Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Hero6 Role Playing Stories (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  RPS Era
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RPS Era  (Read 39963 times)
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2005, 07:31:36 PM »

How many days/months/years after the events of QfG5 is this? Is the Hero a Paladin, a Wizard, a Fighter, or a Thief? Is he married?  

Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 04:33:39 AM »

Argh, I replied to this topic, only to find that my reply is now gone.

5 years after Dragonfire.

As for those, they're good questions. I've always wanted to ask the group about those since the first session, but wasn't able to do so. Since you brought it up, I'll ask them now.

What do you think the Hero should be in this RPS world? Fighter? Paladin? Thief? Wizard?
Who is the new ruler of Silmaria?
Who was saved from Hades?
Did the Hero marry? Who would he pick?

Please give a reason for your choices.

Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 04:52:41 AM »

I still need to think about the other questions, but I think Elsa should be the Qu33n of Silmaria. I think the Hero would rather go on more adventures, and if not Elsa, who else would Rule? Certainly not Gort! blink  

Jarada Knight: The Honorable Marshmallow
ndcent168
Knight

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 07:12:00 AM »

Where/how could this come into play? Being that we've already saved Silmaria, there's little reason for this to show up in Hero6+.

As for my vote, I'd say the hero was a Paladin, and like Rakeesh, he declined his crown. As a Paladin, he probably saved Erana, but what's to say that Katrina didn't find another way out of Hades... again.

What an existance for Katrina: she was alive, died, became undead, died again, went to Hades, and got brought back to life, only to eventually die again sometime. Doesn't that just have to take a toll on her?

As for the Ruler of Silmaria, why couldn't Toro rule? Smiley J/K. Elsa would, of course, have to rule.
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 07:24:23 AM »

Where/how could this come into play? Being that we've already saved Silmaria, there's little reason for this to show up in Hero6+.
This is for the RPS world, not Hero6+. They're two very different worlds.

ndcent168
Knight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 07:27:00 AM »

Sorry, my bad.
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 12:46:13 PM »

As for my vote, I'd say the hero was a Paladin, and like Rakeesh, he declined his crown. As a Paladin, he probably saved Erana, but what's to say that Katrina didn't find another way out of Hades... again. Elsa would, of course, have to rule.
Those were exactly the same options we used in the AGDI chatroom. Does everyone want to use these options, or something else?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 12:50:59 PM by Swift » Logged

Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 12:48:24 PM »

Hmm...I can't seem to decide of Erana should be alive or not.
I think the Hero was either a Fighter or a Paladin.

Jigen
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 01:10:37 PM »

Okay, here's the easy solution:

There were FOUR heroes. The Fighter married Elsa and became King, the Paladin married Katrina and either continued on adventuring or established a holy order of arse-kickers to do the heroing for him while he settled down (considering her soul was recovered from Tartarus does she still count as undead, I can't remember)
The thief became chief of Silmaria's underworld and married Nawarr, only to divoce her five years later when she caught him with six other women.
And the mage married Erana and went on to become one of the faculty at W.I.T.

How did both Erana and Katrina come back you ask? Only the Wizard and the Paladin characters completed the right of ... whatever it was that required you to visit hades. There, cut and dried.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 01:12:58 PM by Jigen » Logged

Set a match alight, and a man will be warm for a minute.
Set a man on fire and he\'ll be warm the rest of his life.
Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 01:12:22 PM »

Thanks Jigen. I needed to laugh myself out of the chair. Tongue  

Jigen
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2005, 01:14:07 PM »

I try... Oh wait, you were being sarcastic, (b1tch, smack you down I will) :winktongue:  

Set a match alight, and a man will be warm for a minute.
Set a man on fire and he\'ll be warm the rest of his life.
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2005, 01:22:15 PM »

Very cute... but I think we'll settle for one hero, thank you very much. Tongue

Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2005, 04:49:29 PM »

Logic time. You may be thinking "Corsair? Logical? Never!" Meanies.

Anyway.

Fighters are little more than "Throg want kill". Not exactly good candidates for the kingship, although if they had a high intelligence stat they'd make a handy Cap'n o' the Guard.

Paladins might make good kings, but a good Paladin will refuse the crown.

Thieves are way to greedy to make good kings, either. Chances are, the first thing he'd do while in office would be to empty the treasury into his money pouch and go get drunk at the Dead Parrot.

Wizards are probably the best candidate. Reknowned for their Wisdom, Intelligence, and sometimes Grasp of tactics, along with the extreme power they have, they would make excellent Rulers.

The REAL question is, do we want to have Aragorn (Paladin, or close enough) or Gandalf (Wizard) as the King? Or he could not rule at all. I think whichever class Devon is, he should marry the counterpart of said class.

Paladin0707077
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2005, 06:27:45 PM »

Actually, a Paladin MIGHT become king if they feel the kingdom is still in need of their services. But I don't see that here from what I've read so far.

The Paladin: To seek, To learn, To do.
-quest board in QFG2

If I ever feel too down or over-inflated, all I have to do is remember one of two things: to the right of me, in some dimension, I am a king; to the left of me, in another dimension, I am a hanged man.
-ME!
Striker
Programming Team
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2005, 06:34:58 PM »

Hmm... I always thought the Paladin would be more suited to Erana (she being a Paladin in all but name), while Katrina would be more compatible to the the Wizard (both being 'mysterious types').
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: