Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Offtopic Mayhem (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | |-+  Aetolia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aetolia  (Read 2471 times)
Silverbolt
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2006, 12:55:35 PM »

Very true. That's why I tell people that these games are not for everyone.

But I have no problems. Whenever I read a book I don't see words, I see images, so this game has the best graphics, for me... cheesy  

One day I will bring peace to the world with my invincible Army of Mice

Rulic
Squire

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2006, 04:09:46 PM »

The way you have to walk into MUDs is to realize that they are basically computerized versions of pencil and paper RPGs, i.e. Dungeons and Dragons.
The computer does the DMing for you.  Dice rolls, descriptions, etc.
What I like about MUDs are that they are fast and to the point.  You can set up macros very easily and pretty much get to where you want to go almost instantly, given you don't run into any encounters on the way.
Like Silverbolt, I like it for the imagination.  I feel a bit more attached to a character in a book rather than a movie...so that falls over into MUDs.
Another great feature of MUDs I really enjoy is the cartography side.  I used to have a huge binder full of maps on graph paper with notes scribbled everywhere.
MUDs seem to make you become more involved in your adventures.  The graphical games nowadays does so much for you already.  I think of it like doing math without a calculator as opposed to doing it WITH one.  Calculators make math easy, but you miss the point of solving the problem.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: