Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Offtopic Mayhem (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  Originally from "How would YOU reinvent the adventure game genre"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Originally from "How would YOU reinvent the adventure game genre"  (Read 1768 times)
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2006, 11:52:50 AM »

Well, this is also my first post , so hello everyone.

As for this topic. I have known many gamers over the years, and during my university life and so far short internship in the gaming industry, almost all if not all people I talked to seemed to be able to reminisce about adventure games happily....

I did a doubletake when I first saw your name, Silevran. I use that name too. blink So, are you like my twin or something?  Tongue Good post, btw.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 06:59:30 PM by Swift » Logged

Brassfire
Music Admin
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »

Ok, that's weirding me out. blink blink blink blink blink

Swift, this is why I blocked registration of certain character names at Herocia. Forgot to do that here.

New Silevran... hi, welcome, whoa this is weird...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 02:35:17 AM by Swift » Logged

"A dragon is not going to care if you are gay or not. They are going to eat you anyway."
~Brassfire the Mage~
Reish Vedaur
Plot Team
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 03:15:54 PM »

Pardon the off-topicness, but I actually know another Silevran myself, hehe.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 02:35:34 AM by Swift » Logged

Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 05:24:23 AM »

And since we're off topic, I was -just- thinking "Oh, lookie...another Silevran."

I now know of three.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 02:35:53 AM by Swift » Logged

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

Silevran
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 06:38:15 PM »

Sorry for causing the off topic stuff. As for this name, I chose it because it was a name I had never seen before so I hoped I could use it all over the place as a generic username for things. So far I have only ever found one place that had someone named Silevran before me, and I might have just created username a long time ago there and forgot about it.

This is really wierd to me since I have never heard of people knowing this name before, and here many seem to have.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 02:36:26 AM by Swift » Logged

'Unconscionably evil' sounds velvety smooth, touching upon the tongue like a wisp of chocolate or a delicate tea... it sounds like something to aspire to.
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 06:53:10 PM »

No need to apologise. I pretty much made it off-topic. Couldn't help it though. laugh

I came across this name from a namelist in an AD&D book and thought it looked pretty, so I used it for my LAFF character at Herocia. To an extent, I shouldn't be surprised to see someone with that name too, but the thing that really made me take notice was that you mentioned university and gaming industry in the same sentence in addition be being called "Silevran". I've just graduated, and am planning to join the game industry. It felt like I was looking at a future version of myself. Have I weirded you out even more yet?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 02:36:48 AM by Swift » Logged

Raito
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 09:19:30 AM »

Swift, meet your time-travel buddy!!! Grin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: