you need anything before we leave?"

<Kael> More backup, for one thing.
<Cevinom> There is no need.
<Kael> It's times like these i miss that dangass Dukair

* Kael heads towards the direction of the Foyada

<Bierhoff> There is a door in the side of the hall.  You know it leads outside, to the ghost gate

<Kael> Here we go...
<Kael> Not much of a view here huh? Rocks and more rocks...
<Kael> Great place for a stash, terrible to live in...
<Cevinom> I'm not interested in a view.
<Kael> I prefer the countryside actually.

<Bierhoff> After exiting the door you pass through the Gate.  Ghostgate's gate slams shut behind you.  Directly in front of you is a triangular pillar with a touch pad to reopen the gate.  Beyond that a large foyada rights between two peaks.  It is sloped up hill and grows steeper the higher it goes.  In the distance, at the end of the foyada you can just make out the peak of Red Mountain.  A little ways up the large foyada a small foyada joins it from the right (east).  From the number of tracks on the floor of the smaller foyada you can see it has been heavily trafficked.

* Cevinom bends down and pulls the bottom section of his robe up, tying it to keep it from getting dirty as he climbs the dusty path.

* Kael thinks of the long uphill path ahead and sighs

<Kael> Forgot to ask them how long was the path ahead...
<Kael> Looks like we've got ourselves into a big hike.
<Kael> I don't suppose you want to race to the top ?
<Cevinom> Stop acting like a child.  Let's just get this over with.
<Kael> Yeah i knew you'd say that
<Kael> Let's get it started then.

* Kael starts tracking up the path.

* Kael stops at the cross-section

<Kael> I don't suppose you want to check out this other path, do you ?
<Cevinom> If you really feel that it's necessary, I suppose I will have to accompany you.
<Kael> I don't think it's necessary at all. But then again life has its surprises. Let's just take a quick look shall we?

* Kael starts taking steps towards the east-leading foyada

* Cevinom follows. "Lead the way. Wouldn't want you to feel like you had no control."

<Bierhoff> You round a bend in the foyada and are now facing north.  In front of you the foyada comes to an abrupt end at the steep slopes of a mountain.  In front of the slope there is a triangular stella similar to the ones inside the temple in Ghostgate.  There is a figure dressed in a plain grey robe with a hood covering its face kneeling before the stella.  You can just make out a faint glow coming from an object on the ground between the worshiper and the stella.

* Kael observes silently for a moment

<Bierhoff> There is a flash of light.  The glow on the ground has disappeared, but now the worshiper seems to shimmer oddly.

<Cevinom> Do you see what your curiosity gets us?

* Worshipper stands and turns arround

* Worshipper Begins walking calmly down the path towards you.

* Kael waits for his approach

<Bierhoff> as the worshipper approaches you notice swellings under its robes on its chest.  You suspect the worshipper is female

<Worshipper> Hello, are you here to meditate at the shrine of Pride?

* Cevinom looks to Kael, but says nothing.

<Kael> the shrine of Pride? oh no we actually weren't here for that, we were hoping to find a shrine of luck to meditate for our journey ahead
<Worshipper> haha, I'm afraid you are out of luck.  I do not know of such a shrine, but so many things are changing now perhaps there will be one soon.
<Worshipper> Strange happenings have been going on in the temple... I've heard Almelexia and Sotha Sil have vanished and now that Nerevar has returned who knows what will happen...
<Cevinom> So you are on the Pilgrimage?
<Worshipper> Yes I have nearly completed the pilgrimage of the graces. there will be a lot of changes soon.  This pilgrimage has become much easier now that the blight storms have ended.  The East Empire Trading Company has taken a great deal of interest in this region.  I expect they hope to mine the many Dwemer ruins here.  The Temple is also planning on constructing new shrines to commemorate the deeds of Nerevar and the Nerevarine.  With all this business Ghostgate is becoming quite busy.  There is a rumour that a strider port may soon be built.
<Kael> The pilgrimmage of the graces? *nudges Cev*

* Worshipper gives Kael an odd look

<Kael> i'm sorry, i'm not too familiar with the workings of religion
<Kael> I'm sorry if we had disturbed your meditation
<Worshipper> That's ok, I'm a recent convert myself.  Now if you'll excuse me I must be going, but if you wish to have the blessings of pride give a soulgem to the shrine and meditate
<Worshipper> my meditations were complete, thank you for your kind concern though

* Worshipper walks past you down the mountain

* Cevinom gives Kael a look of near ridicule, then turns back to the pilgrim and nods.

* Kael grins

<Kael> hey, i'm not a religious guy myself you know
<Cevinom> Regardless, the pilgrimmage is a common sight.  I'm not worshipping, but if you feel the need then go ahead.
<Kael> well, we don't have a soulgem, but i suppose a few words of prayer never hurts anyone's pride does it? *grin*

* Kael laughs at his own joke HAHA

* Kael steps to the shrine, kneels down and utters a simple prayer, asking for blessings along the road

<Bierhoff> Kael feels a snse of peace come over him, but no other effect

* Cevinom keeps perfectly quiet about the fact that he has two soul gems in his robe.

<Kael> well, that felt good. you should give it a try
<Cevinom> I worship no such idol.  Shall we continue?
<Kael> I suppose i'm the only one who can stand your boring travelling habits. Yes let's go

* Kael waits for Cev to lead the way

* Cevinom practically grunts and continues back to towards the previous path.

<Bierhoff> You return to the main foyada. continue up it.

<Bierhoff> After half an hour hiking to your left (the west) you see a figure with bluish skin and lifeless black eyes (an ash slave) stumbling towards you, it hisses meanessingly.  Behind it you see the entrance to a cave.

<Kael> Looks like bad news. You wanna bother with it? or "No. Let's Go." ?

* Cevinom faces the ash slave directly, staring it down with the same expressionless look as he had before, both arms under his robe.

* Kael steps aside, expectantly waiting for Cev to finish off the ash slave

* ash_slave raises his arms.  A ball of flame leaps towards Cev.

* Kael watches as the ball of flame leaps toward Cev

* Cevinom waits until the fireball moves forward and takes a quick step to the side, not much unlike what you would see in a fencing match, then takes a quick run forward, throws his left hand out to blast out with his flame pulse followed quickly with him drawing his rapier and stabbing forward towards the chest with his entire body following form.

<Bierhoff> (4 mana) Cev's robe is badly singed, but he is uninjured.  His flame knocks the Ash slave back.  There is a smell of burnt flesh is the air as Cev's rapier drives through the ash slave's chest.

* Ash_slave 's body sags pulling Cev's rapier out of his hand

* Kael raises an eyebrow

* Cevinom tries but fails to pull the rapier out before it is pulled away, and instead brings his hand down and pulls the stiletto from his thigh, stabbing it down towards the crown of its head.

<Bierhoff> The stilleto scrapes along the skull of the Ash slave leaving a bloody wound.

* Ash_slave falls to the ground and twitches once.

* Kael reminds himself to get a backup weapon

* Ash_slave and then lies motionless

* Cevinom kicks the body over, pulling the rapier back out and slipping both the rapier and stiletto to their respective sheathes.

* Kael smiles and claps gently 3 times

<Cevinom> The cave, or the objective?
<Kael> you just reminded me that i need to get a backup weapon. can't always rely on this piece of wood
<Kael> the cave
<Kael> let's go find a backup weapon

* Kael grins

<Cevinom> Very well.

* Cevinom seems a bit less cold having freshly killed something.

<Kael> You'll have to teach me that move sometime, it's very impressive!
<Kael> Although i can't command fire as you can
<Cevinom> Just some things I've picked up along the way.

* Kael starts walking towards the cave

<Bierhoff> In the faint light from outside you see that the cave opens into a large cavern.  Stalagmites hang from the ceiling in the center of the cavern casting shadows on the far side.  In these shadows you think you hear a rustling sound and see movement.

* Kael uses Sensing to try and make out a general idea of what's in the shadows

<Bierhoff> (5 mana) Kael senses that there are 4 Ash slaves and something else... something with powerful magic.

<Cevinom> Do we proceed, or would you just like a nice stalagmite?

* Kael absently replies "what" ?

<Kael> oh
<Kael> 4 of em, and something magical. can't tell what it is though
<Cevinom> I would rather not waste our time.
<Kael> oh come on, a little tactics never hurt anyone
<Kael> they don't seem to be coming at us Yet

<Bierhoff> the rustling somes as if its coming closer... to be continued

Lord_Bierhoff
Superhero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 02:15:46 PM »

dun dun da

censeo Carthaginem esse dalendam[/size]
serow
Global Moderator
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 03:52:38 PM »

dun dun da
 rofl

someone HAD to say it ~  
Reish Vedaur
Plot Team
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 03:26:09 PM »

Du`kair: Corsair
Yellow font signifies a post that has been entirely rewritten by Reish.

Part 2

* Du`kair jogs up behind, gasping slightly. "Sorry I'm late. I had some issues involving a lady in the House of Earthly Delights back in Suran..."

* Du`kair grins. "Nice work on that Ash Slave back there, by the way."

* Cevinom glances towards Du'kair briefly, and motions to his robe. "I'm rusty."

* Du`kair examines Cevinom "I don't see any."

* Kael_J grins

<Bierhoff> two ash slaves appear from the gloom of the cavern

* Du`kair curses. "Hellfire."

* Du`kair unsheathes his saber.

* Cevinom looks at Kael and partly scowls. "Your damned curiosity."

* Kael_J shrugs "Hey, we've a little time."

<Kael_J> and besides, you could use some derusting
<Cevinom> Yes, but limited resources. We should leave and get to what matters.

* Kael_J jumps a step back

<Bierhoff> the ash slave on the right launches a fire ball at Kael.

* Du`kair grunts. "You obviously favor your Redguard side rather than your Breton side..."

* Kael_J tries to leap over the fireball

<Kael_J> alright, there's at least 4 of em Duk ~

* Cevinom watches the fireball move, takes several quick and even steps forward, draws his rapier from under his robe and stabs towards one of the Ash Slave's throats, watching the other with his free hand prepared to cast a flame pulse at it in case it approaches.

* Du`kair takes advantage of Cevinom's attack, darting forward and swinging his saber in a hack at the rightmost Ash Slave's eyes.

<Bierhoff> Kael's jump falls short, not entirely able to dodge the fireball.  It catches his feet, setting his boots on fire and throwing him face-down on the ground.  Cevinom's rapier does not fall true, the ash slave turning away and grabbing his wrist as it sails forward.  Du'kair's sabre strikes his targetted ash slave across the eyes, successfully blinding it.

* Du`kair laughs as blood sprays along his blade, along with eye-matter.

* Kael_J rolls on the floor in an attempt to put out the fire on his boots, rolling towards the ash slave nearest Cev

* Kael_J readies his staff in a double grip

* Cevinom steps forward slightly and bends his arm at the elbow, then pushes out towards the side somewhat like a punch to force his arm out of the ash slave's grip, as his left hand grabs the stiletto from his thigh and stabs upwards to strike at the underside of the ash slave's jaw.

* Du`kair takes advantage of a good thing, and spins his saber 180 degrees, sending the tip coursing at high speeds towards the Ash Slave's throat.

<Bierhoff> Kael is unable the extinguish his boots and therefore is unable to stand in an effective stance.  Cevinom manages to break his hand free only to have the ash slave grab his elbow.  This movement by the ash slave intercepts Cev's stiletto and the Ash Slave's arm is grazed.  Du'kair misses the throat, but his sword bites solidly into the Ash slave's shoulder... and then passes into its chest.  It slumps gragging Du's blade with it.  A third Ash Slave emerges from the gloom to Du's right.  It sends a fire ball towards Du.

* Cevinom notes the presence of the third slave and sees its target, shifting his body quickly to ram his shoulder against the ash slave while throwing his stiletto aside to cast flame pulse and give an extra bit of force in an effort to knock the ash slave into the path of the fireball.

* Du`kair curses as his saber falls away, then spins backwards, pulling the bow off his back in a single moving it, bringing an arrow to point at the third Ash Slave.

<Bierhoff> Cev knocks over the ash slave in front of him.  He propduces a mighty fire ball and successfully puts the ash salve in its way. It Ash slave ignites.  Kael manages to kick what remains of his books off.  The glowing embers land at the feet of the fourth ash slave. Du, manages to evade the fire ball. The thrid ash slave fires another at him

* Du`kair screams in agony as the fireball burns into his chest, burning a hole through his leather armor and into his flesh. A patch of black skin darkens and begins to badly blister.

<Kael_J> Hang in there Duk !

* Du`kair releases his arrow blindly, vaguely aiming it at the fourth Ash slave.

* Kael_J now barefoot, leaps toward the 3rd ash slave and attempts to "spear" it with his staff mid-leap

* Cevinom | Letting out a soft grunt and separating himself from the incinerated slave, he picks his stiletto back up and advances in quick even steps to the third slave which has been firing at Du'kair. When he reaches him, he takes a very quick dive forward and to the side, swiping the entire length of the blade in a straight line at the slave's throat.

<Bierhoff> Du's shot goes wild and bounces off the ceiling of the cave and falls useless to the floor.  The 3rd ash slave is saved from Cev's blade by the solid impact of Kael's staff which knocks it to the floor.  It tries to pick itself back up.  the 4rth ash slave sends a fire ball at Kael.

* Cevinom | Becoming very irritated, Cevinom hefts his sword up and throws it sideways, the heavier part at the hilt in the path of the fireball, then grips the stiletto with both hands and dives down, stabbing straight for the fallen slave's heart.

* Du`kair fades in and out of consciousness, his will to fight bruised for the moment.

* Kael_J does a quick forward roll on the ground, and feels the heat of the fireball as it moves above his back, thrusting his staff out like a spear towards the 4th ash slave

<Bierhoff> Cev kills the downed ash slave.  Kael manages to hit the fourth ash slave, but doesn't seem to hurt it.

* Kael_J takes a short leap forward, ending on his feet before the ash slave and swinging his staff in a spiral motion, uses the right end to trip the ash slave, preparing to slam the left end down after the ash slave is tripped

* Cevinom leaves Kael to finish the last one by himself, stepping over to Du'kair and producing his healing potion from the pocket of his robe. It's very obvious that he is not pleased.

<Bierhoff> Kael trips the ash slave. He hears a screeching inside his head.  His temples ach causing him to drop his staff before he can finish the ash slave and drop into a fetal position. A bazaar purplish creature emerges form the back of the cave.  It has tentacles instead of arm and its head is wreathed in small tentacles.  Its eyes seem to be forced shut by its large, creased forehead.  It is wearing a large multicoloured robe at the bottom of which you can make out the ends of at least four tentacles.

* Du`kair accepts Cev's potion and drinks it gingerly, his health restored.  "Ugh. I always hated the flavor of those things. Thanks, Cev."

* Du`kair "Hell's teeth, that thing is ugly." Du'kair grabs his saber and jerks it out of the second Ash Slave.

* Kael_J : momentarily stunned by the presence and screeching in his head, Kael remains motionless and rubs his temples

* Cevinom | "Wrong!" Cevinom steps forward very quickly, grabs Kael by the back of whatever he's wearing, pulls him along and grabs Du'kair, and pulls them both out of the cave with great haste, not caring about any equipment left behind.

* Du`kair curses as he is dragged back. "You left my arrow behind!"

* Kael_J , glad to be away from Whatever that was, is not grumbling

* Cevinom | He hastily throws Du'kair aside, then grips Kael more firmly and throws him against the side of the cliff the cave entrance is on, speaking very firmly, "Next time, we do the mission first. Got it?"

* Kael_J looks gingerly at his bare feet, and nods. "Well, we did see something new didn't we?"

* Du`kair "Aah, It couldn't have been anything worse than a Dremora. I mean, what could it possibly be? Mehrunes Dagon himself?"

* Kael_J moves to Du

* Kael_J whispers: "it could be cev's mum"

* Du`kair replies "True, and I'd fear those more than Molag Bal herself."

* Kael_J glances at Cev and gives a sagely nod

* Cevinom | "Kael, give me your money. You're paying for all the equipment we have to replace -- which we will be doing before we continue, which of course wastes more time and seriously hinders our potential profit, doesn't it?"

<Bierhoff> you hear a scrapping sound inside the cavern. It's approaching the cave enterance

<Du`kair> Cev, it's your fault we didn't get any treasure back there. I could've sworn I saw the glint of forged glass in the corner.

* Cevinom | "Oh, you must be joking." He quickly looks around, then runs up, gripping as best he can to get over the cave's entrance, readying his stiletto.

<Kael_J> I guess that means i'll be the bait then

* Du`kair "Sissy." Du'kair sheathed his sword and pulled out his bow, nocking an arrow to the string and moving towards the entrance."

* Kael_J walks slowly in the open towards the entrance, tempting the unknown

* Cevinom | "If the larger beast comes out, I'm taking him. Du'kair, save your arrows for the ash slaves."

* Kael_J lifts his left hand, palm out, and motions for the unknown to 'bring it on'

<Bierhoff> The ash slave emerges from the cave enterance.  It sends a fireball towards Cev.

* Du`kair releases his arrow as the ash slave comes into view with a spit. "Bite down hard on it!"

<Bierhoff> Du's arrow knocks the Ash slave down.  The ash slave finds being peirced with an arrow somewhat distracting.  Its fireball resembles a candle flame.

* Kael_J points a finger at the cave, makes some tentacle motions with his arms, and points his thumb up, then down, waiting for a response from the others

* Cevinom makes a rather confused look at Kael.

* Du`kair nods.

* Kael_J points to Duk, points to the cave, does the same stupid tentacle motion, then a cutting motion at the throat

* Cevinom | "I wouldn't tempt fate," he says just loudly enough to be heard.

* Du`kair repeats Kael's motions, then makes a confused expression.

* Kael_J gives a -_- look and folds his arms

* Du`kair whispers "What do you mean, cut it's throat?"

* Kael_J slaps his forehead silently and turns around, mumbling and shaking his head

* Kael_J turns back around, quickly sprints toward the downed ash slave and bends down

* Kael_J removes his boots and plucks Du'Kair's arrow out

* Du`kair "Thanks." Du'kair grabs the arrow out of Kael's hand and slides it back into his quiver.

* Kael_J happily puts on the boots, glad that he doesn't have to feel the uncomfortable mountain trail bare-footed anymore

<Bierhoff> You hear the ringing of low pitched bells inside the cave. the sound resonates deeply stirring odd feelings in you

<Kael_J> You guys feel that ?
<Kael_J> Reminds me of the time we made this thing called sarsheemee at home, somehow.

<Bierhoff> The music is strangly calming

* Du`kair smiles, as if gazing into the distant past. "Funny, it reminds me of Kelar somehow."

<Bierhoff> you feel almost drawn to it

<Cevinom> What are you fools going on about?
<Kael_J> Don't you feel it, it's that sharsheemee feeling all over again.

* Du`kair begins walking forward against his better judgment, through the cave entrance.

* Kael_J seeing Du'kair make his move, slowly walks towards the cave as well.

* Cevinom | "You stupid damned fools." He practically snarls and hops down from the cave entrance, compelled not by the music but by the need to keep these two alive.

* Kael_J notices Cevinom and asks "You coming too?"

* Cevinom grunts. "You're not going in without me."

* Du`kair walks into the room, completely offguard. "Kelar? You old devil, are you in here?"

* Cevinom picks his rapier back up along the way.

<Bierhoff> Du collapse on the ground, asleep

* Kael_J notices Duk's collapse and briefly is free from the enchantment, moving to Duk's side

<Kael_J> Hey Duk, you alright ? *then notices Duk is asleep*

* Du`kair mumbles out an incoherent sentence.

<Bierhoff> The music grows louder.  It seems somewhat agitated

* Kael_J unprepared, is again entranced by the rousing music.

* Cevinom watches Kael's eyes glaze over, scowls, and rams the butt of his stiletto into Kael's side.

* Kael_J snaps out of the entrancement and yells out "What the !?"

<Bierhoff> the music suddenly stops.  A ball of lightening leaps from the dark, near the source of the music towards Cev.

* Du`kair blinks, the halting of the music and the crack of lightning awakening him.

* Kael_J belatedly realises something and shouts the painfully obvious "It's a trap!"

Reish Vedaur
Plot Team
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 03:31:23 PM »

Part 3

* Cevinom is only slightly startled by the sudden lightning, stepping away quickly.

* Du`kair "Tell me something I don't know, genius!" Du'kair snarled, jumping to his feet and freeing his saber from it's scabbard, then charged the source of the music..and the lightning.

<Bierhoff> Cev avoids the lightening, but trips over Kael. Du, you see the purplish creature behind a set of five large bells.  On either side of the bells is a rough statuette standing at about waist height.

* Du`kair murmurs to himself "You sure are ugly."

* Cevinom grunts as he stands, pulling his robe off and stepping around the bells and statues towards the left flank of this creature, both his rapier and stiletto still in hand and at the ready.

* Du`kair rather than move around the bells, Du'kair jumps into a leap, his saber helt out point-first, gripped in two hands.

* Kael_J steps towards the entrance of the cave, standing over the body of 1 of the downed slaves. he shouts "incoming!!" and launches the body of the slave towards the source of the lightning using telekinesis

* Du`kair *Addition* Attempts to twist to the side to avoid the flying corpse.

<Bierhoff> The creature appears to pays no attention to Cev.  Du clears the bells, but the creature has side steped so that Du is between the creature and Cev.  The body is in transit (somewhere over the bells) (Kael -5 mana intial, -1 for every following round).

* Cevinom | "You take the right side." Cevinom's pace grows more rapid, turning towards the left side, watching the tentacles on his side carefully, wrist cocked out to prepare a defense with his rapier at any moment.

* Du`kair turns and slashes at the creature's tentacles viciously, hissing as he does so.

* Kael_J rushes forward towards where he noticed his staff was and picks it up. Switching to his double grip, Kael moves toward the others.

<Bierhoff> Du cuts deeply into the creature's right tenticles.  A howl of pain echoes between Du's temples as a result.  His senses reel.  Cev comes up beside Du.  The corpse hits the creature frocing it to stumble as it began to cast a flame spell; aborting the spell.

* Cevinom uses this distraction to throw his weight behind the blade of his rapier in a VERY hard and VERY fast stab aimed straight through the beast's center.

* Kael_J stops maintaining his focus on the corpse as he hears something hit. He looks and sees the 3 engaged in melee. Squatting for a brief moment, he kicks and jumps towards the creature, trapping it in a triangle formed by the 3.

* Du`kair falls back, clutching his temples in pain, his thought obliterated by a blinding flash of pain. He fell back against the bells, causing one to ting. Du'kair's fingers wrapped around his sword after a few seconds, the pain seemed to clear.

<Bierhoff> Cev hits the creature solidly, but his blade penetrates far less than he had hoped it would.  He feels the grating of bone at the tip of his blade.  The creature stumbles back.  Kael successfuly lands behind the creature.

* Cevinom strains his wrist slightly, though he does not show any sign of pain. He draws the blade back, then advances and stabs again, lower.

* Kael_J swings the right side of his staff high towards the creature's head. he then twists towards his left in a circle and brings the left side of his staff towards the creatures lower half.

* Du`kair dives underneath the monster and stabs upwards as hard as he can.

<Bierhoff> The creature's left tenticle stricks Cev solidly as he thrusts, causing his attack to miss.  Kael's first strike bounces off the creatures head with a solid crack, causing the head to bob.  His second strike lands well, but has no noticable effect.  Du's blade slices through the creature's robe and bites into its flesh.

* Cevinom stumbles to the side slightly, holding his left arm to his ribs for a moment, then moving too close for the monster to whip with the tentacles, stabbing towards its side several times rapidly with his stiletto.

* Du`kair stabs upwards again, aiming for the newly-made hole in it's underside.

* Kael_J realising that his staff strikes are better for harrying the creature, continues with his series of high and low strikes to try and slowly push the creature towards the wall.

<Bierhoff> Cev peirces the creature's skin 3 times, but never deeper than a quarter of an inch.  Du misses his first hole, but his second is half an inch deeper.  The creature responds to Kael's attacks and is forced towards the wall.  This iritates the creature and it wraps its left tenticle around Kaels staff while striking at Du with its right tenticle.

* Du`kair grunts as the tentacle smashes into him, hurling him a few feet. Du'kair groans and clutches his ribs.

* Kael_J sticks the left side of this staff onto the ground and using the ground and the creature's left hand as support, grabs his staff with both hands and does a drop kick onto the creature's body

* Cevinom grows increasingly irritated by this fight, dropping the rapier and thrusting downward into the creature with both hands on his stiletto.

<Bierhoff> Kael kicks the creature into the wall.  It bounces back looking worse for the wear.  It's clothes are tattered and blood soaked.  It no longer appears to be able to use its limbs to cast spells.  Cev's stiletto sinks into the creatures chest.  It weakly swings at him with its right tenticle.

* Kael_Jor snaps out of his stupor

* Du`kair places his blade in the large gash in it's underbelly. "Treasure. Direct us to it, or I end the game for you. Permanently."

* Kael_Jor glances at the bells

* Du`kair sneers. "You aren't seriously thinking of lugging THOSE back to Ald'Ruhn.

<Kael_Jor> i was more wondering what could we do with those.

<Bierhoff> The creature bats Du's sword away from it

* Cevinom tugs his stiletto from the end to twist it upward inside of it, pulling apart whatever muscles or organ it may be driven into.

* Du`kair raises his sword and brings it down on the weakened tentacles. Hard.

* Du`kair sighs. "I hope it survives. I don't want to putter around here all day, looking for it's treasure trove.

* Kael_Jor starts examining the bells... without striking it of course

<Bierhoff> Cev's stiletto produces a sickening slicking sound and then a wet pop.  The creature falls forward, towards Cev.  Bits of tenticle fly from Du's attack.  The bells are thick.  They are made of a black metal and have runes carved into them

* Du`kair roars "Tell us now!"

<Bierhoff> it's an ex-monster

<Kael_J> Hmm they're some runes here, anyone reads this kinda stuff ?

* Cevinom grunts and pulls the stiletto out, knocking the corpse aside and wiping some of the blood off. "I might be able to. Don't count on anything."

<Kael_J> Oh don't be so grumpy, we got out of this in one piece didn't we? *grin*
<Kael_J> We got all our stuff back, i got a new set of boots. It's all part of the mission ya know ? *grin*

* Du`kair retrieves his lost arrow.

<Du`kair> Treasure, too.
<Du`kair> There's gotta be some treasure here.
<Kael_J> Actually, i'm more concerned about the runes here.
<Du`kair> I don't care about your stinking runes.
<Du`kair> I want me dinner on a gold platter tonight.
<Kael_J> If they're some sorta warning system, then whoever's watching will know someone's here and kicked that thing's rear.
<Du`kair> And an Ebony longsword at my side.
<Du`kair> Meh.
<Du`kair> We killed five Ash slaves and an ugly tentacle thing.
<Du`kair> What's the worse that could happen?

<Bierhoff> The writing on the bells is very angular and generally unfriendly looking.  You thinking they look vaguely like elven

<Du`kair> I eat Dremora for breakfast.
<Du`kair> I mean, I suppose Mehrunes Dagon could just phase into existance right in front of us.
<Du`kair> Maybe the gates of Oblivion could pop open..

* Du`kair goes searching for treasure.

* Kael_J whispers to Duk "as long as it's not Cev's mum"

<Bierhoff> Du finds a pair of crates on the north wall. there is nothing in them.

<Kael_J> Cev, anything on the runes?

* Cevinom attempts to read the runes, but would more than likely have trouble with all but the nouns.

* Kael_J walks around, searching for a dagger somewhere, anywhere

<Du`kair> Hmm..

* Du`kair tries to move the crates.

<Bierhoff> Cev has no luck with the runes
<Bierhoff> the crates move

* Du`kair looks around where the crates were.

<Bierhoff> he finds a gold peice

<Kael_J> Found any of your treasure, Du'k ?
<Kael_J> An ebony greataxe perhaps ?
<Du`kair> A drake..
<Du`kair> Feh.
<Kael_J> Hmm
<Kael_J> Well

* Du`kair puts it in his money pouch.

<Kael_J> You could buy an ebony beermug if u have enough of those i guess

<Bierhoff> Kaer's search for a dagger reveiws two crates on the south wall

* Cevinom examines the small statues.

* Du`kair continues looking for goodies, as well as trapdoors, secret passages, and other things.

* Kael_J searches the crates

<Kael_J> More crates...
<Kael_J> Now what would crates and bells be doing in a cave?
<Kael_J> Cev, u managed to read anything from those runes?
<Cevinom> Not a thing.

<Bierhoff> Kael finds five pairs of plain clothes, four suits leather torso armour, three daggers, and a book.  Du finds pebbles and peices of flint.

<Kael_J> Well well well look what we have here
<Du`kair> Leather armor?

* Kael_J keeps one of the daggers and takes a brief scan of the clothes.

* Du`kair runs over and snags a chestpiece, discarding his burned one and replacing it.

<Kael_J> These clothes in fashion with your people Du'k?

* Cevinom grabs everything that is left behind. "We still need to replace other supplies. We'll head back to town after you two are done making smalltalk."

<Bierhoff> they are typical clothes of morrowind peasants

<Kael_J> 5 clothes, 4 peices of armour.
<Du`kair> I wouldn't know.
<Kael_J> just right for our merry band of 5 just now.
<Du`kair> I was raised in Cyrodiil.
<Kael_J> Crates, bells, clothing
<Du`kair> What's the book, Cev?
<Du`kair> How far is it back to the Ghostgate, anyway?

* Cevinom looks it over.

<Kael_J> Didn't you just come from there ?

<Bierhoff> Its cover it damaged but you can make out, elementary probablity, theory and application

<Du`kair> Yeah, but I was more preoccupied with your tracks than how far I was going.
<Cevinom> A book on math I do believe. It'll sell for good money.
<Du`kair> You should have seen this one book I lifted from a house in Balmora...
<Du`kair> Oh, wait..

* Du`kair thinks "Not in the Thieve's Guild anymore, nitwit."

* Kael_J cringes a little at the word. "Math? oh right..."

<Kael_J> So these 5 just come in with their stuff and a math book and they turn into monsters?
<Du`kair> Good point.
<Kael_J> Sounds suspicious. Before we head back, maybe we should just take a look at it. Ya know, i'm the curious sort
<Du`kair> What the hell is a math book doing in here? Open it, Cev. Maybe it's a spellbook.

* Cevinom | "I doubt that." He tosses it to him. "Knock yourself out."

<Kael_J> Maybe we should read this outside ?
<Kael_J> I don't like the idea of reading unknown books near unknown objects of unknown powers *points to the bells*

<Bierhoff> After leaving, Kael begins to read.  As he does he begins to recognize the patterns of likeliness in the world.  By applying the principles in the book he feels as though success will be more likely for him.  no more relying on luck

<Kael_J> I feel... weird after reading this stuff

* Du`kair taps the bells in a random order.

<Kael_J> YEEEE!!!

* Kael_J turns around and sees Du'k at the bells, calms down a little.

<Du`kair> Anyone have a sledgehammer?

<Kael_J> I hope you don't plan to actually smash those bells...

* Cevinom gives Du'kair a rather crude look.

<Bierhoff> Du looks around and finds the hammer the creature was strike the bells

<Du`kair> I think something valuable might be inside.
<Kael_J> Du'k...

* Du`kair grabs the large hammer and begins hitting the far right bell.

<Bierhoff> It rings

<Kael_J> Du'k you alright ?
<Kael_J> I think we're leaving now. If you wanna stay and turn into one of them tentacle things...
<Kael_J> I'm sure Cev will be willing to shoot you with his flame.
<Cevinom> *deadpan* More than willing.

* Kael_J glances into the cave, looking for Du'k

<Kael_J> Du'k ?

* Du`kair follows, a crestfallen expression on his face.

<Du`kair> I was hoping there was an invisible chest or something.
<Du`kair> Instead, we just got a beat up book, a couple of daggers, and some clothes.

* Kael_J smiles at the mention of the daggers

<Bierhoff> the party returns down the mountain, their quest is far from over

<Du`kair> You know something, don't you, Kael?
<Du`kair> Are those daggers magical?
<Kael_J> oh no, i just forgot to bring along my own, that's all.
<Kael_J> how am i going to shave without daggers?
<Du`kair> I'll be examining those when we get back to the Gate.
<Du`kair> You shave?
<Kael_J> I shave others *evil grin*
<Du`kair> Come on, pick up the pace, this dust storm is making me sneeze.

Reish Vedaur
Plot Team
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 12:51:43 AM »

Gil-Hlat: Bierhoff

Part 4

<Bierhoff> As you approach the Ghostgate you see Julius and Morava standing outside with a tall Argonian in the uniform of an imperial knight.  As short distance away six legionnaires stand smartly at attention. Julius and Morava see you descending the mountain and beckon you to them.

* Kael_J dusts his robes a little and slowly walks towards them, keeping an eye on the argonian

* Cevinom walks forward with even well-placed steps and his usual air of arrogance around him.

* Kael_J says "Ya, we're back" to no one in particular

<Bierhoff> Julius: "I'd like you to meet Gil-Hlat.  He is on a special assignment here, from his legion in Blackmarsh.  Is the leading expert are guerrilla warfare in the Empire."
<Bierhoff> Gil-Hlat: "You tooo kind, sssssirraaa'd."  Something in Gil's voice seems to lack sincerity, but perhaps it is just the accent.
<Bierhoff> Julius:  "He will be helping us coordinate our efforts and liaisoning with the nearby legions, in case we need reinforcements."

<Kael_J> well then greetings to you Gil-Hlat

* Cevinom gives a faint nod.

<Bierhoff> Gil bows
<Bierhoff> Morava: "We won't NEED his men!"  She glares at Julius and gives Gil-Hlat a look of pure spite.
<Bierhoff> Morava: "What are you doing down here already?  We haven't even had time to muster your reliefs yet."

* Cevinom lies a little. "We've had a bit of a hassle. We're going to restock supplies, then return."

* Kael_J mutters "We missed your sunshine smile" under his breath

<Kael_J> yup that's right

<Bierhoff> Morava gives Kael the evil eye

<Kael_J> we met with some trouble up there but managed to take care of it, of course

<Bierhoff> Julius: what sort of trouble?

* Kael_J gives a poster bouy winning smile look, then looks to Cev coz he has no clear idea what he just took care of, though he remembers the sounds of the bells faintly

* Cevinom | "Large, tenticled, electrical-magic weilding monster. Nothing overly challenging, but unfortunately," he starts to say, giving a slightly cold look towards Kael, "very time-consuming and costly to our supplies."

<Bierhoff> Morava: Could you please be more specific? *she looks concerned* Was it alone?

<Cevinom> No.  It was accompanied by a number of ash slaves.  They have all been dispatched.

* Kael_J gives a gentle shrug

<Bierhoff> Morava:  Ash slaves?  where?

* Cevinom growls slightly about her interest. "Why does this concern you?"

<Kael_J> does this have something to do with Gil here ?

<Bierhoff> Julius: "It sounds like a Sixth House enclave.  They've been giving us trouble."
<Bierhoff> Gil: "Yessss, the Sssixsth Houssse hass been usssing guerrrilla tacticsss."
<Bierhoff> Morava: "So, please, where were they?  A cave?"

* Kael_J glances at Cev briefly, then upwards

* Cevinom looks at Kael with another rather cold look. "Tell them how you wasted our time so I can stop pretending we went to our actual objective."

<Kael_J> hey, we did find something of importance didn't we? *grin*

* Kael_J turns to Morava "up that path. you can't miss the remains there" *grin*

<Cevinom> It was in a cave, yes.  With a set of very large bells.

<Bierhoff> Julius: It was a sixth house enclave then
<Bierhoff> Morava: Our patrols have already thoroughly covered that region.  This is very strange
Gil-Hlat: *bows ceremoniously to Morava* "You sssseee ssssirraaa,  thissss isss why one mussst ssssectorr and keep a presssencsse in terrrritorry.  Penetrating defencssesss and ssssnapping sssupply linesss isss the key to effective guerrillla tacticssss."
Morava: "And to prevent this sort of attack is why your people should be allowed on to this holy mountain?"
Gil-Hlat grins mischievously and bows.
Morava looks considerably irritated.  "Thank you for your hard work.  I'm afraid our coffers and armoury has been nearly emptied by our latest efforts and supplies are taking longer than anticipated to get here," she looks menacingly at Julius, "so we can not reward you immediately.  I suggest you go to the Redorian quarters and rest for a little while.  I'll fetch you once we have arranged for something."

* Cevinom | "That won't be necessary. We will be going into town to sell our loot and restock supplies, then we will be heading to our real objective immediately."

<Kael_J> while we're at it, you should check out those caves. the bells Cev mentioned seem to have some sort of enchantment magics on it

<Bierhoff> Julius: "There's no need to go to far.  We have merchants here, and you can leave anything you want behind."
<Bierhoff> Morava:  "I'll send a team there immediately."  She leaves.

<Cevinom> Do they have supplies such as potions and weapons that we may trade for?

<Bierhoff> Gil: "I have dutiesss to attend tooo." He leaves.
<Bierhoff> Julius: "Oh yes, anything you should need."

* Cevinom gives a nod to Gil, then to Julius. "Direct me to them."

<Bierhoff> Julius: "So, what did you find, anyways?"

<Kael_J> Daggers, armours, clothes, a book
<Kael_J> a math book in fact, made my head spin for a moment

<Bierhoff> Julius: "That's it?!" He looks disappointed and somewhat disgusted.
<Bierhoff> Julius then gives you direction.
<Bierhoff> You enter the ghostgate and begin you business
<Bierhoff> What do you wish to sell?

* Kael_J drags Duk and gets him to lay out the loot

* Cevinom hefts the clothes, armor, and book. "All of this."

<Bierhoff> Duk then goes to the Redorian quarters for a nap.

* Kael_J places his hand on 1 set of light armour: "that's mine, sorry"

<Bierhoff> You shop around.  Your prices aren't spectaclar.  you decide to take a nap before making a final decision.
<Bierhoff> A few hours later, Morava enters the dorm you are sharing.
Morava:  "I have talked to the trainers and professionals here.  They are willing to teach each of you one new skill or improve your knowledge of a skill you already have.  If you choose to improve a magic skill you will receive four more spells or their equivalent in mana.  I have also spoken with Dronos Llarvu, across the common room from here.  Unfortunately, he is out of high quality items, but he does have a few shards of glass left.  He is willing to graft them onto your blades.  He says your blades will be sharper, but their base metal will still be weak.  So they won't be up the quality of a dwemer blade, let alone his usual products.  He is also willing to provide you with a basic suit of armour if you don't already have one.  If you let me know what you want I can make the final arrangements while you wait."

<Kael_J> thanks Morava

* Kael_J whispers to Cev: "they must be serious about this job... that's quite some stuff they're providing us with"

<Cevinom> Are you complaining?
<Kael_J> i'm a little worried. heavy firepower don't come for free.
<Cevinom> Well, then, you just sit there and be concerned.

* Kael_J looks -_- at Cev and replies "right..."

<Kael_J> well then, shall we go claim our big guns ?

<Bierhoff> Morava:  "If I can have your blades Dronos can begin work on them right away, and if you tell be what you'd like to study I make the final arrangements."

* Kael_J thinks of the glass shards and sighs gently while looking at his staff

* Cevinom draws the rapier from its sheath and passes it to Morava. "Tell him I would like a brace for my left wrist. I don't care about the material."

<Bierhoff> Morava: "I can talk to Dronos, I think he has an iron staff he could give you"

* Kael_J pulls out his newly acquired dagger and passes it to Morava. "Here's mine. i got it from the cave as well."

<Bierhoff> Morava: "Thank you, and which skill would you like?"

<Kael_J> if you have any diviners, perhaps you might want to cast some divination on this dagger before enhancing it. might give you a clue about those ash slaves

<Bierhoff> Morava: "That won't be necissary we are already studying their cave.  It looks like they were dreamers who had begun their transformation.  Not much out of the ordinary to learn."

<Kael_J> hmm. we'll be sure to update you when we find more interesting places for you all to search. *grins slightly at Cev*

* Cevinom scowls back towards Kael. "I am still gravely displeased with you."

<Bierhoff> Morava turning to Cev "and what do you want to study?"

<Cevinom> I have always enjoyed swordplay.  I would like to participate in further studies of that.

<Bierhoff> morava: "Excellent, and you Kael?"

<Kael_J> Hmm, please help me with my magical training. I was really quite drained earlier when i tried some of my magics.
<Kael_J> I'm getting rusty.

<Bierhoff> Morava: ok, I'll be back shortly"  *she leaves*
<Bierhoff> Morava returns half an hour later "I have made the arrangements, if you will please follow me." She leads you to your respective trainers.  After a few hours of intense work you feel much more capable.  You are given a filling mid-day meal, reequipped and are now in outside Ghostgate once again; ready to restart your adventure.  Gil-Hlat is standing nearby, talking to his soldiers.  They soon disperse, leaving him standing alone to contemplate the mountain.
<Bierhoff> Gil-Hlat: Helllo, what can thisss humbllle sssoldier do forrr you?

<Kael_J> Hello Gil, what are you thinking about? you seem to be deep in thought

<Bierhoff> Gil-Hlat: I willl be sssending my troopsss to obssserve the lllocallssss actionsss. They sssoon whilll be gone forrr sssseveral daysss.  I willl be ablle to sssit back and relaxsss untilll they rrreturrn.   I hate rrelaxsssing, itssss sssso borring.

<Gil-Hlat> Gil-Hlat:  You do sssseem few forrr sssuch a tassssk.  It whould be my plleasssure to accompanyyy you and gett a firssst hand feell forrr the action herrre.

* Cevinom nods, turns his head away ever so slightly, then turns bringing his rapier out quickly and stabbing it forward for his neck, entirely prepared to draw it away in the event that he does not react or react fast enough.

* Kael_J caught unprepared, does not respond in time to do anything

* Gil-Hlat easily knocks the blade away, and levels his spear at Cev's heart

<Gil-Hlat> I can assure you that this will easily pierce your piecemeal armor, mercanary.  I hope, for your sake, that action was merely a misguided attempt to test my abilities.

* Kael_J takes a slow step back, entirely ready to TK both of them to the ground if a fight breaks out

* Cevinom grabs the spear at the shaft under the point, somewhat to position himself properly for a quick dodge. He nods at this display in respect. "I just didn't want a corpse to drag back. I would gladly accept your help."

* Kael_J heaves a gentle sigh

<Gil-Hlat> You would take my help whether you wanted it or not.  Now, we should get moving.

* Cevinom grips the spear, his expression never changing, nor the tone of his voice. "We shall make one thing clear. Regardless of your ability or rank, you are not in charge of this band. This is not military."

<Cevinom> Now, yes, we shall go.

<Bierhoff> You continue up the hill.  You trip takes little more than an hour.  Finally, in front of you is a large purple tower emerging from the mountain side.  It appears to be made of some sort stone which has been melted and reshaped into its current form.  Below the tower is a half-sphere made of a yellowish metal.

* Kael_J grins to himself at the slightly erotic thought that comes to mind

* Cevinom advances towards the structure, his steps even and undaunted.

<Bierhoff> the structure stands there, undaunted by Cev's approach

* Kael_J proceeds on, wondering about the yellowish metal at the base

<Kael_J> hey Gil, this tower anywhere in your mission profiles?
<Gil-Hlat> Yes
<Kael_J> do tell
<Gil-Hlat> We have heard reports that it's highly dangerous and a likely Sixth House base.
<Kael_J> a Sixth house base? well they must really tolerate tourists, considering that we're standing here
<Cevinom> Are your eyes open for archers?
<Kael_J> If we can see them, they definitely can see us.
<Kael_J> I don't see arrows flying anywhere...

* Cevinom rubs his forehead.

<Gil-Hlat> Yes, though the Sixth House rarely comes out in the open, now that we have them confined.

* Cevinom takes a tactical look around as they near the base of the structure.

<Gil-Hlat> If it wasn't for local politics, we would have sent in a legion to clear it out by now.
<Kael_J> local politics? someone is supporting the Sixth House here ?
<Cevinom> Well, if you can do us a favor, we can probably do you a favor.
<Gil-Hlat> Infighting over claims to Red Mountain, that sort of thing.  So, instead of a Legion, we have mercenaries.
<Gil-Hlat> So, that's where we're going.

* Kael_J grins at Cev's observation

<Gil-Hlat> Isn't that what they're paying you for?
<Cevinom> Is this the very structure they meant?  That wasn't as far as I thought it would be.
<Kael_J> i doubt it is, it doesn't seem ruinsy enough
<Kael_J> oh this is it ? i'm surprised!
<Cevinom> I was honestly expecting something much larger.  This should not be too difficult.
<Gil-Hlat> It *is* at least half-barried in Ash.

* Cevinom | "Regardless." He advances, seeking out a doorway or other entrance such as a window.

* Kael_J starts prodding at the ash with his staff

* Gil-Hlat spots an door that has been cleared away of ash

<Gil-Hlat> I would say they are using this to get in and out.
<Cevinom> My, aren't you perceptive.

<Bierhoff> There is a shovel resting beside the door.

<Gil-Hlat> Yes, and you would be wise not to forget it.
<Cevinom> Kael, the shovel looks about your style.  Should fare better with it than with that staff.

* Kael_J gives a WTF look at Cev

<Kael_J> right, sure. i'll take it.

* Kael_J picks up the shovel and not knowing what to do with it, just holds on

<Bierhoff> Kael is now the proud owner of a slightly used shovel.  He notices some Nordic runes on it.

<Kael_J> some runes here, anyone read this script ?

* Cevinom takes a brief look. "It's Nordic. No."

<Gil-Hlat> Ah, Sven's Shovel of Great Scooping +10, adds 10 to your shoveling skill.
<Gil-Hlat> Cheesy
<Kael_J> i didn't know shovelling skills were graded in numerics!
<Cevinom> Well, that's great.  It should fetch a few drakes then.
<Kael_J> you're kidding me right Gil ?
<Gil-Hlat> Yes, it just says it belongs to Sven.

* Cevinom turns to Gil-Hlat. "Well, this has all been splendid, but shall you enter first, or shall I?"

<Bierhoff> Gil and Cev, you both have an odd feeling.  Sven doesn't sound like a Sixth house name

* Cevinom wouldn't care either way.

<Gil-Hlat> Regardless, we will enter side by side, with the mage backing us up.
<Kael_J> oh Gil did u think i was a mage ?
<Kael_J> my magical powers aren't quite up to mage specs
<Kael_J> but i don't mind covering the rear
<Gil-Hlat> Yes, but you have magical abilities that could be best utilized from a rear possition.  Once spells are cast, you can join us in battle, should the need arise.

* Cevinom | "An archer sitting at the doorway would have a grand time with the broad target that presents." Without further discussion, Cevinom advances and examines the door. If it can be, he kicks it open, and if not he simply opens it and enters as quickly as he can.

* Gil-Hlat enters with Cev

* Kael_J takes the rear, still holding on to the shovel

<Bierhoff> You find yourself in a dark corridor. It is about three and a half meters wide. The only light comes from yellowish tubes hung on the smooth grey walls. There are pinkish half tubes emerging from the walls at head height and appear to run the length of the corridor.  These are decorated with runes you are unable to understand.  Vertical ribs cross these half-tubes at regular intervals of about 5 meters.  The floor is a rusty yellow colour and riveted in a square pattern.  You hear creaks and rumbles quiet from behind the walls and under the floor.  You suspect there are great, unseen machines still working in this place.Not far from the entrance the corridor descends a set of stairs.  You can not see beyond the stairs.

* Kael_J lowers his voice. "Cev you wanna use the shovel and prod around the ground? "

<Cevinom> I told you, it suits you much more.
<Kael_J> i meant for traps.
<Kael_J> and such.

* Kael_J -_-

* Cevinom gives him another cold look. "It suits you much more, if you understand me this time."

* Kael_J shuts up

* Gil-Hlat gives a look that cannot be discerned as either amusement or annoyance.

* Kael_J continues watching the rear as he follows Cev and Gil

* Cevinom makes calm and even steps through the corridor to the stairs, taking a quick look down them before continuing around to descend them.

* Gil-Hlat carefully goes down the stairs, as well

<Bierhoff> Cev sees that the stairs continue for 3o meters.
<Bierhoff> Gil also sees the stairs descending
<Bierhoff> Kael sees their backs

* Kael_J is still holding on to the shovel as he proceeds down the stairs

<Bierhoff> At the bottom of the stairs is a landing.  The corridor goes down some more stairs to the left.  Slouched near the far wall of the landing is an intimidating yellow metallic humanoid form.  Its right "hand" is a metal ball and its left is a shield.  There are rents and dents in its surface, some of which are quite deep.  It appears that it has been burnt in several places too.  You feel as though you are not the first people to come this way.

* Gil-Hlat inspects the "bot" closer

<Bierhoff> It is decidely broken. The exposed metal has not rusted yet.

<Cevinom> At least we know what we are to expect.
<Kael_J> only thing is, is this thing friend or foe ?
<Gil-Hlat> Yes, something more powerful than Dwemer guardians.  You softskins think you're up to the task?

* Kael_J looks at the staff and the glass dagger, then the shovel

* Cevinom | "A sword would not damage this. I think we need to examine the area for heavier weaponry. A hammer, a mace, a pick ax." He examines the arm with the ball on it, and pulls out his stiletto, trying to find a way to remove it.

<Bierhoff> he fails miserably.  it was definantly meant to stay where it is.
<Bierhoff> to find out the answer to Gil's question tune in next week to the continuing adventures of Morrowind RPS episode 1.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 12:52:39 AM by ReishVedaur » Logged

Reish Vedaur
Plot Team
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 06:18:24 PM »

Pithrat: Bierhoff

Part 5

<Bierhoff> the three interped adventures hear a sound from the stairs above them.  Du stumbbles down to join them

* Du`kair stumbles up behind, nursing his temples.

<Du`kair> Dagoth Brandy is my bane.
<Gil> who is this guy?
<Du`kair> I'm the idiot who steals Dagoth Brandy and tells nobody. I'm the one who slips it home and guzzles it in half an hour.
<Kael_J> He's one of us, don't worry about his breath
<Cevinom> An accomplice, I'm afraid.
<Du`kair> I have fifteen THOUSAND drakes in my gut.
<Du`kair> Yeah.

* Gil mutters "great, a drunk"

* Du`kair burps.

<Du`kair> I may be still drunk...
<Cevinom> No worse than usual.
<Du`kair> Anyway, what's the holdup here?

* Kael_J grins "When in doubt, send the drunk guy ahead to set off them traps," and laughs at his own joke.

<Du`kair> Not so loud.

* Gil rolls his eyes.  "I suggest we wait until he sobers up"

<Cevinom> Him, sober?  Let's just get moving.
<Du`kair> I'm sober. I've got a headache like nobody's business and my tongue feels funny, but I'm mostly sober.
<Du`kair> Mostly.

* Du`kair reaches into his pack.

<Du`kair> I need some Mazte.
<Kael_J> He's fine, we can move
<Du`kair> You know, you'd think if a mage could commit suicide by making a spell that makes him jump super high, they could make a hangover cure.

* Cevinom draws his stiletto. "I have one."

<Du`kair> Har.

* Gil chuckles

* Kael_J prods the silent machine gently with his staff

<Du`kair> You trying to get that Mace-Arm, Cev?
<Cevinom> Tried.  Failed.  If there's more of those ahead we'll all die.  Shame, really.

<Bierhoff> The machine does not respond to Kael's staff

<Du`kair> There must be a weakness on these things.

* Du`kair examines it, using his nimble fingers to attempt to discern weak points.

<Kael_J> perhaps fire? *points to the burn marks*
<Gil> ya, they have a weakness.  unfortunatly it's covered with some pretty heavy metal
<Du`kair> Fire? On something made of Dwemer Steel? I doubt it.
<Cevinom> Just forget it.  Let's move on.
<Du`kair> What's the weakness, Gil?

* Kael_J walks towards Cev and the stairs leading down

<Gil> the gears and wires inside them.  mess those things up your set.  Too bad you need to go through their outside first.
<Du`kair> I don't suppose they have an external weakness of some kind.

* Gil also moves towards the stairs "so whose going downfirst."  to Du, "dunno, nevertried to take one down myself."

<Du`kair> Ah, wait, I figured out a way to kill them. Genius!

* Du`kair follows Kael, grinning.

<Kael_J> I suppose you're going to make them drunk or something.
<Du`kair> Not quite. I'll tell you when we burn that bridge.
<Kael_J> oooh ok. anyway come let's go.

* Cevinom sighs and starts down, irritated by their delays.

<Bierhoff> At the bottom of the stair there is a landing.  The corridor turns right and descends more stairs.You can hear soft foot steps and hear a gentle murmuring.  I think you see a shadow moving on the landing below you.

* Du`kair slides his sword out as quietly as possible.

* Gil follows Cev

* Kael_J reaches the landing after Gil

* Du`kair flattens himself against the wall and makes himself as quiet and invisible as possible, drawing his cloak around himself.

* Cevinom follows suit with Du'kair and walks slowly along the wall.

* Gil whispers, "Let's try to see what's down there, quietly."

* Du`kair mutters to Cevinom, "What do you think? Daedra Cult?"

* Cevinom shrugs. "Does it matter?"

<Gil> whispers "who is sneaky?"

* Du`kair replies, "I am."

<Gil> whispers "go check it out"
<Cevinom> But be ready with your bow.

* Kael_J pulls his robe around him

* Du`kair creeps down, taking Cevinom's advice and sheathing his sword, bringing his bow off his back and nocking an arrow.

<Bierhoff> There is a blond woodelf on the landing below the party.  He is wearing a leather jacket with studs in it, suggesting metal plates beneath.  In his hand is a spear and there is a horn hanging by his hip.

* Du`kair draws an arrow back, bringing it into line with the Elf's head.

* Du`kair begins approaching as quietly as he can, being careful to hold the string on his bow.

<Bierhoff> He seems unaware of Du's approach.  He is humming a child's song to himself

* Du`kair opens his mouth as soon as he gets close enough to make a sure shot, saying, "Freeze it. Drop the spear. Don't even touch the horn, or you're a dead mer.

<Bierhoff> The elf squeeks in surprise and stiffens.  His hand twitches over his horn.

<Du`kair> I SAID don't move. Do you REALLY want to die?

<Bierhoff> he gulps and doesn't move, except for nervious shivers.

* Cevinom slowly and quietly moves around the corner behind Du'kair, rapier and stiletto presented.

<Du`kair> Good. Now, drop the spear slowly and quietly. Or die.
<Du`kair> Cev, take the horn from him.

* Kael_J stands back against the wall of the landing near the steps, looking at the rest of his surroundings

<Bierhoff> the elf's hand opens with obvious effort.  the spear clatters to the ground

* Du`kair walks up, still covering the Wood Elf, and kicks the spear away.

* Cevinom narrows his eyes and steps forward, grabbing away the horn and then moving the rapier across his throat, grabbing him and pulling him backwards. "I should kill you for that noise alone," he mutters in his ear.

<Bierhoff> the elf is sweating profusly and clearly is in shock

* Du`kair slacks off the arrow and puts his bow away, sliding his arrow back into the quiver. He draws his saber.

* Du`kair places the tip of the saber against the Bosmer's throat. "Who are you?"

<Cevinom> Quietly...

* Du`kair smiles. "Shout, and I'll bathe in your blood and eat your flesh.

<Bierhoff> you see the muscles in the elf's throat twitch as he opens his mouth, but no sound comesout

* Cevinom | "Alright, it's not going to work here." He pulls him backwards to the stairs and turns him to lay flat across the stairs, then looks to Kael and Gil. "Help me bind his hands. We'll take him outside."

<Du`kair> We have rope? Let's just cut off a piece of his muscle and use THAT as the rope.

* Kael_J whispers "I could knock him out for now"

* Du`kair winks surreptitiously at Cevinom.

* Gil comes down the stairs "it's be more merciful to leave him in here. Who knows what'll come by and makea snack of him out there."

<Du`kair> Mercy? Who said anything about mercy, Gil?
<Cevinom> Shut up.
<Cevinom> Use my sash.
<Du`kair> Anyway, has his tongue been cut or something?
<Cevinom> He's scared of us.  Rightly so.  After all, even you don't know what I'm capable of, do you?

* Du`kair glances into the elf's mouth, trying to see the stump.

* Gil punches the elf at the base of the skull

<Bierhoff> the elf goes limp

<Du`kair> I prefer to think it's the legends told about the Dunmer.
<Kael_J> well that settles the elf *proceeds to tie his hands up*

* Cevinom glares at Gil. "It would have helped to get him up the stairs under his own power. He wears heavy armor."

<Gil> He won't be yelling for a while
<Du`kair> Well, strip it off, Cev.
<Gil> and you guys could use his armour
<Du`kair> We all know Bosmer like that kind of thing.
<Cevinom> It's loud here, you idiot.

* Kael_J finishes tying the elf's hands

<Cevinom> Alright, Du, you cover the landing while we drag him upstairs and give him a thorough going-over.
<Du`kair> Right.

* Du`kair slides back into the shadows, readying his bow again.

* Kael_J helps Gil to carry the unconscious elf upstairs

* Gil lifts the elf's shoulders

* Cevinom lends his hand as well.

<Gil> How many flights of stairs are we taking him up?
<Gil> We've comedown two
<Kael_J> up one should be enough, the one with the machine
<Kael_J> unless you anticipate lots of screaming and torture.

* Gil carries the elf up to the steam centurion

<Cevinom> No, just strip him and bind him.

* Du`kair follows behind, focusing on any sounds behind him.

<Gil> What's the point of torture.  I doubt an incompotent like him hasmuch to say
<Du`kair> He may have information. We will need to...extract it.

* Cevinom looks at the horn in his hand.

<Du`kair> Pity we don't have an Imperial with us, they can talk their way out of Oblivion itself.
<Cevinom> You have me.  That should be good enough.
<Du`kair> Oh, please, Cev. Don't make me laugh.
<Du`kair> You're a skinny breton.

<Bierhoff> The horn is generally unamazing.  it looks like just about any other hunting horn you have seen.

<Cevinom> Even you have no idea what I'm capable of.
<Kael_J> Alright, so the elf is done and done. We're not questioning him, just stripping him?
<Du`kair> Besides, Magic-Wielders are not what scare most people, even if they are packing a sword and a dagger.

* Gil puts the elf down.

<Du`kair> You know that they have legends that Dunmer are flesh-eaters, right?
<Cevinom> I'm glad I've never told you much about myself.  Legends, he says...
<Du`kair> What! I went to all this work of sneaking up on this ugly Tree-Freak and you just want to strip him?
<Gil> Children, do you always argue this much?
<Du`kair> Cev, you're a wiz-boy from a family of Harbormasters.
<Cevinom> Indeed.

* Kael_J looks at Duk the dark elf and thinks of ugly Tree-Freaks

<Du`kair> Dunmer are as terrifying as Bosmer are...odd.

<Bierhoff> Duk looks like his usual pleasant self

* Gil rolls his eyes

<Du`kair> I mean, have you guys ever spoken to Fargoth? He's a little hippy who lives in Seyda Neen, down in the Ascadian Isles.

* Cevinom examines the articles on the elves' person as they are stripped away.

* Kael_J puts a hand on Duk's shoulder "relax, talking so much won't help your headache more"

<Du`kair> The headache? That's gone.

* Du`kair pulls three bottles out of his pack.

<Du`kair> Fortify Intelligence, Fortify Willpower, and Fortify Dexterity. Instantly negates a hangover.

<Bierhoff> The elf has a leather coat of metal plates and the clothes his is wearing.  appearantly he left the rest of his possessions else where

* Cevinom examines the coat more closely. "Interesting."

* Du`kair picks up the Elf's spear.

<Du`kair> Hey, Spell-stick, you want this?
<Kael_J> A spear? Cool, I could try using one of these

* Kael_J takes the spear

<Bierhoff> the coat looks like it would provide some protection in a fight, but it doesn't look very durable.  The spear is plain wood and a steel tip.

* Du`kair grabs the arm of the downed Sphere Centurion and holds it over the Bosmer's head.

<Du`kair> If he lies or shouts, we'll squish his head.
<Kael_J> Now i have a Staff, a Shovel and a Spear!

* Du`kair sticks the Bosmer in the foot with his saber.

<Gil> He's unconscious, I doubt he'll be doing either of those things any time soon
<Du`kair> Wakey-wakey.

<Bierhoff> the elf's leg twitches

* Cevinom pulls the robe off, then puts on the coat and puts the robe back on over it.

<Du`kair> Shall I cut off a few toes?

* Kael_J takes out the shovel and holds it menacingly near the elf's head *grin*

<Gil> No, now let's stop wating time and get going
<Du`kair> Hey, this guy might have useful information.

* Du`kair jabs him again, this time more viciously.

* Du`kair raises his sword and slaps the elf as hard as he can in the face with the flat of the blade.

* Cevinom pats Du'kair. "You take care of this, I'll keep watch over the stairs since I seem to have the patience you lack." He walks down to where they were with stiletto and rapier drawn.

<Du`kair> Wakey-Wakey!

<Bierhoff> the elf's eyes pop open and dart back and forth.  When he realizes where his is he looks desidedly unhappy

* Kael_J waves the shovel briefly before his eyes

<Du`kair> Ready to talk? You have ten seconds to say your name, then my friend with the shovel digs out your brains.

* Pithrat "My name is Pithrat,"  says the elf as he cowers

<Du`kair> Pithrat. Fitting name, for an ugly bosmer.
<Du`kair> Alright, 'Pithrat'. What were you doing here?

* Gil moves to stand behind Duk.  his arms crossed as he oversees the proceedings

<Pithrat> We'rejust here toget some Dwemer goods before the Imperials hord it all
<Du`kair> We?

<Pithrat> my partners and I

* Kael_J sticks in the shovel in the ground and starts making soft scraping noises
<Du`kair> How many, what are their realms of expertise, and where are they?

<Bierhoff> the shovel bounces off the metalic flooring.

<Pithrat> There are five others. Most of them are pretty good with a sword.  there is also a magic user.
<Du`kair> What kind of magic user?

* Pithrat shrugs "Breton?  I don't know much about magic,personally.  But he can really toss a mean fireball,if that's what you want to know"

<Du`kair> Where are they?
<Pithrat> perparing to descend to the second level a little further down the stairs from where you caught me.

* Kael_J taps Duk gently and whispers "we should go, they're raiders, it's about all we need to know."

<Gil> agreed

<Du`kair> Anything else I need to know, Tree-hugger?
<Du`kair> Because if we go ahead and something happens that I don't expect, you'll pay for it.

* Pithrat a brief sparkle in his eye suggests he had a witty retort to that, but he just shakes his head

<Gil> Let's go
<Du`kair> Alright...
<Kael_J> Count yourself lucky we're nice guys

* Du`kair goes back down the stairs, smiling.

* Kael_J swings the shovel's flat side hard at Pithrat's head

<Du`kair> I'm not sure if this is wise..

<Bierhoff> there is an unhealthy sounding thud and then the Bosmer slumps to the ground.

<Du`kair> Kael, did you kill him?
<Gil> That can't be good

* Gil checks the elf

<Kael_J> What? I was aiming to knock him out

* Du`kair feels the neck for a pulse.

* Kael_J squats down to check for a life sign

<Bierhoff> he is alive, but you suppect his skull may be fractured

<Kael_J> what the...?

* Kael_J applies a little of his healing magic to try and repair whatever he can for the moment

<Du`kair> Cev, give me your stiletto.

* Cevinom is on the landing where you obtained Pithrat from.

<Bierhoff> Kael's healing seems to work

<Du`kair> Meh, let's just finish him off.

<Kael_J> ok, i guess he's stabilised for now.

<Du`kair> He'd probably die even if he ever came to. He'd never make it back to the Ghostgate alive.
<Kael_J> i try not to kill in cold blood
<Gil> He's good for now.  we can leave him for the Temple to deal with
<Gil> since they want this place so bad
<Du`kair> To be fair, he's not exactly Vivec.

* Kael_J looks at the shovel, and pointedly switches back to the spear

* Kael_J proceeds to the stairs once again

* Du`kair kicks the Bosmer as he walks by, following Kael.

<Du`kair> Bosmer...

* Gil takes up the rear

<Bierhoff> you return to the landing Pithrat was on
<Bierhoff> the hall descends a stair case to the right

* Cevinom looks at them. "Shall we at last?"

* Du`kair inspects the area, looking for a secret passageway or trapdoor.

<Kael_J> lead the way,  Cev

<Bierhoff> you find no secrets

* Cevinom begins the next descent. "So, what kind of opposition are we looking at?"

* Du`kair looks again, this time for treasure.

<Bierhoff> and finds nothing

* Du`kair goes down the stairwell.

<Gil> Five raiders.  one is a mage
<Kael_J> the others are supposedly quite decent at swordplay
<Kael_J> i guess they're just right up your way huh Cev
<Gil> not that there are any other ways to go
<Cevinom> It wouldn't matter regardless.  They will die.

* Gil pats his spear

<Gil> works for me

* Kael_J rolls his eyes

<Gil> Hey, Duk how about you lead us down again, since you are sogood at sneaking

<Du`kair> Sure.

* Du`kair draws his cloak around him and begins sneaking down the stairs.

<Bierhoff> Duk comes to another landing.  This one turns to the left and leads to another set of stairs.

<Kael_J> see anything Duk ?

<Bierhoff> after descending the second stair case (fourth from the surface, if anyone is counting) Duk comes to a corridor.  there is an open door at the end of the corridor

<Kael_J> looks like an invitation for trouble

<Du`kair> Yeah, more stairs.
<Du`kair> And a door.

* Du`kair slides through the door.

<Bierhoff> as he approaches the door he hears voices talking

* Gil descends to the corridor and follows Duk towards the door, staying several meters behind him

* Du`kair steps back and peers through the doorway.

* Kael_J stays on the opposite side of the corridor from Cev, spear at the ready

<Bierhoff> Du,  Before you is a square room.  In the center is a stone railing ringing in a square area (you can not see what is inside it from this vantage point).  There are round columns of stone off of the corners of this square.  The corridor enters the room in the middle of a wall. There is a door in the middle of the wall directly across from you.
<Bierhoff> You can see activity in side the room.  At the column across the room and to the left a Breton in a brown robe seems to be tying something to the column.  A large nord is standing by him.  To the right you see a second, smaller (though still impressively built) nord.  Both the nords are wearing leather armour similar to the woodelf's.  Just to the left of the entrance to the room you hear two voices talking.  From their accents you expect there is a redguard and an imperial.

* Du`kair drops to his hands and knees and begins to crawl into the room. Quietly.

<Bierhoff> Duk silently enters the room.  There is a redguard in a suit of bonemold armour (minus the helmet) and an imperial wearing iron plates held together by chain mail conversing no more than five feet to his left.  The redguard has a gladius hanging in his sheath and the imperial has a long sword.  The Imperial has his back to Duk and the Redguard seems intent on what he is saying.

* Gil moves to stand by the door.  He can see what Duk saw beforeentering the room

* Kael_J inches closer to the door but does not enter yet

* Du`kair stares at the Nords.

<Bierhoff> The Nord to the right peers over the edge of the railing and looks down.  The other nord converse with the Breton

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: