Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Game Development
| | |-+  Future Hero6 Projects (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | | |-+  Desert Hero7?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Desert Hero7?  (Read 1998 times)
Captivus
Art Team
Initiate

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2005, 12:58:40 AM »

I thought lately that if Hero6 is similar to QfG1 maybe Hero7 should resemble QfG2?

What do you think about placing next game in some desert place?
Maybe similar to Egipt? Just think of it - great piramids, humans living together with Dog-humans (like the some characters in QfG3).

Area would be called Renid

Let's say that the hero would go to the there because the main river Ynil (something like the Nile for Egipt) is getting more and more dry. Should it dissapear it could destroy whole civilisation.

An evil character could be placed very easy in this situation - for example a archbishop/archcleric/archpriest  that uses (or creates) the situation to gain control over the land instead of the old king/pharaon.

There would be 2 main cities

Tera

The biggest city in the area and the capitol of  Renid, similar to shapeir but with mire tarna looking structures (mostly temples). Inhabitants: humans, dog-humans.

Gara

Tent-city of the nomad tribes that inhabit the desert. They do not feel as a part of Tera kingdom. A hero would have to pass some kind of test to get in.

Nera
Second biggest city in the area, where one can find the great temple and other religious structures. Unofficialy ruled by the priests.

Possible NPCs

Evil archpriest/archcleric/archbishop - an evil character that tries to aweken some powers (there are many in Egiptian mithology) to grant him power over the area

sultan/king.pharaon - sick and old man that tries to keep the kingdom together. His only doughter was lost long ago.

sultans/kings.pharaons daugther - would be found later in the game and playde and important role in the game (knew what archpriest did, how he did it etc.)

Sultans personal priest - good old man that helps sultan in ruling the city.Can turn the hero into the Paladin.

and many more.

Simple plot introduction

A hero (as I said before) would come to the area to help in the river problem. By doing this he would make an enemy of the archpriest who would poison the sultan and start the rebellion. Then the hero would have to find a cure.
Cured sultan would send the hero to search his doughter who dissapeared close afther archpirest came to his position (he couldn't do it earlier because he could bearly walk or talk - the cure would help also with his age-related problems).
Eventually (by asking some enhantress/oracle etc.) the hero would find the daughter in the nomad tribe village ... fighting for ruling over the nomads (the earlier tribe leader could have been killed by the archprieas/some animal/ of age).
When she would succed - both her and the hero would attact the archpriests city and deal with him in some "special" way (depending on what powers he summons).

well anyway ..... what do you think?
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 01:59:32 AM »

I think that if we are to avoid a c&d, we are to stay as far away from QFG as possible. Tongue

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 06:12:38 AM »

Plus, they already have a Norse setting in mind.

And a Japanese one in the eventuality of Hero 8.

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

Striker
Programming Team
Superhero

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 01:38:22 PM »

Yeah, Hero6 is trying to go to places that QFG hasn't been yet.
Rulic
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 05:10:51 PM »

Yeah, Hero6 is trying to go to places that QFG hasn't been yet.
Outer Space?

How about a Mayan/Incan/Aztec theme?  
Captivus
Art Team
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 05:18:20 PM »

already said that in Hero7: Norse Village/Colony Smiley

But sure - i'm all for it !
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 05:18:59 PM by Captivus » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »