Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Hero6 Forums
|-+  The Hero6 Project
| |-+  Game Development
| | |-+  Future Hero6 Projects (Moderators: lazygamer, Silverbolt)
| | | |-+  future projects
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: future projects  (Read 10853 times)
anthenor
Knight

View Profile WWW
« on: October 07, 2004, 07:57:22 PM »

What would you like to see the Hero6 team do, when Hero6 is finished?
I think I would like to see a part of the team enhance the graphics and work on some minor additions, while the rest works on Hero7. So we get to play an expension/SuperVGA version first, making the wait for Hero7 seem less long.

\"Before we part, before your neck is broken, You strike first, son of the north\"

Magic & Mayhem
lazygamer
Hero

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 09:35:43 PM »

Wouldn't it take a long time to redo Hero6's art in SVGA? An expansion pack is ok though.

Q: When will it be released?
A: When it is done.

-Lazygamer on fangame cliches
Swift
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 05:03:14 AM »

I voted for the multiplayer. I felt really disappointed when the multiplayer aspect of the qg5 was removed. Having the chance to interact with other players sounds exciting.

Btw, the word "expansion" is misspelt.

Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 05:04:51 AM »

I felt really disappointed when the multiplayer aspect of the qg5 was removed.
You're not the only one. I didn't even get to test out the demo. I voted for multi.

Jarada Knight: The Honorable Marshmallow
pyro
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 05:34:34 AM »

You can grab the qfg5 sneak peek demo from

QFG3d.com
shamless advertising.

Id like to see them move onto hero7, if they want to change to SVGA or 3D they can change here. Im fairly confident that it shouldn't need and expansion and multiplayer in a 2d adventure game what the....oh wait I remember Spy Vs Spy, never mind it would be cool though.

unfortunately my blanket burned up in the sheer heat that is Pyro leaving me exposed to the untold terror's that is the internet
Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 05:39:53 AM »

!!!
I've ransacked the whole internet looking for that demo and then you just pop a working link to it out of nowhere?!? I don't know if I should grin or tear my hair out.
Thanks alot!

pyro
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2004, 05:45:33 AM »

You never know unless you ask you should thank TeJa for that one Im amazed it's still there.

unfortunately my blanket burned up in the sheer heat that is Pyro leaving me exposed to the untold terror's that is the internet
Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2004, 06:10:50 AM »

NOOO! The install program doesn't work on Windows 2000! I *BANG* WAS *BANG* SO *BANG* CLOSE!!! *BANG*

pyro
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 02:30:24 AM »

Really it works fine on win xp, what is the problem? does it give any error messages? have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

Jafar
Famous Adventurer

New Age Retro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2004, 04:04:28 AM »

There is no compatibility mode in windows 2000. Sad  

pyro
Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2004, 09:14:51 PM »

I could upload a copy of the installed compenents but you'd still have to run it in some compatibility mode I think, are there any win 95 emulators for win 2000.

phats
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2004, 05:31:08 PM »

-My vote is for hero7.  We've discussed doing hero7 in "SuperVGA" (an outdated and inacurate term BTW Wink.  Hero6 is already technically "SuperVGA"), but the idea was turned down.  I would like to see hero7 in a high resolution, but I don't think it will happen for a number of reasons.

-Hero6 expansion pack would be silly.  Why not just call the expansion "hero7"?  Wink

-Hero6 multiplayer:  Many people unfortunately lack the vision of a multiplayer adventure.   I think it'd be awesome on so many levels.  I don't think that hero6 should be remade to be multiplayable though, because the game would be very dry.   If you want to make a multiplayable adventure game, you gotta design the game with that in mind.   I've actually designed a multiplayer adventure game before.  My idea was that each player joining the game would take the role of a NPC.  The goal of each player would be whatever their character's alignment was (ie- if you took the body of a villan, your goal to win would be to make the evil plans  of that character and succeed with them).  The complexity of these open ended puzzles were mind boggling.  You would need to have some serious AI to handle all situations, but it is possible.  Once you're past the design, then you have the joy of animating every npc with all movements, death sequences, combat animations and more.  That alone will kill you.

-Hero6 3D wouldn't be that neat, and has the lowest chance of being done.  We just don't have the skill for that.

-Change the title:  Yes, please.  Smiley  hero6 was the title that was given as a code name...  It wasn't meant to be official.

-Stop:  there's a good chance of that one. Smiley
Kalvin Voltkrieger Rodello
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2004, 07:42:08 PM »

G'day all, I haven't exactly had a chance to bug with your game, the main site gave me a LOT of mySQL errors, and I barely got to this forum as well.. It all started out when I became interested in MAD and creating an adventure game that was not only funy, but fun to play. It would be basically based off my life, which is messed up on so many levels.. but regardless of which, I found this place.

I wish and pray that you guys would continue to make games like this. I can't wait to find Hero6 and play it, it sounds great! Hero7 needs Multiplayer support, atleast  4-8 players, and a Villain and Hero team mode, and oo my brain just got thinking for something really freaking cool LOL... MY IDEA! ... too bad I dont really have the experience (but always learning)  to really program all that... :-x

Anyway, keep doing what you're doing, and uh.. yeah..  revive the Adventure Genre! :-D
Pwincess
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2004, 10:46:06 PM »

Welcome to Hero6 Kalvin   Smiley  
Corsair5
Famous Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2005, 08:41:58 PM »

Kalvin? Where's Hobbes?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: