Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Offtopic Mayhem (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  KQIX Project Shut Down
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: KQIX Project Shut Down  (Read 13824 times)
Sirus
Squire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2005, 11:24:23 PM »

Personally, I've thought since the C&D that they should change the game so it's not KQ and Copyright infringement.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 12:35:52 AM by Sirus » Logged

Current Project:Hero of the Rune My QFG Fangame!
Current Status: Working on plot and a design document before getting in over my head.
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2005, 12:24:18 AM »

That is definitely one option, but PO said that they would like to explore other options first before taking that one.

mcomp72
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2005, 08:50:53 AM »

Personally, I've thought since the C&D that they should cnahge the game so it's not KQ and Copyright infringement.

The problem with doing this is that it would take months and months to make all the necessary changes.  And after all that work, it wouldn't be a King's Quest game anymore, which was the whole point in the first place.

Foolproof-ness was implied by a lack of anything suggesting there might be potholes, massive, sledge-hammer hit sized holes in his idea.

As for the negative posts: geez, I'm seeing them all over the place.  Let me be clear on something.  I don't think we are guaranteed to succeed.  In fact, I know we're fighting an uphill battle.  The odds are against us.  But here's the thing that I think people like you, Corsair5, need to remember.  We can either do NOTHING, in which case NOTHING will change, or we can TRY to do SOMETHING, and maybe, just MAYBE, it will make a difference.

Corsair5, you replied like this to one of Koko's earliest posts:

We could get a million signatures and VU wouldn't budge, my friend.

How do you know?  Have you spoken to Vivendi?  What gives you this great knowledge?

I assume you would have said the same thing to the people who wrote to NBC in the 1960's when they found out that Star Trek had been cancelled.  I assume you would have told them that they were wasting their time; that no matter how many letters NBC received, they wouldn't bring Star Trek back for another season.

I also assume you would have told all those people in California who signed the petition to have a recall election for Governor that they were wasting their time.  (Yes, that's the election that Arnold won.)

If you think we're wasting our time, that's your right.  No matter what somebody does, there's always going to be someone else that thinks it's stupid or pointless or whatever.  But at least we're trying.

If you assume that you are powerless, then you ARE powerless.  I choose to not be powerless.  Sure, I might fail in my mission, but I'd rather try and fail than not try at all.  I hope everyone reading this will choose to try with me.

Save King's Quest IX
http://www.savekqix.org
koko_99_2001
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2005, 06:15:47 PM »

I would rather try and succeed, even though we have a slim chance, than not try anything.  
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2005, 08:37:20 AM »

I've deleted the recent posts concerning naysaying. Either show support, offer to help, or not post. Anymore negative posts will be deleted, and the poster will be warned.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: